[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Flew a Plane Today< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
gijoeman Search for posts by this member.
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 10 2010,7:22 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

To the Mississippi and back. Flyboy Ernie Gann would be proud of me. Plane even had ashtrays.

I was thinking of Ernie when I was up there both feet on the peddles. I was thinking about how much concentration it takes and about how the wind can toss you about and the updrafts and I was scared but I was in control and I wondered why Ernie never talks about this or any of his adventures.
You know, it's funny, I've seen this guy post for years and all he seems to ever want to talk about is Rush reruns. I can't believe it. I make one trip and I could comment all day about it. Enies goes around the world and then talks about what Rush said while he was gone!  :laugh:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 10 2010,7:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

cool

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 3
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 10 2010,7:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My dad offered to buy me a plane at 18 if I learned how and flew him around. I didn't at the time because of Buddy Holly's crash and my best friends dad went down learning how to fly and it seemed dangerous at the time. I think it can still be dangerous but my life is a good part over so perhaps it's a reasonable risk to except now.  And, the planes are made better as well I suspect.  I wonder if my dads offer stills stands. I doubt it.  :blush:  Hell I'm pretty much written out of the will at this point.   :dunce:

What do you think I should do? Hit my dad up for a new plane and tell him to leave me out of the will completely. :D   I need to get all I can out the old man the cheap bastard.  :laugh:
 Post Number: 4
nphilbro Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 10 2010,11:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Your dad should have a yard sale. He has at least one tool too many.

--------------
Merely to try is to prepare for failure.
 Post Number: 5
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 11 2010,12:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great, now I got the ministers kid calling me names. What's next, some retard comes up and pulls my shorts down?  :blush:
 Post Number: 6
scary Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 11 2010,1:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

no we don't want to see your butt :rockon:  :rofl:  :rofl:

--------------
My avatar is proof that I give a crap  :sarcasm:
 Post Number: 7
nphilbro Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 11 2010,1:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You have a problem with Downs Syndrome too ? That has never been a lifestyle choice as far as I'm aware.

You can change your name as frequenty as you like, but like evey handsome turd, you'll be flushed out.

Now...let's hurry up and make this thread about pot.

--------------
Merely to try is to prepare for failure.
 Post Number: 8
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 11 2010,2:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I remember when I was 15, my uncle from Missouri had an airplane. He lived in Elden  which is right close to the OSARKS.
my DAD and I went down to visit for a week. We went up in his plane around sunset. We went over the mountains and the water, what a sight. He then asked me if I wanted to fly. WOW! I do not know what the plane was, but it was like ,real cool. In my memory  forever.

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 9
Mamma Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 12 2010,6:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Get the old man to make you Power of Attorney and then you can steal from him legally. You have to take him for all he's worth now before he can spend his money on himself. It's not like  you have not been there for him. By God! that old man owes you!!

--------------
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.
 Post Number: 10
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 12 2010,9:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I got to fly my friend's Cessna 150 once. It was a thrill I'll never forget.

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
19 replies since Jul. 10 2010,7:22 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Flew a Plane Today
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon