[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Climate Change Skeptic Changes Sides.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2010,8:11 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Flips sides on Climate Change, and Cap and Trade? :rofl:

The world's most high-profile climate change sceptic is to declare that global warming is "undoubtedly one of the chief concerns facing the world today" and "a challenge humanity must confront", in an apparent U-turn that will give a huge boost to the embattled environmental lobby.

Bjørn Lomborg, the self-styled "sceptical environmentalist" once compared to Adolf Hitler by the UN's climate chief, is famous for attacking climate scientists, campaigners, the media and others for exaggerating the rate of global warming and its effects on humans, and the costly waste of policies to stop the problem.

But in a new book to be published next month, Lomborg will call for tens of billions of dollars a year to be invested in tackling climate change. "Investing $100bn annually would mean that we could essentially resolve the climate change problem by the end of this century," the book concludes.

Examining eight methods to reduce or stop global warming, Lomborg and his fellow economists recommend pouring money into researching and developing clean energy sources such as wind, wave, solar and nuclear power, and more work on climate engineering ideas such as "cloud whitening" to reflect the sun's heat back into the outer atmosphere.

In a Guardian interview, he said he would finance investment through a tax on carbon emissions that would also raise $50bn to mitigate the effect of climate change, for example by building better sea defences, and $100bn for global healthcare.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environ...-u-turn

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2010,9:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

well I'm fliping sides too I want some globle warming, I hate long cold winters...

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2010,6:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It is funny how some need to be hit in the face with a brick before they can see the light.

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 4
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2010,10:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(grassman @ Sep. 03 2010,6:54 am)
It is funny how some need to be hit in the face with a brick before they can see the light.

What's funnier is that people know what is causing it and choose to contribute to it day in and day out.

Big trucks, big mowers, two-stroke trimmers and such. I'm not tossing a brick, I'm just saying.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
jimhanson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2010,10:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ICU812 @ Sep. 03 2010,10:01 am)

What's funnier is that people know what is causing it and choose to contribute to it day in and day out.

Big trucks, big mowers, two-stroke trimmers and such. I'm not tossing a brick, I'm just saying.

Not to mention AlBore's jets and Obummer burning 6000 gallons of jet fuel to plant one tree in Colorado.

If they REALLY believed in global warming "climate change"--they wouldn't engage in such behavior.

I know, I know--"They're doing it for our own good." :rofl:

--------------
"If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.  If you want to anger a LIBERAL, tell him the TRUTH!"
 Post Number: 6
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2010,5:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sept. 2,2010
Suzuki's sockeye black eye

Last year the David Suzuki Foundation issued an article that blamed declining sock-eye salmon stocks on global warming, among other things:

The Fraser River’s sockeye salmon are in trouble. And when the salmon are in trouble, we’re all in trouble.

The number of sockeye returning from the ocean to the Fraser River this year is one of the lowest in the past 50 and follows two years of dangerously low returns. In fact, we have witnessed decades of decline for diverse sockeye populations from the Fraser Watershed, some of which are now on the brink of extinction.

Sockeye have been heavily fished over the years, their spawning habitat in rivers and lakes is being destroyed, their survival is threatened by warming oceans and rivers due to climate change, and they are vulnerable to sea lice and diseases from open-net salmon farms.
The stocks were so low last year that the government launched an investigation which is set to cost $14 million and start next month.  The David Suzuki Foundation was granted standing as part of the Conservation Coalition.

This year, the salmon are back, in numbers not seen in almost 100 years:
Fishery officials estimated Tuesday that more than 25 million sockeye salmon will return to the Fraser River this year, the largest number since 1913. Last year’s return was 1.7 million — the lowest in more than 50 years.

And the estimate could yet go higher as Tuesday’s test catch was the largest all year, said Barry Rosenberger, area director for the Department of Fisheries and Oceans.
Radical environmentalists have been parading NOAA’s declaration that the first 6 months of 2010 were the warmest on record.  Yet sockeye salmon thrived in what are presumably the same ‘warming oceans’ the Suzuki article declared would see them vanish almost into extinction.

The Suzuki Foundation has been caught out by the nature of things, they took a short-term trend and used it as an example that global warming is real.  Now, nature has bounced back with record numbers of fish and the David Suzuki Foundation’s unfounded fear-mongering is exposed.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 7
Montyman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2010,5:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Must also mention China...and lots of other places besides the US...our EPA is crazy strict.
M
:)

--------------
Ignorant men raise questions that wise men answered a thousand years ago. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
 Post Number: 8
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 03 2010,11:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montyman @ Sep. 03 2010,5:31 pm)

Must also mention China...and lots of other places besides the US...our EPA is crazy strict.
M
:)

You are correct. My equipment  is all to the upper scale of non-pollutant. I do have to drive a truck to move my stuff around. This is small potatoes to what some big business does to dodge responsibility to keep things clean. I believe in making a place I have go to, better than before I got there.  :)  :thumbsup:

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 9
Navy_Gary Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2010,7:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Post Number: 10
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 04 2010,10:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(jimhanson @ Sep. 03 2010,10:19 am)
Not to mention AlBore's jets and Obummer burning 6000 gallons of jet fuel to plant one tree in Colorado.

If they REALLY believed in global warming "climate change"--they wouldn't engage in such behavior.

I know, I know--"They're doing it for our own good." :rofl:

I will agree with you Hypoxia, carbon dioxide emissions from aviation is a major problem, jet engines are massive fuel consumers exhausting directly to the upper atmosphere, they benefit a handleful of passengers compared to rail or bus..even fewer when used by Government officials, whether they be Federal or State..

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
17 replies since Sep. 01 2010,8:11 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Climate Change Skeptic Changes Sides.
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon