[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The Misery of the Liberal Mind< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
the breeze Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2013,9:31 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Misery of the Liberal Mind
Written By : Susan Brown
December 14, 2013
The liberal mind, writes Dr. Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr. in his book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness,” views the world through the prism of “pity, sorrow, neediness, misfortune, poverty, suspicion, mistrust, anger, exploitation, discrimination, victimization, alienation and injustice” for people who are “poor, weak, sick, wronged, cheated, oppressed, disenfranchised and exploited.”

http://www.rightwingnews.com/column-2/the-misery-of-the-liberal-mind/

Of course, these “victims” bear zero responsibility for their plight, have no control over the rising waters of their circumstances, and must sit on the rooftop of their despair waiting for their government savior to rescue them. Liberals believe any malady known to man has nothing to do with poor choices, bad judgment or weak character. Instead it’s the fault of capitalism, discrimination, global warming, white people, conservatism, big corporations, Christianity, the wealthy, Bush 43, Reagan….and so on.With that kind

--------------
JESUS DID THE ORGANIZING for His church and whenever men go beyond that pattern (found only in the New Testament of Jesus Christ) they do so at their own peril. One needs to only read the New Testament to see the problem that has been created over the last two centuries within the churches.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
pepi-lapew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 15 2013,5:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Amen  BREEZE I do think your 100% correct! :thumbsup:
 Post Number: 3
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 15 2013,10:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe if all these Christians we find ourselves waist-deep in around here lived more according to Christ's teachings, that whole "least of my brethren" part, with regards to the “poor, weak, sick, wronged, cheated, oppressed, disenfranchised and exploited” people in our midst, they wouldn't need some government "rescue."

Maybe you should put down the Ayn Rand, and read some Nietzsche, who said, "In truth, there was only one Christian and he died on the cross."

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 4
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 15 2013,11:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^ sounds a bit pious, the Bible also says alot about being slothful. I have no problem with helping the deserved but when it's taken from me by gunpoint I start getting a little resentful.

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 5
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2013,12:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^Gunpoint?  Unless your accountant has some unorthodox business practices, you're being melodramatic.  As usual, this comes down to you not wanting to pay taxes.

Seems hypocritical, since you spend your days wrecking the roads the rest of us collectively pay to maintain, then complain when it's time to pay your share.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 6
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2013,5:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Botto 82 @ Dec. 15 2013,10:37 pm)
Maybe if all these Christians we find ourselves waist-deep in around here lived more according to Christ's teachings, that whole "least of my brethren" part, with regards to the “poor, weak, sick, wronged, cheated, oppressed, disenfranchised and exploited” people in our midst, they wouldn't need some government "rescue."

Maybe you should put down the Ayn Rand, and read some Nietzsche, who said, "In truth, there was only one Christian and he died on the cross."

The Christian Coalition right wing Conservatives of the Westboro Baptist Church reflect the true nature of Repulitard Christianity.

unfortunately Nietzsche was correct.

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 16 2013,5:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(irisheyes @ Dec. 16 2013,12:20 am)
^Gunpoint?  Unless your accountant has some unorthodox business practices, you're being melodramatic.  As usual, this comes down to you not wanting to pay taxes.

Seems hypocritical, since you spend your days wrecking the roads the rest of us collectively pay to maintain, then complain when it's time to pay your share.

I pay my taxes and usually my nose hurts afterwards. The percentages we pay in taxes and the waste that goes on in our gov. Is ludicrous.

Don't like the big trucks tearing up the road? Raise the road tax, I'm sure the costs will be passed along accordingly :)

--------------

Post Number: 8
the breeze Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2013,9:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Botto 82 @ Dec. 15 2013,10:37 pm)

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
Ronald Reagan

--------------
JESUS DID THE ORGANIZING for His church and whenever men go beyond that pattern (found only in the New Testament of Jesus Christ) they do so at their own peril. One needs to only read the New Testament to see the problem that has been created over the last two centuries within the churches.
 Post Number: 9
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2013,10:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(the breeze @ Dec. 17 2013,9:17 am)
The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
Ronald Reagan

Oh great, a guy who was demented (literally suffering from dementia) for most of his second term is lecturing liberals on knowledge?   :blush:

S.B.
I pay my taxes and usually my nose hurts afterwards.

I don't doubt that.  But it's that way for a reason, you want infrastructure, national security, a safety net for the old, and police who show up when you call?  You gotta pay for it.

The percentages we pay in taxes and the waste that goes on in our gov. Is ludicrous.

I used to believe all that stuff too about how the waste was the culprit.  Then we vote in Bush and Pawlenty, the waste turned out to be roads, schools, and nursing homes.  If you call animal control to report a stray it won't matter because the pound doesn't exist anymore; they laid off the dog catcher and the meter maid.  I stopped going to the library because they were always closed after the "waste" was trimmed.

Keep trying, eventually your nursing home assistant will be too busy to respond but it won't matter because your buzzer broke and they laid off the maintenance guy.  :p

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 17 2013,11:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(irisheyes @ Dec. 17 2013,10:06 am)

(the breeze @ Dec. 17 2013,9:17 am)
Ronald Reagan

Oh great, a guy who was demented (literally suffering from dementia) for most of his second term is lecturing liberals on knowledge?   :blush:

S.B.
I pay my taxes and usually my nose hurts afterwards.

I don't doubt that.  But it's that way for a reason, you want infrastructure, national security, a safety net for the old, and police who show up when you call?  You gotta pay for it.

The percentages we pay in taxes and the waste that goes on in our gov. Is ludicrous.

I used to believe all that stuff too about how the waste was the culprit.  Then we vote in Bush and Pawlenty, the waste turned out to be roads, schools, and nursing homes.  If you call animal control to report a stray it won't matter because the pound doesn't exist anymore; they laid off the dog catcher and the meter maid.  I stopped going to the library because they were always closed after the "waste" was trimmed.

Keep trying, eventually your nursing home assistant will be too busy to respond but it won't matter because your buzzer broke and they laid off the maintenance guy.  :p

I'll get back to this one tonight but I noticed you had no saucy retort to raising road and/or fuel taxes. ???

--------------

27 replies since Dec. 14 2013,9:31 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The Misery of the Liberal Mind
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon