Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: careful when you move, move where the city will not anex. ya in< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
mncowgirl Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,8:37 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

just a warning if anyone moves, and if there is a glimmer of a chance the city will anex. you into the city limits here are the app. charges. this is what I am being charged at least.
1. $17,000 for anexation
2. $4,000 water and sewer pipes to house
3. $1,800 to the city just because they need more money
4. $700 for plumbing in house
5. $200 water meter
6. $?????? else you need to spend to fix your yard after its
all tore up. grass, cement, gravel etc.

but wait, the city is soooooooooo nice they will put it all on your taxes that you can afford to pay for in the first place! and they will charge you 5% interest for 15 yrs, so the cost goes up even more, just to get something that you already had in the first place. (water and sewer) so be warned if you buy a acreage, move wayyyyyyyyyy out of town.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Two Bears Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,10:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Same thing happened to a friend of mine, his hit harder that that as he just put in a new mound septic system and now he is charged the amounts that you have listed.
Needless to say they are very upset at the costs that they are forced to pay.

--------------
VOTE  - ADAM AND EVE   NOT    ADAM AND STEVE

HAVING A LIBERAL ALONG IS LIKE LOSING TWO GOOD MEN
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,11:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

yea I feel sorry for your friend to! its a lot of money to have to pay, I had some money that was sposto go towards paying for some of the costs but I was one that Mrs Tuttle stole from so now I have to pay interest for 15 yrs on the $13,000 she took from me. so the costs keep adding up!
 Post Number: 4
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,11:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wasn't Tuttle bonded and insured against these types of losses? Maybe you can file a claim with her insurance company.. :dunno:
 Post Number: 5
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,12:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I drive by all the houses getting annexed in out on 45 each day. My stomach turns for each owner having to hook up to city water and sewer.

I see zero reason that area needs to be annexed. I see no reason that well water and a septic system in that area would not be sufficient.

It is rather disturbing how "quick" that project went through the council.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
McGeek Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,12:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I quote Councilman  Randy Erdman "It is time to square off the city." The annexation you speak of took place long before you bought your acerage.

--------------
Clinton will be recorded in history as the only President to do Hanky Panky between the Bushes
 Post Number: 7
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

how about those people out by  loves on the east side  of 775 ave each  getting  taxed 80000  for that new road going  where
 Post Number: 8
bulldog Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,2:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess we are just living in a big govt. era and they can do whatever they wnat and just pass the money buck on to whoom ever they want to get things paid for

--------------
none
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,4:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mrs Tuttle was not insured for (her) taking the money, just if a employee did, and she WAS NOT BONDED!!!!!!!!!! thats what is making it hard for me, and others she hurt to get our money back! and the anexation was NOT final  when I bought my acreage, it was to be voted on, and after I signed the papers to my house it passed a few months later. just to clear that up! yea guess it does not matter where ya move, the city is going to get ya one way or another and make it even harder to make your house payments and taxes! OMG mine might be over 3 thousand because of this anexation, and I cant even imagine what everyone is going to have to pay! file bankrupt. go on welfare like everyone else is doing now days I guess
 Post Number: 10
Montyman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2010,6:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mncowgirl @ Aug. 30 2010,8:37 am)
just a warning if anyone moves, and if there is a glimmer of a chance the city will anex. you into the city limits here are the app. charges. this is what I am being charged at least.
1. $17,000 for anexation
2. $4,000 water and sewer pipes to house
3. $1,800 to the city just because they need more money
4. $700 for plumbing in house
5. $200 water meter
6. $?????? else you need to spend to fix your yard after its
all tore up. grass, cement, gravel etc.

but wait, the city is soooooooooo nice they will put it all on your taxes that you can afford to pay for in the first place! and they will charge you 5% interest for 15 yrs, so the cost goes up even more, just to get something that you already had in the first place. (water and sewer) so be warned if you buy a acreage, move wayyyyyyyyyy out of town.

OK, so let me get this straight.  You paid $24K and change for sewer AND water.  No moving parts, right?
Just pipes and valves, operating by gravity.

How was the condition of your well?  Septic system?
Is the well a deep well?

A new well and mound system would probably cost more than the $24K you are spending with the city.  You would also need to maintain both.  And a mound system has a useful life of less than 20 years, so they say.  The city's services should last 50 or more.

Just asking,
M

--------------
Ignorant men raise questions that wise men answered a thousand years ago. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
14 replies since Aug. 30 2010,8:37 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply careful when you move
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon