Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Owattona 58 - Albert Lea 0, Owattona 58 - Albert Lea 0< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
SlapMyMonkey Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 08 2012,11:56 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

After the 58-0 LOSS.

I wonder if the A.L. Head Coach & Game Officials had the same conversation as last week. On how close the game was and how the final score didn't reflect on how close the game really was after last weeks 42-7 LOSS.

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 11 2012,11:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I remember the four-year-plus losing streak and parents and coaches writing letters to the editor complaining that the Tribune dared to mention it in the paper, and how the Tribune was demoralizing the team.

You'd think the then-players grew up playing in "scoreless" leagues where everyone got a trophy at the end of the season. THIS is the end result of all-inclusive policies like that. We STILL can't win.

But as long as they're getting good grades in self-esteem and nobody does anything to disrupt that, let's keep the status quo.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 3
canvasback Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 11 2012,5:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(SlapMyMonkey @ Sep. 08 2012,11:56 am)
After the 58-0 LOSS.

I wonder if the A.L. Head Coach & Game Officials had the same conversation as last week. On how close the game was and how the final score didn't reflect on how close the game really was after last weeks 42-7 LOSS.

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:

Nope, they did not have that discussion. We got trampled just like everyone knew we would...including a lot of the team. But they showed up and took the field. I won't give you the soap box speech about them trying their best etc...but they did. Though the losing doesn't feel good, the kids do have fun knowing they are up against a ranked team. Go to a game...any game...and you will see the problem...numbers. Example...OW had 3 times the number of players on the sidelines. AL simply does not have, and never really has had, and kind of youth program, especially compared to other area communities.
Albert Lea High school does have some quality athletics and progams. Wrestling for example...respected and feared statewide...and a perrenial top ranked program with state appearances...unbelievable youth program. Hockey has not shared the same type of success, but still competitive, and again, starts with the youth program.
The kids that go out to play football know what they are up against, they play because they like football.
So, going to rip the band next? We used to have a large award winning marching band...now, well? Nobody wants to play trombone anymore. :soapbox:
 Post Number: 4
albertlea033 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 11 2012,6:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So, going to rip the band next? We used to have a large award winning marching band...now, well? Nobody wants to play trombone anymore

Eleven band directors in 20 years will do that to a program.
 Post Number: 5
usmcr Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 11 2012,10:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

perhaps i missed it, but was there a article in the sports page regarding the game? we were driving by hammer field awhile back & the team in full dress were jogging around the playing field & i commented to my wife there sure does not look like there are a lot of players out for the team. anyone know how many are  on the varsity team?

--------------
"Do not confuse dissent with disloyalty"  Edward R Murrow

Memento homo quia pulvis es, et in pulverem veverteris
 Post Number: 6
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 12 2012,10:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

88 guys tried out for the B squard many, many years ago in the Big 9 school I attended....we probably had twice the enrollment AL now has.

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 7
SlapMyMonkey Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 14 2012,6:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(canvasback @ Sep. 11 2012,5:51 pm)
So, going to rip the band next?

Was I ripping the football team now? LOL I'm not the one giving interviews to the paper on how well we did after losing to a team by 35 points.

You can't blame enrollment numbers with their first game. They played a smaller school and still lost badly. I'm not saying our Tigers should be a power house. But they can be competitive.
 Post Number: 8
old ball coach Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012,9:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

the enrollment argument is crap.  wrestling wins with same enrollment year after year.  swimming is winning this year too.  football teams NEED TO LIFT WEIGHTS.  our football teams do not lift weights.  Waseca is smaller than we are and who won that game?  nothing like giving the job to someone that never won as an assistant and will not win as a head coach.
 Post Number: 9
travelin' man Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012,11:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Last 7 seasons of Albert Lea Football

13 wins      50 losses
opponents scoring 27 pts per game    albert lea  14 pts per game

under Max Jeffrey

2 wins      12 losses
opponents scoring  37pts per game   albert lea  12ps per game
 Post Number: 10
ALAngst Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012,1:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(old ball coach @ Oct. 02 2012,9:47 pm)
nothing like giving the job to someone that never won as an assistant and will not win as a head coach.

"14 years" as an assistant. Never once on a winning year. Third person interviewed, out of three, offered the job right after interviewing. Talked about how he wanted the kids to have fun. Well, who doesn't?

Ma Jeffrey is, and always was, a joke. Austin lost every game for the past two years. They fired their coach. Then they went out on a search to find a coach who had had success. When they hired him, he said he was going to teach them the fundamentals, how to tackle, how to block, how to move quicker. You watch where the Austin coach takes an arguable worst program over the next couple of years, compared to Jeffrey.
17 replies since Sep. 08 2012,11:56 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Owattona 58 - Albert Lea 0
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon