[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Who took the kids BMX dirt racing bike?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Boomerrang Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2011,7:59 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Where's the bike? Let's find the bike so the kid can go racing again.

http://www.albertleatribune.com/2011/08/16/please-return-my-stolen-dirt-bike/

Please return my stolen dirt bike
Published 8:49am Tuesday, August 16, 2011

.Hello, my name is Culley Larson, and I am 10 years old and live in Albert Lea. This past Saturday someone stole my BMX bike out of my parents’ garage. I love this town, and I am sad that people steal other kids’ bikes. This is something I do not understand.

I am writing this letter to ask for your help. If you have kids, look to see if you have a bike at your house that does not belong to you. Parents, please ask your kids if any of their friends have a new bike lately? If you do not have kids, be on a lookout for anyone who has gotten a new bike the past couple of days. If you see the bike, call the police. If you have the bike, please bring it back.

I am willing to use some of my own money that I have saved as a reward to get my bike back. I know other kids get their bikes stolen. I have read it myself in the newspaper. I am hoping my letter will not only help me, but maybe help other kids also get their bikes back. I hope 10 other kids also get their bikes back. If they do we can have a celebration and call it “get your bike back day.” It would be the best day ever!

A kid getting their bike stolen is like a grown up getting their car stolen. My bike is a Haro Pro Race bike with a black frame and white seat and white handle bars. My parents take me to Mankato every Wednesday to race on a dirt trail. This bike is very specific to the sport and has special tires. This is my summer sport, and I cannot race the track on my legs. I need my bike.

I have said a little prayer for my bike. I hope God is listening. I also asked God to help someone to make the right decision. I love my God, I love my family, I love my bike.

Culley Larson

Albert Lea
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2011,9:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe it's at The Alamo, in the basement.  :D

All kidding aside, I do hope this story ends like the movie I just referenced - with this kid getting his bike back (except, hopefully, without having to have a "big adventure").

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2011,9:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Make sure to lock the garage doors next time. I did read an article in the local paper that stated the Dad of this kid said he noticed the garage light on when they returned home. The kid did his part by making sure his bike was in the garage when the family left for the day. Sound like the parents didn't do there part by locking the doors!!!!

Albert Lea Tribune.

Albert Lea Police Department officer Darren Grangruth arrived around 2:40 p.m. at 204 N. Shore Ave. He met with Culley’s father, Mike, who told the officer the family was away from home between 6 and 11 p.m. the night before.

“When they returned home, he noticed that the lights were on inside the garage, and he just reached in and shut them off, not checking anything at that time,” the officer wrote in his report.

Mike mentioned that a friend of his son had stopped by at about 7:30 p.m. to pick up a bike and the lights weren’t on at that time. Ultimately, the family determined someone came to the unlocked garage between 7:30 and 10 the night before, opened the garage door,

turned on the garage lights, took the Haro and shut and door, leaving the lights on. Nothing else was missing from the garage.
 Post Number: 4
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2011,11:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

WHATS THE BIG DEAL WITH THIS KIDS BIKE HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAD HIS BIKE STOLEN  MAYBE ITS BECAUSE HIS DAD IS A BIG SHOT IN SOME COMPANY
 Post Number: 5
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2011,12:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(twingroves @ Aug. 23 2011,11:43 am)
WHATS THE BIG DEAL WITH THIS KIDS BIKE HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAD HIS BIKE STOLEN  MAYBE ITS BECAUSE HIS DAD IS A BIG SHOT IN SOME COMPANY

I think the big deal was not so much the stolen bike, but the well-written letter to the editor from someone so young. Why it caught NATIONAL attention, I don't know.

I doubt it has anything to do with his parents. You sound bitter. Do you suffer from class envy?  ???

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 6
White Pride Search for posts by this member.
weißer Stolz

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2011,7:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Boomerrang @ Aug. 23 2011,9:22 am)
The kid did his part by making sure his bike was in the garage when the family left for the day. Sound like the parents didn't do there part by locking the doors!!!!

Kids now days understand full-well how a lock works, and are perfectly capable of locking the door as well.  Just sayin'

--------------
Dr. Pride here

I'm an ENGLISH speaking white GERMAN-AMERICAN, and DAMN PROUD OF IT!

What bothers people more... the fact others disagree w/them, or that the others just might be right after all?

If you're being stupid, acting stupid, or just plain stupid, I will not hesitate to let u know!
 Post Number: 7
Wolfie Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2011,8:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

His mother helped him write the letter.  Probably the same way most parents "help" with other projects, by doing and then asking if what they did was good enough.  That being said, there was a letter to the editor by someone that owns a bike company, not sure which one, but they offered him a new bike, pick of the litter you might say. http://www.albertleatribune.com/2011...s-tough .  Personally I think this has been blown WAY out of proportion.  I know, I know leaving the garage unlocked doesn't give anyone the right to enter and take things.  I personally have had things stolen three times, all three times, the offender broke in and took what they wanted.  It will probably be discovered that the person that stole the bike is known to the family.  Life is full of disappointment, the sooner his family teaches him that the better off he will be.  Another tough lesson to learn is about trust, the only person you can truly trust 100% is yourself.

--------------
Many good men have died to guarantee your freedoms, live your life like it was worth dying for.

I have the ability to make the 1200 meter shot, but some targets deserve the up close kill, where you can watch the life leave the eyes while the blood ebbs from the body.
 Post Number: 8
White Pride Search for posts by this member.
weißer Stolz

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,1:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

LOL I was just looking for the "like" button...

--------------
Dr. Pride here

I'm an ENGLISH speaking white GERMAN-AMERICAN, and DAMN PROUD OF IT!

What bothers people more... the fact others disagree w/them, or that the others just might be right after all?

If you're being stupid, acting stupid, or just plain stupid, I will not hesitate to let u know!
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 26 2011,7:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Time to meet Donald Trump. The kid should ask for a pure golden bike from the high roller. Note to parents; I hope you locked the Garage and House when you left town this time. Because there will be more than just a bike missing.

Culley Larson to be on ‘Fox & Friends’
Published 5:10pm Friday, August 26, 2011 Albert Lea Tribune.

The 10-year-old Albert Lea boy who wrote a letter to the editor with the help of his mother about his bike being stolen is going to be on “Fox & Friends” Monday morning with Donald Trump.

The show flew Culley Larson and his parents and sister to New York on Friday, just in time to experience the approach of Hurricane Irene. The Tribune reached the family on Friday about an hour after their airplane landed. Mike, Vicki, Culley and 13-year-old daughter Haley were in a black service car hired by the show to shuttle them to the Warwick Hotel in Manhattan, across from the Museum of Modern Art and five blocks from Central Park.

Trump is a New York real estate tycoon who has made his way into show business and is on the NBC show “The Apprentice.” However, he often visits “Fox & Friends” on Mondays. The show airs on the Fox News cable channel 7 to 10 a.m. Central time, 6 to 9 a.m. Eastern.

Trump saw a segment Fox News aired about the letter and contacted the Larsons last week about giving Culley a bike on the air. While the family declined a bike, they said they would accept one for their local effort called 10 Bikes for 10 Kids, which aims to replace kids’ bikes that have been stolen.

Culley didn’t quite know who Trump was. His mother said he explained to a friend he was going to New York to meet a famous singer named “Donald Trumpet.”

On the drive, the service car driver pointed out one of Trump’s buildings and Culley began to get an idea of who he is. The family doesn’t watch much grown-up TV.

“In my house, if it’s not SpongeBob, it’s not on,” Vicki said.

Culley said the coolest thing about New York in the first hour was a homeless man who tapped on the glass of the car and the driver gave him some change. Well, that and the tall buildings.

“It’s really cool, and it is not like Albert Lea,” he said. “Lots of people honk their horns.”

He said he wants to ride in a yellow Checker cab with glass between the driver and the passenger.

The boy said he wasn’t really sure yet what he was going to say to the national TV audience but probably something along the lines of what was said in the letter.

The letter, which first appeared in the Albert Lea Tribune on Aug. 16, struck a chord with many people who had their bike stolen as a child or parents with a kid whose bike had been stolen. Culley garnered regional and national media attention last week that culminated with an appearance Aug. 19 on “Good Morning America” of him reading his letter to the editor. Many people from across the country offered to replace the bike that had been stolen from him on the night of Aug. 12.

Vicki said she is worried about Hurricane Irene. New York was slated to start evacuations Saturday with public transportation shutting down the same day.

“We come to New York for the first time, and of all things we get to experience a hurricane,” she said.

The Larsons are scheduled to fly back to Minnesota on Monday following the taping. That is, if flights aren’t delayed.

A letter from a producer of “Fox & Friends” to Vicki said the show is the highest rated morning cable newscast, with roughly 2 million viewers.

“We would certainly give Culley the opportunity to discuss his goal of getting bikes donated,” the producer wrote.
 Post Number: 10
HiggsBoson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2011,10:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Wolfie @ Aug. 23 2011,8:02 pm)
 ...Personally I think this has been blown WAY out of proportion... Life is full of disappointment, the sooner his family teaches him that the better off he will be...

Wolfie hits it pretty much on the head.  Face it, this kid won't lack for much of anything.  Yet, there are kids in this very town who don't know where their next meal is.  And who gets the attention?  This bike evidently wasn't some Wal-Mart special.  For that reason, Twin Groves also makes a good point.

Kid, your bike is probably lying on the bottom of Fountain Lake at the end of your dock or another one after whoever took it had a blast riding it into the lake a few times.

Instead of trying to get your bike back, why not expend this media frenzy on helping less fortunate kids get what they really need.
38 replies since Aug. 18 2011,7:59 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Who took the kids BMX dirt racing bike?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon