Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 1212345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hard to Believe Two People, could raise such havoc.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
TameThaTane Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2006,5:51 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Two arrested in county burglaries
By Joseph Marks, Tribune staff writer

Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:29 PM CST

Alex Scott, 25, of Albert Lea and Malena Maria Barrientos, 29, of Albert Lea, were arrested Thursday for a string of house burglaries and car thefts across Freeborn County, lasting several nights.

As of Friday evening, deputies were still searching for Thomas Vaale, a third suspect in the burglaries and thefts.

The Freeborn County Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant at a residence where the three suspects were staying, Thursday evening, according to a complaint issued Friday by the Freeborn County Attorney's Office. Police executed the warrant after receiving information from a “confidential, reliable informant” that Barrientos had been showing off necklaces, allegedly given to her by Scott.

Barrientos was previously pulled over by a Minnesota State Trooper in the area of Hollandale and Maple Island, Feb. 3 at approximately 2:30 a.m., around the same time a string of thefts from cars occurred in the area.

Thomas Vaale was pulled over by Albert Lea police Jan. 30 in a vehicle later connected by license number to suspicious activity at a rural residence.

When a search warrant was executed on the home of Scott, Barrientos and Vaale, deputies found a Glock pistol in a silver case, reported stolen Jan. 26 and a safe containing savings bonds reported stolen Jan. 27, according to the complaint.

Barrientos and Scott, who were present when the search warrant was executed, were placed under arrest and taken to the Freeborn County Adult Detention Center.

When interviewed by deputies, Scott reportedly admitted Barrientos had driven Vaale and him to the residence containing the Glock pistol. He said Barrientos stayed in the car while he stole the pistol and Vaale stole jewelry.

He also admitted to participating in three to four nights of “car shopping” with Vaale, saying Barrientos drove them one night. He admitted to pawning 51 stolen CDs in Austin for $1 each and pawning two rings and a necklace.

Scott said the rest of the jewelry and collectible coins reported stolen from residences were thrown out the car window on the interstate, according to the complaint.

When interviewed, Barrientos reportedly admitted to driving Scott and Vaale to the home containing the pistol, knowing they would commit a burglary. She also admitted to driving and parking along the road while the two stole items from vehicles, admitting this is what she was doing when she was pulled over by the state trooper.

Freeborn County Sheriff's Deputies put in several days of overtime during the rash of burglaries, during which Sheriff Mark Harig counted 14 thefts from cars parked in garages and yards and 15 burglaries of residences.

Scott was charged Friday Feb. 10 with burglary in the first degree, which carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $35,000 fine; burglary in the second degree which carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine and two counts of possession of stolen property which together carry a maximum penalty of 40 years in prison and a $200,000 fine.

Barrientos was charged with aiding and abetting burglary in the first degree which carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $35,000 fine and two counts of possession of stolen property which together carry a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison and a $120,000 fine.

(Contact Joseph Marks at joseph.marks@albertleatribune.com

--------------
My choice is what I choose to do,
And if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you.
Your choice is who you choose to be,
And if you're causin' no harm, then you're alright with me.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Mamma Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2006,8:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Weren't you the one telling me it was my neighbor kids......and if I was nicer to them they wouldn't have to steal? Guess you were wrong again.

--------------
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.
 Post Number: 3
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2006,9:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

go, mamma  :notworthy:

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 4
TameThaTane Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2006,10:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Next time it'll be those kids...this was a freak deal...

--------------
My choice is what I choose to do,
And if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you.
Your choice is who you choose to be,
And if you're causin' no harm, then you're alright with me.
 Post Number: 5
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2006,10:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Quote (TameThaTane @ Feb. 11 2006,10:13pm)
Next time it'll be those kids...this was a freak deal...

:rofl:

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 6
REPOMAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2006,8:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I did a little checking and my info says that Marie Barrientos was or is living at 1221 Madison Avenue in Albert Lea - maybe all 3 of them were...

can we pull together and help bring in the third guy...  :dunno:

let's help the cops out and see if we can track down Tom Vaale...

I good way to start is to make contact with people with the same last name as him - due to the rarity of the name most people you talk to with that last name will be related - and some will be interested in helping find him...

some probably aren't even aware of it yet...
 Post Number: 7
TheTruth Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2006,8:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I saw their pictures in the paper and I have to say they look like one of those pictures on a Meth poster. I bet their dealer is pissed right now, because their dealer had to of been making money of this little crime wave. I wonder how much meth 14 thefts from cars parked in garages and yards and 15 burglaries of residences can buy?

Also, someone I work with said the lady that got arrested had her children taken away by the state a while ago.
Maybe all the burglaries were because she was looking for her kids?
:sarcasm:

--------------
GOT TRUTH?
 Post Number: 8
menace616 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2006,10:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Quote (REPOMAN @ Feb. 12 2006,8:27am)
let's help the cops out and see if we can track down Tom Vaale...

Indeed, let's track this little sonofabitch down! I wonder if anyone that reads this forum could post  a photo of loser. I remember awhile ago there was a person named Vaale that was involved with some thefts from Trails Travel Center. I wonder if this is the same Vaale?
 Post Number: 9
red rocker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2006,1:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It is hard to believe that two people could do so much.  I have to believe that there was more than one other person involved.  I am sure once they are interrogated the little birdies will begin to sing.  He is another little tid bit which adds to the stupidity of the criminals.  Barrientos was reported as "showing off" her new jewelry which she received from her boyfriend.  Do ya think that her friends may have been just a little suspicious???  DA.
 Post Number: 10
allergic to bogus Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2006,4:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anyone who steals is a loser. If you can't afford it, then work harder and save, it will mean so much more to you. Guess no one ever told them that.  Sorry, about ranting, I just will never understand the mentality behind it. Someone obviously worked to obtain the possession and they think they have the right to go and take it from them. I hate that mentality and refuse to have compassion for anyone who can relate to it. There, I feel so much better for getting that off of my chest!!!:blush:

--------------
Oh come on you figure it out
112 replies since Feb. 11 2006,5:51 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 1212345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Hard to Believe Two People
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon