Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Breaking News. ( Mason city ,Iowa. ), Is this Female cop for real or fake?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Boomerrang Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2011,5:48 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does this former Female cop have info or is she just pissed that she got fired? This will be a wild one to follow.

http://globegazette.com/news/local/former-mcpd-officer-says-police-may-have-taken-huisentruit/article_f6d423e0-d4c4-11e0-bcb2-001cc4c002e0.html

Former MCPD officer says police may have taken Huisentruit
Story
Image (5)

By JOHN SKIPPER john.skipper@globegazette.com | Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 1:00 pm
Font Size: Default font size Larger font size

msc
Mason City Police Officer, Maria Ohl (Globe Gazette File Photo)

(1) More Photos

Related Stories
Discrimination hearing will be set for former Mason City police officer

MASON CITY — A former Mason City police officer said Thursday two Mason City police officers and a retired DCI agent may have been involved in the abduction and possible murder of Jodi Huisentruit.

Further, she alleges police officials may be covering up what really happened by their failure to follow up on leads she has provided.

Maria Ohl, who was terminated from the police department last month, made the accusations while speaking to the media after aCivil Service Commission meeting at City Hall Thursday.

The commission set 9 a.m. Sept. 13 as a date for a hearing she requested concerning her termination.

Huisentruit, a KIMT morning anchor, disappeared in June 1995.

Ohl said she received credible information from an informant implicating Lt. Frank Stearns, Lt. Ron Vande Weerd and Bill Basler of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, who is now retired.

Ohl said she first received information in 2007 that police officers might have been involved in some way in the abduction. In 2009, she received further information.

To her knowledge, nothing has been done with the information she supplied.

She was put on paid administrative leave from the department last year and was terminated Aug. 4. Ohl said the reason given for her termination was her handling of the Huisentruit information.

“All I want is for the truth to come out. I’m trying to get it out in the open so it won’t be a secret any more,” she said.

“Never in a million years would I believe people would commit crimes they prosecute others on.

“It’s horrifically disturbing. They’re still working on the taxpayers’ dollar — the whistleblower was put on administrative leave and terminated.”

Police Chief Mike Lashbrook said, “With the pending civil service hearing and pending litigation, there a lot of things at play here that prohibit me from commenting at this time.”

City Administrator Brent Trout said, “The civil service hearing is public and will give both sides an opportunity to tell their sides.

“There will be a time when we may be able to discuss in detail the procedures the city took but there’s a process in place and it’s best now to allow it to play itself out before we comment.”

Stearns declined to comment, saying Lashbrook should be the Police Department’s spokesman.

Neither Vande Weerd nor Basler could be reached for comment.

Ohl, 36, grew up in Coulter. She joined the Police Department in 2001.

Last year, she filed claims of sex discrimination, religion discrimination and retaliation against the department with the Mason City Human Rights Commission and filed a lawsuit in federal district court.

In a deposition filed with the court, Ohl claims she was subject to ongoing harassment and discriminatory treatment because of her sex and denied  training and promotion opportunities.

She said she has repeatedly been subjected to inappropriate behavior, including a male officer pointing an unloaded gun at her head and pulling the trigger; and several instances of lewd language and gestures.

Ohl said Thursday the officer who pointed the gun at her was Sgt. Steve Klemas. She said the harassment began long before the Huisentruit case and has continued since then without any appropriate response to her complaints.

Regarding the religion discrimination, Ohl said in her deposition her church affiliation may have played a part in her being denied promotional opportunities. She said Thursday it also may have been a factor in the harassment she allegedly received.

Ohl is a member of Christian Fellowship Church which earlier this year was awarded nearly $85,000 in a settlement of a suit against the city, Lashbrook and Lt. Logan Wernet. It was filed by The Rev. Shane Philpott, church pastor.

The suit claimed both Lashbrook and Wernet made damaging remarks about the church.

The comments allegedly led to an Internal Revenue Service investigation of the church’s financial records. The IRS cleared Philpott and the church of any wrongdoing.

Copyright 2011 North Iowa Media Group. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Posted in Local on Thursday, September 1, 2011 1:00 pm Updated: 5:34 pm. | Tags: Jodi Huisentruit, Police Officer, Maria Ohl, Civil Service Commission,

Read more: http://globegazette.com/news...kAjYnHh
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2011,7:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This woman is a nut if she's accusing Ron Vandeweerd of having anything to do with her disapearrance. I've been best friends with Ron since the 3rd grade, he was the best man in my wedding, and he wouldn't be capable of doing something like that.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2011,8:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sure your buddy is a good guy and I hope it's not true about Ron. People change for the better and the worse in this world. Time will tell if your still right about your buddy Ron.
If this story is true he might of got sucked into something he never planned on.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2011,8:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You don't change. You're a moron, you've always been a moron, and you'll always be a moron.

I don't know if you knew Ron when we were younger, but ask anyone else from the neighborhood that knew Ron and they will all tell you that Ron wouldn't be capable of something like that.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2011,1:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Sep. 01 2011,8:25 pm)
You don't change. You're a moron, you've always been a moron, and you'll always be a moron.

I don't know if you knew Ron when we were younger, but ask anyone else from the neighborhood that knew Ron and they will all tell you that Ron wouldn't be capable of something like that.

I just knew Dodd and his older brother Chad. But we nicknamed Chad  " MORON. "    :rofl:

Yes, I knew Ron and I feel sorry for him that his name is tied in with this story if it's not true. This wouldn't be the first time that a person like him got in a situation like this.
I think your in SHOCK by reading his name in print. I just hope you don't have to eat your words.  GOOD DAY.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2011,1:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We? You didn't have any friends when you were a kid. Just like today you were a fat slob that people thought was mentally retarded, or mentally ill. That was the only thing that kept you from getting beat up on a daily basis as a kid. That and you were such a coward that you'd run to your grandma's house across from the park for protection.

You're still such a coward that you drive by my house and throw a sign on the boulevard about a Slinky and democrats. Not only are you a coward but you're a complete moron. I had a family gathering that afternoon and I took the sign with so we could all laugh about the moron that couldn't spell Slinky or Democrat (or even boomerang, for that matter).

Seriously, in all the years that I have lived in this town I've never heard a person say a good thing about you, and the fact that you aren't welcome at the YMCA, or on this forum says a lot about what kind of person you are.

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2011,1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

was there anything about this on the news down in AL?  Nothing on in Mankato.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 8
the breeze Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2011,2:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Sep. 01 2011,8:25 pm)

What you dislike in another take care to correct in yourself.
Thomas Sprat

--------------
JESUS DID THE ORGANIZING for His church and whenever men go beyond that pattern (found only in the New Testament of Jesus Christ) they do so at their own peril. One needs to only read the New Testament to see the problem that has been created over the last two centuries within the churches.
 Post Number: 9
pantalonesverdes Search for posts by this member.
Rob ('n hood)

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2011,3:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here's a video interview of Ohl:
http://www.northiowatoday.com/video.php?id=231
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2011,3:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Sep. 02 2011,1:22 pm)
We? You didn't have any friends when you were a kid. Just like today you were a fat slob that people thought was mentally retarded, or mentally ill. That was the only thing that kept you from getting beat up on a daily basis as a kid. That and you were such a coward that you'd run to your grandma's house across from the park for protection.

You're still such a coward that you drive by my house and throw a sign on the boulevard about a Slinky and democrats. Not only are you a coward but you're a complete moron. I had a family gathering that afternoon and I took the sign with so we could all laugh about the moron that couldn't spell Slinky or Democrat (or even boomerang, for that matter).

Seriously, in all the years that I have lived in this town I've never heard a person say a good thing about you, and the fact that you aren't welcome at the YMCA, or on this forum says a lot about what kind of person you are.

Your to easy Moron.   :rofl:  I think you have been seeing things and talking to the wrong people in this town.

The guy that got booted from the Y he can't post on here anymore according to you.   :lalala:
37 replies since Sep. 01 2011,5:48 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Breaking News. ( Mason city ,Iowa. )
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon