Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 2312345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Albert Lea Tribune Requires Name-Phone to Comment, Busy Days Ahead for the Discussion Forum< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,2:13 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One of the biggest changes will be to require verifiable full names for users who wish to comment on stories. Customers wishing to register will find a link at the top left of the Tribune website. The link will lead them to make a username, submit their first and last name, as well as a phone number and e-mail. They will then be contacted by a Tribune staff member and given approval for commenting.
http://www.albertleatribune.com/news...tonight

Their new requirements will likely eliminate any real meaningful dialogue. Boring! ???  
I sense a membership explosion at the Albert Lea Discussion Forum starting at around 5:00PM Today..
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ControlledHyperness Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,3:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know, right?!?!

I have been thinking about whether or not I will be re-signing up. According to the article, you can still remain somewhat anonymous to others with a handle, but the paper has to know who is  who with the handle. I am just wondering how many people will be eagerly awaiting the phone call letting them know they can post on the Trib's site :rofl:  :rofl:

--------------
I once had a thought...then it ran off before I could remember what it was...
 Post Number: 3
GEOKARJO Search for posts by this member.
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,3:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well so much for freedoms and the rights of the people. It is ok to say it only if we approve your right to say it.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
Bluehosta Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,4:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think if I signed up I would get the name of who I talked to, their position, and then record them telling me that my true idenity will be kept secret.  That is a contract, and you can sue them from breaking it.
 Post Number: 5
Kid Rock Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,5:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Tribune is really pulling a fast one.  EH.  OK , I'll play by the rules and if they want real names instead of screen names so be it. It will not keep me from speaking my  " MIND. "   :rofl:

Any forum that gives a person the choice to be real or hide is up to the forum owner.     :thumbsup:   Let's play by the rules and let the games begin.    :cheer:
 Post Number: 6
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,7:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh for GODs sake, make up a phony name and a phony phone number.  It is ok, really its ok to do.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
 Post Number: 7
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,7:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They will then be contacted by a Tribune staff member and given approval for commenting.

Kind of tough to use a phony phone number, don't ya think? :brick:
 Post Number: 8
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,7:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I didn't read it, didn't want to either, I as sure wouldn't give out my number, so I don't care one iota.

Gets pretty bad the trib caving into a bunch of cry babies.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
 Post Number: 9
ControlledHyperness Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,8:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So  much for meeting the 5pm deadline...site is still up and working as normal..including accepting my handle and keeping me anonymous. Gotta love politics.

--------------
I once had a thought...then it ran off before I could remember what it was...
 Post Number: 10
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 27 2010,8:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Mankato Free Press (equally as worthless as a newspaper) and their forums went to hell.  They have like 4 people that post.  Worse than a ghost town in there.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
221 replies since Jul. 27 2010,2:13 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 2312345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Albert Lea Tribune Requires Name-Phone to Comment
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon