[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 812345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Welfare Pigs, Low brow< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,5:57 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So there was an EBT card snafu this weekend. I guess with nearly 50 million Obama voter on food stamps this reaction would be expected. :(

http://www.ksla.com/story...-glitch

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,8:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I read the article on a different site. Apparently, in Louisiana EBT cards have a daily limit of $50 per person, which brings up a curious point.

Why such a low daily limit? Don't EBT cards work the same way as food stamps, with families receiving a set amount per month? I worked in a grocery store years ago, and we never had a limit on how much any one customer could spend in food stamps. Whether they wanted to buy groceries for that day or for the whole month, it was up to them. But once the food stamps were gone, they had to wait until the first of the month.

With a $50 limit, they would have to make multiple trips to the grocery store. They could not buy food for the whole week on one visit. This would also generate more work for the government agency processing the EBT paperwork... and never mind, I think I've just discovered why the daily limit—government creating government jobs.

Is there anyone posting here who works in retail or in human services who would know why there would be a daily limit instead of a set value for the month? Is it so the EBT card users have to budget the money they receive on the card so they don't eat like kings for a week and then eat ramen noodles for three weeks?

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 3
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,9:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(This is my real name @ Oct. 15 2013,8:22 am)
Is there anyone posting here who works in retail or in human services who would know why there would be a daily limit instead of a set value for the month? Is it so the EBT card users have to budget the money they receive on the card so they don't eat like kings for a week and then eat ramen noodles for three weeks?

I would guess it's more to help in the case of lost or stolen cards.  There is likely a  set amount on your cash card   (although a much higher amount) through your bank also.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,9:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess I hadn't considered loss limitations. That does make sense. I wonder if those cards also have a PIN for users to enter as a means of verification.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 5
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,9:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My guess would be that each card has an identification of each holder. This should give them means of exactly who took advantage of this particular mix up. Therefore each and every one involved should be held accountable and kicked off the system. Talk about not having any gratitude. :frusty:

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 6
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,10:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Therefore each and every one involved should be held accountable and kicked off the system. Talk about not having any gratitude. :frusty:

^ :clap:  agreed, these people know right from wrong!

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,10:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(grassman @ Oct. 15 2013,9:55 am)
My guess would be that each card has an identification of each holder. This should give them means of exactly who took advantage of this particular mix up. Therefore each and every one involved should be held accountable and kicked off the system. Talk about not having any gratitude. :frusty:

That would be great if they did that. However, given today's entitlement society, I am guessing that would be unlikely. Someone whose job depends on the votes of people like this would call it a violation of their civil rights.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,11:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We'll, if they over spent say $3000 and they had a limit of say $500 a month just tell them "see you in the spring pal, that's when you'll have money on your card again" of course if they have children or whine a lot the gov will say naughty, naughty, don't do that again and reload their card next month.

I'm pretty sure there's a certain voter type that gets these cards :(

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,11:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm pretty sure there's a certain voter type that gets these cards

And that is why that party doesn't do anything to help the poor OUT of poverty. If they can keep them dependent on the government by handing out entitlements, they'll keep getting their votes—and ensure job growth and security. Meanwhile, they demonize the selfish, rich people from the other party for not wanting them to have a lifetime of handouts. Why teach a man to fish when the taxpayers can give him a fish everyday?

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 15 2013,12:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The $50.00 a day is a backup procedure in case of an EBT system failure.

Welfare bottom feeders
Police in two north Louisiana cities won't investigate fraudulent food stamp purchases made at local Wal-Marts this weekend unless asked by the retailer, law enforcement representatives said Tuesday.

The fraudulent purchases were made at the Springhill and Mansfield locations during a massive system-wide outage on Saturday (Oct. 12). Wal-Mart spokeswoman Kayla Whaling said the retailer instructed cashiers at the two locations to continue sales to Electronic Benefits Transfer, or EBT, Card holders in spite of the outage.

Some benefits recipients spent well in excess of their balances, but investigations into the "isolated incidents" at the two Louisiana locations have not yet been initiated.

"Wal-Mart has not contacted our office at all," said Gary Hobbs, assistant chief of police for the city of Mansfield in DeSoto Parish. He said police would be very willing to investigate the matter if Wal-Mart files a complaint and hands over any pertinent evidence.

Xerox, a contractor in charge of EBT Cards, has an emergency backup procedure in place that allows retailers to call Xerox and authorize up to $50 in purchases per recipient during such outages.

The Wal-Mart locations in Springhill and Mansfield did not act in accordance with the procedure. Going forward, it's up to the retailer to decide whether to eat the costs of fraudulent purchases or instruct local police to investigate the improper EBT charges.

Hobbs said he believed there would definitely be "legal culpability" on the part of food stamp recipients who overcharged their cards. But, he added he did not expect the retail chain to go forward with the investigation.

Springhill Chief of Police Will Lynd, on the other hand, said it wouldn't shock him if Wal-Mart did initiate an investigation "in the near future." At this time, however, his office is not taking any further steps on the issue.

Local police and Wal-Mart officials did not have any preliminary estimates on the total amount of the fraudulent charges. But, state agency officials said taxpayers won't be on the hook for the purchases.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
74 replies since Oct. 15 2013,5:57 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 812345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Welfare Pigs
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon