[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Gas Tax!, You gotta be sh**ing me!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Marneman Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2014,2:35 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Heard a small news blurb the other day that ther is a bipartisan move in the house and senate to raise the federal gas tax by .12 cents!!  First off the only thing those idiots in Washington DC can agree on is to stick it to us!! Secondly it was said that the increase would go to improve roads and bridges,  isn't that what the current rate of federal gas taxes is supposed to be paying for!  On top of that I read some article from the internet where some "no-nothing" claims that we could be paying $4.25 a gallon for gas and still not feel any finacial pain!  I'd like to have some of the dope this jackass was on and then maybe I wouldn't care how much gas cost either!!
:hairpull:  :soapbox:

--------------
Rock of the Marne
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2014,7:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh sure, promises-promises, like lotto proceeds being used for wildlife/environment whatever BS. It always works till the next so-called crisis. Nobody pays attention, nobody cares once a subject gets passed the next news cycle.

We get what we deserve. :(

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 3
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2014,8:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Costs go up for road maintenance (road crews, plows, etc.) just like most other things.  The 18 wheelers will put a million miles on our roads without paying a cent more at the pump, but the geriatrics I know who hardly ever dust off their vintage car will get a surprise in the mail when it's time to renew their tabs.  Who do you think should pay more, the people who use the roads the most, or everybody else?   ???

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2014,2:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(irisheyes @ Jun. 23 2014,8:12 pm)
Costs go up for road maintenance (road crews, plows, etc.) just like most other things.  The 18 wheelers will put a million miles on our roads without paying a cent more at the pump, but the geriatrics I know who hardly ever dust off their vintage car will get a surprise in the mail when it's time to renew their tabs.  Who do you think should pay more, the people who use the roads the most, or everybody else?   ???

I think I've made it clear several times, raise taxes, raise fuel costs and products and service costs rise right along with them. Yours and Expat's whinings about 18 wheelers tearing up the roads amuses me. Taxes are nothing more than expenses that are pasted down the line.

--------------

Post Number: 5
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2014,4:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So you'd rather we subsidize the trucking industry?  Taxes are an expense, but they're an expense that needs to be paid for.  

You guys must have some type of color blindness to red ink.  I assure you, those roads cost a lot of money, kinda like the wars the Republicans keep starting, but whenever these things need to be paid for all I hear is excuses.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2014,7:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(irisheyes @ Jun. 24 2014,4:38 pm)
So you'd rather we subsidize the trucking industry?  Taxes are an expense, but they're an expense that needs to be paid for.  

You guys must have some type of color blindness to red ink.  I assure you, those roads cost a lot of money, kinda like the wars the Republicans keep starting, but whenever these things need to be paid for all I hear is excuses.

Red ink seems to be what the gov. does best. How long do you think it'll take to pay off that new "green line" between St.paul and Mpls that cost 1 billion? I assure you everyone in the state is paying for that little boondoggle.

Are you trying to be a truck driver again? :dunce: you know your not too good at it but if you want to try I'd be willing to help you :laugh:

--------------

Post Number: 7
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2014,10:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You shouldn’t knock the Metro Green Line,  when that Bot takes your truck driving job you’ll be riding the green line to your dishwashing job!

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2014,4:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Expatriate @ Jun. 24 2014,10:00 pm)
You shouldn’t knock the Metro Green Line,  when that Bot takes your truck driving job you’ll be riding the green line to your dishwashing job!

I've been thinking of that of late, you mean all I'd have to do is buy trucks? I wouldn't have to hire drivers?
:thumbsup:

--------------

Post Number: 9
Moparman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2014,8:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So without the burdensome cost of drivers will you pass along the savings down the line?  :p
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2014,2:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

^^I'd charge what the market would bear.

--------------

22 replies since Jun. 23 2014,2:35 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Gas Tax!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon