Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Outlook mail stopped working, any computer geeks know a fix?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
bianca Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2011,2:57 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My windows outlook email account stopped working. I can get on my regular hotmail account but not Outlook. Does anyone know what's up with that or why it would just stop working for no explanation?

Thank you for any help.

--------------
I believe in the patriotism and energy and initiative of the average man. Woodrow Wilson

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. — Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2011,6:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not a big fan of Outlook but I've had to use it for some email.  Are you using the Office program to sign on or the web access?  I have Office 2007 but I prefer using the web access instead.  I haven't had any trouble with mine lately, and I just signed on to double check.

I'm not the best when it comes to tech stuff but I would try the web access if you haven't, I'll PM you a link.  If you already use the web access then you'd probably have to troubleshoot with your browser like cleaning out your temp files, cookies, etc.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 3
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2011,6:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Do a search for a file named scanpst.exe, (normally this file is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12.)

Double click the file to run it.
In the Enter the name of the file you want to scan box, enter the name of the .pst or .ost file that you want to check, or click Browse to search for the file. (normally the name is outlook.pst)

notes
   * If you are able to open the original .pst file, you may be able to recover additional items from your damaged .pst file. By default, the Inbox Repair tool creates a file called file name.bak, which is a copy of the original .pst file with a different extension. The .bak file is located in the same folder as your original .pst file. You may be able to recover items from the .bak file that the Inbox Repair tool could not recover. Make a copy of the .bak file, and give the file a new name with a .pst extension, such as bak.pst. Import the bak.pst file, and then move any additional recovered items to the new .pst file that you created.
   * A copy of the log file is written to the same location as the .pst file.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
bianca Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2011,9:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

:) Thanks you guys, it's working.

--------------
I believe in the patriotism and energy and initiative of the average man. Woodrow Wilson

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. — Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
3 replies since Jul. 22 2011,2:57 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Outlook mail stopped working
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon