>Guest

Page 1 of 712345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, back again< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 10 2010,5:26 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It just doesn't stop for this group.  They lost how many billions again last quarter?  

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

And they're back at the table again?    

This must be becoming a trend now?  All a person has to do is "buy and bail."

Someone needs to put a stop to this slide.  Someone needs to step in and become responsible for Freddie and Fannie.  Someone who knows what's best.  Like the feds.  :D

Maybe someone should be asking Obama what he's planning to end this once and for all.  I wonder what Obama is doing?    
No worrys here.  He's clearly on top of his game.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
jimhanson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,2:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

MADDOG posts an article on the LARGEST BAILOUT IN U.S. HISTORY--and it gets fewer than 100 views.

A good SCANDAL, though--gets thousands of views.

People just don't pay attention.

It says something about the nation we have become--"tolerant" to even the biggest malfeasences, government failures, and government waste.

"Scandal" piques interest, but the largest government failure gets barely a mention.  I guess we shouldn't be surprised.  Book and newspaper subscriptions are declining, as are most "news" viewer numbers--but People magazine and the supermarket tabloids are as popular as ever! :p  :(  :rofl:

--------------
"If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.  If you want to anger a LIBERAL, tell him the TRUTH!"
 Post Number: 3
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,2:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bush, Subprime Mortgages, Forclosures, Bush, Blah, Blah, Bush. We'll be cleaning up after that moron for years to come..
 Post Number: 4
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,3:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"You know, I'm the President during this period of time, but I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President."

George W. Bush, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,4:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And to add insult to injury, the two perps that refused to look into Fannie and Freddie in their jobs as head of the House and Senate Finance Committees--Chris Dodd and Slobbering Barney Frank--have the new FINANCE bill named after them! :oops:  :rofl:

This really IS Orwellian! :p

--------------
"If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.  If you want to anger a LIBERAL, tell him the TRUTH!"
 Post Number: 6
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,11:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(jimhanson @ Aug. 11 2010,2:18 pm)
MADDOG posts an article on the LARGEST BAILOUT IN U.S. HISTORY--and it gets fewer than 100 views.

A good SCANDAL, though--gets thousands of views.

People just don't pay attention.

It says something about the nation we have become--"tolerant" to even the biggest malfeasences, government failures, and government waste.

"Scandal" piques interest, but the largest government failure gets barely a mention.  I guess we shouldn't be surprised.  Book and newspaper subscriptions are declining, as are most "news" viewer numbers--but People magazine and the supermarket tabloids are as popular as ever! :p  :(  :rofl:

A scandal has to be on the local level to get people interested.  If it's $58K for Tiger Hills, its a scandal everyone has an opinion about.  When the city tried to give $25,000 to the chamber, it's a scandal and most are in an uproar.  Yet Freddie and Fannie aren't even chastised and gets no press space.

How many times can these two to keep asking for second helpings?  All they are being taught is "don't worry about it.  They will give us more."  This is nothing more than a "buy and bail" plan of their own.

Look at the $26B Congress just doled out in special session which basically is going to the teacher's union.  Notice how when Nancy signed off on the bill, she surrounded herself with school kids.  Now where in the world did all those kids show up at a press confrence?  She must have called them back from their summer break too.   :rofl:     Did Pelosi actually state, “this may sound like a lot of money, but the value of having all of those union members on our Democrat campaign team makes it well worth the investment.”  :dunno:  Last year,  Bob Chanin, a lawyer NEA stated in a speech.  
 “Despite what some among us would like to believe it is not because of our creative ideas; it is not because of the merit of our positions; it is not because we care about children; and it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child.

“The NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues each year because they believe that we are the unions that can most effectively represent them; the union that can protect their rights and advance their interests as education employees.

“This is not to say that the concern of NEA and its affiliates with closing achievement gaps, reducing drop rate rates, improving teacher quality, and the like are unimportant or inappropriate. To the contrary these are the goals that guide the work we do. But they need not and must not be achieved at the expense of due process, employee rights, or collective bargaining.

“That is simply too high a price to pay.”

But this scandal isn't local.  Everyone here screams when the city or county or sheriff's office or county nurse spends our money in a way we don't agree with or raises taxes because they can't survive with what they have.  Then we scream.  If we don't get it, you're children will walk to school.  WOW, one of the longest threads in the history of this forum.

(Does she wax her lips up or are her teeth that big?)

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 7
Robert Hoffman Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2010,9:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mad,

...one of the best posts, threads, I've read ^^^

-Hoffer

PS I sold a dozen homes for Freddie Mac (even bought 2 & live in one.) It IS a complete 100% bumble f of a mess.

--------------
A guy is in a hole & is yelling for "help!" A doctor walks by & writes a prescription. A preist walks by & says a prayer. Then a FRIEND jumps in the hole with him & the guy yells at his friend "You're down here with me now!" The friend says "SURE, but Ive been down before and I know the ways out!"
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2010,10:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One of the pundits opined (paraphrase) "A larger percentage of the people are outraged over government rule than when the British ruled us".

I believe that to be true--the majority of people in Colonial times did not favor independence from Britain--while 89% are dissatisfied with Congress today.

The difference--from Colonial times until the 1960s, we took direct action--the PEOPLE were bigger than government.  With the explosion of government power and influence starting with the "Great Society"--Americans became more like Europeans--willing to be ruled by the "elite ruling class."  We USED to be a country that took direct action--the difference between Americans and the rest of the world is that we were free to do anything, unless there was a law prohibiting it.  Today, we have become just like the rest of the world--timorous when it comes to confronting government--afraid that we MIGHT be breaking a law, afraid that we MIGHT be sued.  

Today, we have an administration that insists on passing bills that the American people don't want--but they pass them anyway.  Bailouts, cash for clunkers, takeover of car companies, banks, finance companies, Obamacare, not enforcing the border, sueing Arizona--all opposed by the majority of Americans--but passed by the Obamunists because they believe THEY "know better." :dunce:   By not making Congress and the Administration accountable, we have abdicated our power, and Obama has appointed himself King--he truly believes he is "The One We Have Been Waiting For."

Thank you libbies, you have succeeded in your vision to make America just like the Euroweenies! :sarcasm:

The consequences?  Like the readers of People magazine and the supermarket tabloid, people get upset over the inconsequential items--but $26 BILLION to buy votes from the Teacher's Union?  Ho-Hum. :p

The cost PER PERSON for this latest boondoggle?  About $90 PER PERSON.  Write your check from your family directly to Nancy Pelosi! :sarcasm:  :angry:

--------------
 Post Number: 9
denovo Search for posts by this member.
Denovo

Group: Member
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2010,10:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No s$$$!  I taught in a city that payed more per head per student than any other in this country and witnessed miserably, godless, failing schools, with vulturesk teachers hangin around after school milking per diem and paying soulless lip service to clueless kids.

--------------
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.

Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.  

~Noam Chomsky
 Post Number: 10
denovo Search for posts by this member.
Denovo

Group: Member
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2010,10:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I stuck around, taught kids, and never even considered signing up for "per diem" for the record.

--------------
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.

Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.  

~Noam Chomsky
67 replies since Aug. 10 2010,5:26 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 712345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon