>Guest

Page 1 of 512345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: City Chickens, Again?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,9:03 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd been following chicken issue in Northwood with some humor.  One family had decided to start eating more healthy in a method they chose.  Gardening and storing and canning their own fresh grown foods was a choice they made.  Leo Hendrick and his wife, Jerilea, and their two sons do not eat processed meat.  Leo hunts for his families meat along with raising rabbits for food.

Then they decided to start raising their own chickens for eggs.  That's when their troubles began.  Some cities allow chickens to be raised in residential areas as families are looking to get their foods from more healthy means.

Locally, Mason City allows for chickens as does Albert Lea.  What got me steaming is when the city council of Northwood decided at their council meeting who could speak and who couldn't.  

Live in Northwood, lose your rights

A Veteran Gets Criminal Treatment and Censored over Chickens

Roger.  Are you listening?  :D

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,9:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I read that letter this AM, kinda disturbing the way they were treated.

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 3
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,9:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I read the letter to the editor on this subject. Apparently, one of their city councilors who lives within city limits keeps cattle on his property - without consequence.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,11:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But cows are talented

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------

Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,12:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's..whoa SB.  I don't think I'm going to comment on that one.  

Anyway.  The infringement on his First Amendment right started at his trial when he wasn't allowed to speak on the benefits of home-grown, non GMO food, how some cities had wrote ordinances to be chicken friendly or that the only complaints made were by the government, not neighbors or town folk.

“We were sick of corporate farming, GMOs and pesticides,” Hendrick told Storyleak. “The price of groceries just keeps going up too so this is really the only way me and my family can survive.”

Unfortunately for Hendrick, once city council learned of his family’s chickens, a Worth County sheriff’s deputy arrived at his home late August to present a letter demanding he remove all animals from his property within 10 days.

“It really wasn’t a surprise. I don’t blame the sheriff’s department though,” Hendrick said. “There has never been a citizen complaint at all about my chickens or my gardens. It just comes down to the city government complaining about it.”

Then he was ridiculed by the council and mayor.  With the support of many neighbors physically and written, he went to the city.  
“They actually told me that I just needed to ‘fit into society’ and comply,” Hendrick said. “The mayor even told me that government intruding into lives like this was okay and needed, which I didn’t agree with.”
 The Backyard Provider

The issue isn't whether he broke a city ordinance.  The issue rather is good law or bad?

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,2:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is America (at least for a little while longer) a lawsuit would probably get the city's attention.

--------------

Post Number: 7
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,3:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I live in the city because I don't want to live around livestock. I don't care what anyone eats but personally I like the idea of Genetically Modified Foods, I'm looking forward to the day when I can order up a 3lb shrimp.

What does being a vet have to do with this?

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,4:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ May 05 2014,3:19 pm)
I live in the city because I don't want to live around livestock. I don't care what anyone eats but personally I like the idea of Genetically Modified Foods, I'm looking forward to the day when I can order up a 3lb shrimp.

What does being a vet have to do with this?

You like genetically modified foods?  

May I?  :crazy:

:D

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,5:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just think, turkey's with 6 drumsticks. :p

--------------

Post Number: 10
Blackwell Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2014,7:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yep!

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
The Democrats are the party of government activism, the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller, and get the chickweed out of your lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then get elected and prove it. J.P. O'Rourke
48 replies since May 05 2014,9:03 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 512345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply City Chickens
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon