[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 5 of 23<<123456789>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Harig-Poor Manager-Already spent all the $< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 41
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 21 2004,6:57 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They are afraid to log in so far, (they think the government will know who they are if they speak up, I say "so what"),

Tell your friends the government will not find out who they are if they do decide to speak up. Only one person has access to any log files on this server because the server is physically located right here in Albert Lea (about 8 ft. away from me). And if any govt. agency wanted information they would have to go through me to get it and I would never give out any information without a court order.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 42
Montyman Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 21 2004,7:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Indeed, there's probably nobody intelligent enough around this area to get past your firewall...

--------------
Ignorant men raise questions that wise men answered a thousand years ago. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 43
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 21 2004,11:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They are afraid to log in so far, (they think the government will know who they are if they speak up

brings up this quote
When the Gov't fears the people you have FREEDOM, when the people fear gov't you have TYRANNY...

I have never understood why people are like that, last time I looked we have a RIGHT to speak out against our gov't, whether they like it or not, tough titty I say.
The more the people speak up, the more strength we have in numbers.  As they say the 1st protects the 2nd and the 2nd protects them all.

Tell your friends to quit being wimps and post away, to hell with em, we are their masters.. :rockon:

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
 Post Number: 44
MrTarzan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2004,5:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some of my friends still work for them, and when they speak up suddenly they are eliminated due to "budget contraints".  That is the most common way to get rid of dissenters in the ranks now.  Yeah, maybe it is a little wimpy, but in this economy and jobs hard to come by, they have to put their families first.  Me, I have always leapt before I looked anyway ;)   I love your quote though, and sometimes local governments can be the most tyrannical and intolerant.  Don't forget our local council actually proposed to stop letting the public speak at meetings :p

--------------
Be not simply good, be good for something-Henry David Thoreau
 Post Number: 45
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 22 2004,9:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Did not know they worked for the Gov't.  GS employees?  Military?
Yeah I guess if their boss found out, life would be kinda difficult for em.  I agree with them in part, that family comes first, ecspecially now as the economy is kinda shakey..

Have they thought about using an annonymizer program(just runs through a bunch of proxy servers that does not capture IP addresses, and some spoof the IP automatically after running thru the proxy), or spoofing their IP address?  If that is what they are afraid of, their employers getting info that so and so posted something that did not bode well.

After all, once they pick a handle, their boss would never find out who was who......

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
 Post Number: 46
riffraff Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2004,2:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:)
 Post Number: 47
minnow Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2004,6:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"besides meth was designed by the nazis in world war 2, to make the soldiers fight better"

Oh...I see they need bigger firepower because all the meth heads are going to fight like nazi's! LOL :laugh:

Can you point to even one meth head in this town who has taken up arms against law enforcment?  

Me tinks you getting confused about who the real nazi's are..Hehe.
 Post Number: 48
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2004,8:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Quote (riffraff @ Feb. 23 2004,2:04:pm)
i think 223 caliber is too small, the reason maybe the cops need MP-5 is that it is 9mm. caliber interchangeable with many handguns which are also 9mm

If you wanna get technical about it, many sub-machine guns are chambered in 9mm.  What's the reason for using one of the most expensive one's?  You can get a TEC-9 for a fraction of the cost, it also uses 9mm.  Either way, most local cops don't carry 9mm anyway, they'll use 40 caliber's.
give em the fully automatic, the badguys will think twice about committing a crime

That sounds like your suggesting that if lethal force is necessary it isn't enough to shoot them, we need to flip the switch to full auto and turn them into a sponge!  Most people out of control would gladly comply after getting maced or hit with a tazer, even if they don't, shooting them is the worst case scenario, even then, one shot is enough, you don't need to kill them & everyone behind them also.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 49
minnow Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2004,12:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't think you understand what he really means...intimidation. He wants the police to carry around machine guns with highly testostrone driven attidude, acting like at any time they could "go off". He feels that this would be a better way to live our everyday lives, because the intimidation factor may force a robber not to rob or a drug taker not to take drugs.  :blush:

Does this make any sense to you? To me it's insane.   :blues:
 Post Number: 50
jimhanson Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2004,10:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

All this talk about full-auto weapons, and the "intimidation factor".  The reality is--when the National Guard was deployed to "guard the airports" at major hubs, they carried M-16s.  How many bullets did they issue?  FIVE TO EACH SOLDIER.

It's all for show.

--------------
"If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.  If you want to anger a LIBERAL, tell him the TRUTH!"
224 replies since Feb. 11 2004,8:57 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 5 of 23<<123456789>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Harig-Poor Manager-Already spent all the $
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon