[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 1012345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: On Christ....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
the breeze Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2011,10:41 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

On Christ....

Here is a man who was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in another obscure village. He worked in a carpenter shop until He was thirty, and then for three years He was an itinerant preacher. He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never owned a home. He never had a family. He never went to college. He never put His foot inside a big city. He never traveled two hundred miles from the place where He was born. He never did one of the things that usually accompany greatness. He had no credentials but Himself. He had nothing to do with this world except the naked power of His divine manhood. While still a young man, the tide of popular opinion turned against Him. His friends ran away. One of them denied Him. He was turned over to His enemies. He went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed upon a cross between two thieves. His executioners gambled for the only piece of property He had on earth while He was dying -- and that was His coat. When He was dead He was taken down and laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend.
Nineteen wide centuries have come and gone and today He is the centerpiece of a human race and the leader of ... progress.
I am far within the mark when I say that all the armies that ever marched, and all the navies that ever were built, and all the parliaments that ever sat, and all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man upon this earth as powerfully as has this One solitary life.
-- Anonymous

--------------
JESUS DID THE ORGANIZING for His church and whenever men go beyond that pattern (found only in the New Testament of Jesus Christ) they do so at their own peril. One needs to only read the New Testament to see the problem that has been created over the last two centuries within the churches.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Santorini Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2011,9:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Breeze,  
Operation Jericho is calling all Christians to unite in prayer on Sept. 11 in the cities.  It does not matter which affiliation one is; they are just calling ALL Christians.  The plan is to circle the cities, whether on foot, bicycle, motorcycle, and unite in prayer in celebration of God and of our Faith.  
Others have attempted to discredit believers in Christ; they have made attempts at ridicule; still others have made claims any outward sign of God and Faith is somehow offensive and they have solicited the courts for removal of these signs.  Operation Jericho is a chance to gather together and say...No More!  We will no longer be silent; we want our voices to be heard!   Should be an amazing event!

--------------
"Things turn out best for those who make the best
 of the way things turned out."    Jack Buck
 Post Number: 3
Joink Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2011,11:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why not call everybody, not only Christians to unite in prayer. God will hear us all. Too bad that we don't take the time to hear God.
God speaks to each of us constantly, but most of us don't listen.  We continue to bring harm to each other in this world. And, as displayed right here on this web site we find it very hard to forgive "those that have trespassed against us".  Operation Jericho would be over the top if all the world came together and shared the messages that God sends to us every day.
 Post Number: 4
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2011,4:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Joink @ Aug. 29 2011,11:27 pm)
Why not call everybody, not only Christians to unite in prayer. God will hear us all. Too bad that we don't take the time to hear God.
God speaks to each of us constantly, but most of us don't listen.  We continue to bring harm to each other in this world. And, as displayed right here on this web site we find it very hard to forgive "those that have trespassed against us".  Operation Jericho would be over the top if all the world came together and shared the messages that God sends to us every day.

Listening seems to be the hard part, doesn't it?  :thumbsup:

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 5
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2011,5:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Santorini @ Aug. 29 2011,9:49 pm)
Operation Jericho is calling all Christians to unite in prayer on Sept. 11 in the cities.  It does not matter which affiliation one is; they are just calling ALL Christians.  The plan is to circle the cities, whether on foot, bicycle, motorcycle, and unite in prayer in celebration of God and of our Faith.

I was curious about this, so I did a Google search.  Beware anyone else who tries to find info on this, chances are you'll come up with a bunch of hits about a WWII bombing campaign by the same name.

Here's a video I found:

I think it's great for people to come together on these things, although I'm skeptical, we'll see if this really is about helping: "the poor, the hurting, the abused, the lonely, the addicted, the incarcerated" as mentioned in the video.  They're starting this on 9/11 and ending at the state capital, so my guess is this is a handful of power players trying to campaign for something.

I'll be happy to see them prove me wrong.  Don't mean to rain on their parade, but years of following politics has made me even more cynical than I was before.  :;):

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2011,9:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Irish Eyes,
Powerful video isnt it?  The voice-over in the video is a relative of mine!!  This operation has nothing to do with politics...nothing to do with any organization...it was organized by ordinary people whose only alterior motive is to unite in prayer to help the neediest among us.

--------------
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2011,9:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:angel:

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Zzz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2011,4:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why not call everybody, not only Christians to unite in prayer. God will hear us all.

Because as Christians we believe Christ is God and therefore pray in Jesus name to our Father in heaven. Believing that God the Father will answer our prayers in the name of Jesus is pretty much the point of the christian gathering.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2011,1:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Santorini @ Aug. 29 2011,9:49 pm)
Breeze,  
Others have attempted to discredit believers in Christ; they have made attempts at ridicule; still others have made claims any outward sign of God and Faith is somehow offensive and they have solicited the courts for removal of these signs.  Operation Jericho is a chance to gather together and say...No More!  We will no longer be silent; we want our voices to be heard!   Should be an amazing event!

sounds real good. i was unaware of it, thank you.

--------------
JESUS DID THE ORGANIZING for His church and whenever men go beyond that pattern (found only in the New Testament of Jesus Christ) they do so at their own peril. One needs to only read the New Testament to see the problem that has been created over the last two centuries within the churches.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2011,1:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Zzz @ Aug. 30 2011,4:25 pm)

Why not call everybody, not only Christians to unite in prayer. God will hear us all.

Because as Christians we believe Christ is God and therefore pray in Jesus name to our Father in heaven. Believing that God the Father will answer our prayers in the name of Jesus is pretty much the point of the christian gathering.

:beer:

--------------
90 replies since Aug. 29 2011,10:41 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 1012345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply On Christ....
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon