[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: smoking ban< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2015,7:18 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

if they ban smoking in parks what next I cant smoke in my back yard because the guy next door don't smoke  :dunno:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2015,7:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(twingroves @ Apr. 15 2015,7:18 pm)
if they ban smoking in parks what next I cant smoke in my back yard because the guy next door don't smoke  :dunno:

You may have noticed all the fossil fuel burning devices they use to maintain said parks. I'm sure you're free to inhale all the toxic crap those things produce.

In other words, outdoor smoking bans are moronic things thought up by morons, ones that think they're somehow doing something good for their moronic kids, who will grow up to be morons, too.

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 3
stardust14 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2015,11:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Soak the parks with pesticides/herbicides next to toxic lakes while munching on Doritos and waving a sign "No Smoking". AL evangelists.
 Post Number: 4
Counterfeit Fake Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2015,6:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm perfectly okay with them banning smoking in public parks.  One smokers stinks up a huge area and too many just use the world as their garbage dump and throw their cigs everywhere.  My parents smoked and I never noticed it.  Now that I haven't been around any smokers for a few years I can smell the stuff from cars that drive by and realize just how nasty it is.
Next thing I would like them to ban is dogs in the parks if people can't be responsible and pick up their dogs crap.

--------------
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

--  Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2015,7:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I knew someone would roll out the smoking litter argument, sooner or later. This is a really good time of the year to go out and look at what comprises the bulk of park litter. If that's the primary concern, you'd better add fast food, soft drinks and beer to the list.

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 6
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2015,7:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Botto 82 @ Apr. 16 2015,7:22 am)
I knew someone would roll out the smoking litter argument, sooner or later. This is a really good time of the year to go out and look at what comprises the bulk of park litter. If that's the primary concern, you'd better add fast food, soft drinks and beer to the list.

We could combat cigarette butt litter by making the butts biodegradable, yet still able to withstand the heat. I used to smoke about 15 years ago and thought this was a good idea even then.

If Minnesota put a deposit on soft drinks, you wouldn't see as many of those, either. Some people would still be pricks and toss their can or bottle, but pickers would come and get them.

I don't have a solution for fast food litter.

That said, I agree that outdoor smoking bans are ridiculous feel-good measures that give the impression someone is "doing something about it."

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 7
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2015,8:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It’s an obnoxious habit, you people stink, you should be confined to smoking rooms with no ventilation so you can enjoy your nicotine buzz to it’s max!
Go wheeze in your own little cubicals idiots!

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 8
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2015,8:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(This is my real name @ Apr. 16 2015,7:34 am)

(Botto 82 @ Apr. 16 2015,7:22 am)

We could combat cigarette butt litter by making the butts biodegradable, yet still able to withstand the heat. I used to smoke about 15 years ago and thought this was a good idea even then.

If Minnesota put a deposit on soft drinks, you wouldn't see as many of those, either. Some people would still be pricks and toss their can or bottle, but pickers would come and get them.

I don't have a solution for fast food litter.

That said, I agree that outdoor smoking bans are ridiculous feel-good measures that give the impression someone is "doing something about it."

Interesting about the deposit idea, I've always wondered how effective it was...
Then I found this..

Redemtion percentage of deposit drinks

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2015,8:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Remember when the word "disposable" was a selling point? It seemed so much better than "returnable," which implied inconvenience. Yeah. Those chickens have come home to roost.

The other day while biking, I saw two used disposable diapers laying next to the road. Who the fùck does that?

--------------

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 10
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2015,10:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think you answered your own question earlier.

In other words, outdoor smoking bans are moronic things thought up by morons, ones that think they're somehow doing something good for their moronic kids, who will grow up to be morons, too.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
37 replies since Apr. 15 2015,7:18 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply smoking ban
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon