Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Jane Fonda Claims QVC Cancelled, Appearance Because of Her Politics< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 18 2011,4:58 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In a blog post that appeared this weekend on her personal website, actress and activist Jane Fonda claimed that home shopping channel QVC cancelled her scheduled appearance on the network due to her political views.

Fonda, 73, was set to discuss her recently-published book “Prime Time” on QVC this Saturday, but she says that the network uninvited her after customers called to complain.

QVC reportedly said in a statement that it had canceled Fonda’s appearance but did not say why. QVC did not return requests for comment.

“The network said they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear,” Fonda wrote in her blog post. “I am, to say the least, deeply disappointed that QVC caved to this kind of insane pressure by some well funded and organized political extremist groups.”

Fonda, who has made a career in feature films and exercise videos, famously traveled to North Vietnam in 1972, where a photo was taken of her standing on an anti-air craft gun. She has indicated in more recent comments and in her 2005 autobiography “My Life So Far” that she was manipulated into sitting on the gun in Hanoi.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, you fracking Anti-American Commie POS, you are getting your just deserves on this one,  this is what happens when you are such a low life POS, that no one cares about you.  And manipulated myass, you biatch, you knew exactly what you were doing.

She deserves nothing from any American, she should have been hung by the neck until dead for being a traitor.  

Fracking Caeta.   :finger:

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 19 2011,11:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not sure what killed Fonda's career in the seventies her appearance with North Vietnamese anti-aircraft battery or her role in Barberella..
We all make mistakes, Fonda made a mistake going to Vietnam, We as a country made a mistake getting involved in Vietnam...

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 19 2011,6:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She's still a POS.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 4
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 19 2011,8:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Expatriate @ Jul. 19 2011,11:40 am)
I'm not sure what killed Fonda's career in the seventies her appearance with North Vietnamese anti-aircraft battery or her role in Barberella..
We all make mistakes, Fonda made a mistake going to Vietnam, We as a country made a mistake getting involved in Vietnam...

And that mistake is one she will never be forgiven, EVER.
She deserves NO forgiveness, nor should she be acknowledged, she should be tossed aside like yesterdays garbage.  Shes is waste of sperm and egg, and a drain on O2 levels.  :finger: her and I hope she suffers for all eternity.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2011,9:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

GIL:
She's still a POS.
Well I agree, she's a fem-lib Bit-ch without a clue. a rich kid with no idea about real life..
I appreciate your position on the fence, but the war was f**ked, simply a waste of life to
support the military complex...
Dragon:
And that mistake is one she will never be forgiven, EVER.
I'd hoped that mistake would never be forgotten but apparently I was wrong, Afghanistan is Vietnam all-over..
Not to discredit you dragon I'll turn 62 this year, I lived what you perceive as history as a draftee...

--------------

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 6
OEF_Soldier Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2011,10:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

“I am, to say the least, deeply disappointed that QVC caved to this kind of insane pressure by some well funded and organized political extremist groups.”

Yet I bet she has no problem when others cave to political pressure whether it's from the left side or right side of the political aisle.

--------------
I've upped my standards so....UP YOURS !!!

My deepest feeling about politicians is that they are dangerous lunatics to be avoided when possible and carefully humored; people, above all, to whom one must never tell the truth. (W. H. Auden)
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 20 2011,10:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

OEF I respect you and enjoy your comments, but...
Get off the short bus and look around OEF, we could have accomished the goal of taking out OBL without the price and sacrifice of life we paid !! Someday you'll  REALIZE you're a sacrificial Wall Street mercenary it has nothing to do with National Defense...

--------------

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 8
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2011,1:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Grinning_Dragon @ Jul. 18 2011,4:58 pm)
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, you fracking Anti-American Commie POS, you are getting your just deserves on this one,  this is what happens when you are such a low life POS, that no one cares about you.  And manipulated myass, you biatch, you knew exactly what you were doing.

She deserves nothing from any American, she should have been hung by the neck until dead for being a traitor.  

Fracking Caeta.   :finger:

It's not healthy to have that much anger.  You could use a hug, or at least consider getting a kitten.   :sarcasm:

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 9
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2011,7:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hanoi Jane should have been prosecuted as a traitor, imho.

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 10
Wolfie Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2011,12:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.1stcavmedic.com/jane_fonda.htm

As far as I can tell she just isn't standing near an AA gun as mentioned earlier, but sitting in one and getting chummy with its crew.  She gave aid and comfort to the enemy in the form of propaganda.   That is a traitorous act, and is punishable by death.  Though that was a few years ago, I find it funny that she thinks that all should be forgiven.  She has more money than she knows what to do with, so this "slap in the face" is not going to affect her checkbook in the slightest way, and we should feel sorry for her.  Not likely.

--------------
Many good men have died to guarantee your freedoms, live your life like it was worth dying for.

I have the ability to make the 1200 meter shot, but some targets deserve the up close kill, where you can watch the life leave the eyes while the blood ebbs from the body.
19 replies since Jul. 18 2011,4:58 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Jane Fonda Claims QVC Cancelled
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon