» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Police Lieutenants Wife an Alleged Thief!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
gijoeman Search for posts by this member.
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2010,8:42 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The wife of an Austin police lieutenant is being accused of embezzling funds while working as the clerk-treasurer for the city of Mapleview.

Dawn Marie Mueller, 46, a current part-time employee with the Mower County auditor’s office and wife of lieutenant John Mueller, was accused Wednesday in Mower County court of one count of embezzlement of public funds, one court of theft by check, two counts of theft and two counts of misconduct by a public employee.

The accusations come on the heels of an audit completed by the Office of the State Auditor (OSA) on the city of Mapleview. The audit revealed a number of holes in the city of Mapleview finances between 2000 and 2008, including bank overdrafts totaling $6,186 and missing funds that were supposed to be transferred from the city to fire relief assistance. The audit also uncovered private use of funds between 2001-08.

In a taped July 6, 2010 interview with investigators, Mueller said she had used city funds for personal purchases, but that others, including a former city council member and a clerk-treasurer, had also made similar purchases.

Mueller also said she issued a payroll check two days in a row — on July 1 and July 2, 2007 — one valued at $525 and the other at $507. Both checks were cashed. According to the complaint, Mueller could not explain why. A similar incident occurred again on June 1 and June 5, 2008, with checks valued at $421 and $295.

According to the complaint, the OSA found no transfers of funds made from the city of Mapleview to the fire relief assistance from 2005-07.

When asked about the transfer of funds from the city to fire relief assistance, Mueller said in the taped interview that the Minnesota Department of Revenue would deposit funds in the city checking account. The city would then write a check to relief assistance and relief assistance would put it into their account. According to the complaint, the account was short $26,801.

Mueller was also accused of spending $41 at a Staples store for the purchase of school supplies. While Mueller said she does have a school-aged child, she said the supplies were for the county.

Neither John nor Dawn Mueller could be reached by phone Thursday.

The OSA also revealed bank overdrafts between 2002-08 totaling $6,186, according to the complaint.

Mueller will appear in court on Sept. 23.

Oh wonderful. I've got the husband following me around without probable cause...harassing me over alleged marijuana, all the while his wife is stealing 10's of thousands for their own use.  $26,000 missing...just from the...oh really?  Clean your own house before you attempt to clean mine you filthy pigs. Chief quits over affairs. 2nd in command is a liar and drug possesor and now this. Who are really the true criminals here? It sure as hell isn't me. Let's see, you're the liars and thieves but I'm the bad guy. I'm the criminal John?

What is it that makes you so good and me so bad John Mueller?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 31 2010,10:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What is it that makes you so good and me so bad John Mueller?

The thug with the badge always wins.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
pantalonesverdes Search for posts by this member.
Rob ('n hood)

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2010,12:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I seen nothing in the article that would suggest that the husband is in any way part of or had knowledge of the wife's alleged crime.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
2 replies since Aug. 31 2010,8:42 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Police Lieutenants Wife an Alleged Thief!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon