[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 12 of 52<<8910111213141516>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: SMOKING BAN, SMOKING< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 111
ALcitizen Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2005,1:13 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

George, you sure spend a lot of time with this smoking ban.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 112
GEOKARJO Search for posts by this member.
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2005,2:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe you are not aware I am the Chairperson of the Freeborn County Freedom of Choice Committee.

We are a group 350 members stong.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 113

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2005,4:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No, I was not aware of that.
 Post Number: 114
db21 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2005,5:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We were in minneapolis on saturday and I would say the bars were busier than I have ever seen. Lots of people out smoking on the streets. The best thing was when I got in the shower the next morning. No nasty smoke smell coming from you hair. My clothes did not smell terrible. I think it was a great idea for them to go smoke free.
 Post Number: 115
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2005,6:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

db21 So your doing the books? And rebute the reports of the actual bar owners? What Bar do you own? It isn't about smoking or non smoking it is about property owners rights.

Edited by GEOKARJO on Apr. 11 2005,6:08 pm
 Post Number: 116
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2005,6:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You see?

There's the real deal. It wasn't a health hazard so much as it was a stinky situation for the diminishing ranks of the middle class.

I think the whole thing stinks, figuratively speaking, and this from someone who's a little fed up with all this government involvement in our lives, and at a time where I'm giving up the evil things.

Market forces should have decided this, anonymous newbie, whoever you are. This no-smoking thing might work for The Fine Line, but I'll bet it's trouble for some of the more neighborhood-esque dives up here...

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 117
db21 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 11 2005,8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No i am not doing the books nor do I own a bar. i think there are plenty of other customers out there and will probably be more pleased customers.
 Post Number: 118
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2005,10:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

WILLMAR, Minn. (AP) - Former Minneapolis FBI agent Coleen Rowley says the Patriot Act is useful, but it needs a system to combat infringements on civil liberties.

Rowley spoke last night at an event sponsored by the Willmar League of Women Voters.

She compared today's fear of terrorism to "Red Scare" of the 1950s.

Rowley says some proposed bills on Capitol Hill would address issues in the Patriot Act. One of them -- the SAFE act -- would put limits on searches done by intelligence agencies.

Rowley gained attention in 2002 when she criticized the government's pre-September eleventh counterterrorism efforts. For her whistleblowing, Time magazine named her one of its Persons of the Year in 2002.
 Post Number: 119

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2005,11:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I do have to agree, people's right are being ripped away one at a time, but really, this whole "non-smoking issue is getting old.  I would also have to agree with db21, it would be nice arriving home, and not having to hang your jacket outside, and take a shower before you hit the bed.
 Post Number: 120
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2005,2:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The radio statio I listen to has been playing a PSA for the past 2 days now stating that 30 min in a smoke filled room will cause you to have a heart attack, blood clots and one other thing.

If this is true I expect within the next day or so I will be keeling over or hospitalized. If no one hears from me again you know what happened.
511 replies since Jul. 28 2004,11:08 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 12 of 52<<8910111213141516>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply SMOKING BAN
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon