[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Dr. Laura, Racial Rant< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2010,10:07 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I never did understand why anyone would call this woman for advice.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2010,11:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OMG, not the N word, the world has come to an end, run for the hills, words are being spoken.

You know how many times a day I hear that word thrown about like sayin' hello?  
Why on earth anyone would let a word bother them is beyond me, too many uptight, self absorbed holier than thou, touchy feelie, wimped out wear my feelings on my shoulder people in this world.  Grow some thick skin.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
pantalonesverdes Search for posts by this member.
Rob ('n hood)

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2010,12:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Grinning_Dragon @ Aug. 13 2010,12:36 am)
too many uptight, self absorbed holier than thou, touchy feelie, wimped out wear my feelings on my shoulder people in this world.  Grow some thick skin.

:clap:
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2010,5:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What crosses the line?  Is it Dr. Laura, Grinning Dragon, or maybe Rush or Hannity can let us know when black people are whining too much and are being oversensitive.

For example, I suppose I could sit here and tell you all how those damn Holocaust survivors have been milking sympathy for far too long.  I mean, by 1958 or 59 they should've been over it and gotten on with their lives.  Except for the dead ones, of course.  But people die all the time, no sense in making a big deal out of it.
:sarcasm:

Of course, I'm just a white guy who's never had to deal with any of the persecution I wrote about above.  Nevertheless, it sure is easy for me to diminish what other people have gone through their entire lives.   :D

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 5
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2010,6:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was not referring to black people whining, I am referring to uptight white folk who get all indignant and offended at the dumbest things and times and then whine about it.

People who seem to get their knickers in a bunch, over nothing, and then yell out, "OMG thats racists, blah, blah, blah."

And you could sit there and tell about those Holocaust survivors milking it, no skin off my nose, if its your opinion, then so be it.   After all there is NO RIGHT not to be offended.

Again, people now days just need to toughen up, and grow some thick skin, all of this political correctness crap is destroying everything.  Death to political correctness.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2010,6:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving an opinion.  People can express opinions on politics, race, religion, or whatever else, and I'm not in favor of political correctness or beating around the bush about it.  But her advertisers have every right to pull their ads when they decide they don't want to associate with those opinions.

Remember what happened to the Dixie Chicks?  Freedom of Speech doesn't protect you when the fans decide they disagree with your opinion.

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 14 2010,7:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Remember what happened to the Dixie Chicks?

Was it really because of their comments or was it the fact that their music really did suck?  :p

In any event, good riddance to bad rubbish!!

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 8
jimhanson Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 14 2010,1:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good Gawd, man, she QUOTED the black entertainers! :p

She didn't use the word herself, she quoted OTHERS.  Has it come to this, that you dare not quote OTHERS?  Think about it--in quoting the black entertainers, she was condemning THEM for saying it.

WAY too Politically Correct!  R. Lee Ermey says it best:

nullnull[URL=]My Webpage[/URL]

--------------
"If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.  If you want to anger a LIBERAL, tell him the TRUTH!"
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 14 2010,3:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hear people say the same thing here and there, but I'll be glad if it ruins her career either way.  Not a fan of family values conservatives since most of them are the worst hypocrites.

Good Gawd, man, she QUOTED the black entertainers!

So, I can call people names and when they get upset I'll just shrug my shoulders and say, "hey, SOMEONE out there said that, and I'm just quoting THEM?"  I don't buy it, you can use insulting and derogatory words all you want, but when you get called on it don't back down and say "but someone else said it first."  That doesn't even work in elementary school, but apparently it works for talk radio.

Think about it--in quoting the black entertainers, she was condemning THEM for saying it.

Riiigghtt...  What part of it was she condemning entertainers for saying it?  I mean, was she defending AND condemning the use of the word.   :rofl:

--------------
 Post Number: 10
jimhanson Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 14 2010,3:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is it NOT true that black entertainers regularly use the word? :dunno:

If you are offended by her quoting the black entertainers, take a tip from Bill Engvall--instead of "Here's your sign!"--"HERE'S YOUR BOX OF KLEENEX!"

Frankly, I'm with GD--I'm tired of people that are so "constantly outraged" that they have to make up NEW things to be "outraged" about.

I hear people say the same thing here and there, but I'll be glad if it ruins her career either way.  Not a fan of family values conservatives since most of them are the worst hypocrites.
 You'll be GLAD if it "ruins her career"--even if she is innocent of any racial bias?  :p   And YOU say that SHE is hypocritical? :dunce:

"Here's your sign!"

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
"If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.  If you want to anger a LIBERAL, tell him the TRUTH!"
39 replies since Aug. 12 2010,10:07 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Dr. Laura
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon