[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: School board's illegal meeting.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 08 2016,6:35 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Check out this meeting but fast forward to the 1 hr mark. You will hear the board chair explain what went on at their illegal meeting based on his notes and memory because they didn't bother to record what was said.

A couple things are really disgusting, like when the knucklehead chair reminded them to support the administration. WTF? Their job isn't to support the administration, it's to oversee the administration. Also when Jill Marin tries to bring up the open meeting law violation he's a total jackass to her and says they should discuss it offline, as in when the camera is off Also it sounds like this illegal closed meeting was some sort of interrogation of one of the members, and the member wisely ignored their question. Another bizarre thing is the board chair asked the other members how they thought he was doing as chair. It's like he was fishing for compliments to inflate his already over-inflated ego.

If he really wants to know how he's doing he could just ask any member of the general public and I'm sure they'd gladly inform him he sucks at both his jobs.

It seems to me Jill Marin is the only honest person on that board, and I would love to see her go to a judge over the meeting she knows was illegal. It's the right, honest, and just thing to do. At most, it's a small fine to make sure they don't do it again, and if they do it two more times they lose their seat.

https://youtu.be/c4zadpb8VYw

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
mrugly Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 08 2016,9:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The school board seems to be like the city in many ways. Crazy, don't give to much if any thought to what we think about their plans that will happen one way or another whether we like it or not in most cases.

--------------
Iowa it stands for Idiots Out Wandering Around!
:oops: did i just print that?   :sarcasm:
 Post Number: 3
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 09 2016,6:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

These "boards" are becoming to have a life of their own. Take the school board in Stillwater that duped the residents into a school referendum and reallocated the money for a new school. :(

--------------
git er done!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 4
Corruptionendsnow Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2016,6:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Are you kidding me? Marin is the most unethical person on that board. I heard the board took her to task for her behavior in January. And now she is pissed. Check the January tape- she voted to go into closed session just like all the rest. And now she is questioning it a month after the fact. She takes her marching orders from Georgie- and the rest of the board is now calling her on it. About bleeping time.
 Post Number: 5
mrugly Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2016,7:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jill and George are the best people to try and stop our city or school district from doing something stupid from happening. Live in George's ward and have had friends and neighbors call him about things and he had checked on it and gotten back to them in a timely fashion he also will be one to vote no on things. nice people also.

--------------
Iowa it stands for Idiots Out Wandering Around!
:oops: did i just print that?   :sarcasm:
 Post Number: 6
Corruptionendsnow Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2016,7:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

George? The guy who sells tapes of his sermons for cash on the Internet?  He is a perpetual rebel looking for a cause. When has George ever led one successful initiative on the city council? Of course he would have to attend meetings to do so. Look up oppositional defiant disorder in the dictionary.  You will see his face in the definition...
 Post Number: 7
fredsmith Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 10 2016,8:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This community has had enough of George and his puppet wife.  They had best hope the IRS does not investigate their church like they did Irvine... If our town is going to move forward, people like the Marins need to go away.
 Post Number: 8
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 11 2016,10:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

George seems to be the only council member that cares about how the people on fixed iincome, that built this town, are getting taxed out of their homes.

As far as Jill, I don't think I've ever met her but I know she had an issue with that meeting and she should have. The board chair clearly knew it was illegal and wanted to shut her up and not one member defended her right to speak, that tells you a lot about that board.

What's wrong with selling sermons online? My grandmother loved to listen to preachers so I'm sure there's a market for that type of thing.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
 Post Number: 9
Dendrobatidae Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 12 2016,8:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

TIME TO ASK QUESTIONS: We voted the school board in, they are accountable to the public not the superintendent. The superintendent works for us and is accountable to the school board. Jill Marin is the only board member that does her job! She asks questions, listens to the community and parents. Last time we had a school board member question Funk they were asked to resign! (bullied into it)  We need people to ask questions and not be bullied by our superintendent. The public is treated like we are children, being scolded by the chair constantly. Teachers and Parents are  being disrespected and that is unacceptable.
School Board meeting from January 21, 2016.
-- Janece Jeffrey(6th grade Reading & Language Teacher/Member's Rights) addresses the board at :59.
-- Superintendent Mike Funk interjects at 4:14.
-- Mark Ciota addresses the issue of the teachers wearing red t-shirts prior to or on teacher negotiation days at 25:45.
https://youtu.be/4e9LLD3kKQQ…
 Post Number: 10
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 13 2016,12:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

People are made to feel ashamed for speaking out and for making there opinion known.. They are afraid of the bullies..

Be heard people or be forgotten..
15 replies since Mar. 08 2016,6:35 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply School board's illegal meeting.
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon