Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Wall Street Reform to Become Law, Thanks to Three Republicans< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 15 2010,2:13 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's Done! Obama To Sign Wall Street Reform  :woohoo:  :clap:  
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010...orm.php

This is the actual Bill :thumbsup:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/R?r111:FLD001:H54978
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
bianca Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2010,1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:clap: ....and none too soon for that. :cheer:

--------------
I believe in the patriotism and energy and initiative of the average man. Woodrow Wilson

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. — Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
 Post Number: 3
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2010,1:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd say that's 2 major pieces of legislation for the Democrats, and 2 big losses for the Party of "No".

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2010,11:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Who's a bigger nut, Michelle Bachman, or Glennifer Beck.

BECK: How much of a stretch is it to think that a company that could be a threat to the economy -- because that's how really too deem to fail is kind of secondarily expressed in this bill -- a threat to the economy would be News Corp. I mean, why couldn't the president just go in and say, "You know what? What you guys are doing, what you guys are saying is hurting the economy; it is bringing things down. You're being, you know, too negative." Well, you could make a million excuses and go in and take over Fox. Couldn't you?

BACHMANN: Well, under this law, that would be possible now.

That stooge is a lawyer. :rofl:

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2010,8:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Who's a bigger nut, Michelle Bachman, or Glennifer Beck?

They both take turns at first place, sometimes they share that spot together.. Boehner continues to try to steal that spot. I could go on and on..
I want my country back.. :dunce:  :crazy:  :rofl:  :sarcasm:
 Post Number: 6
Madd Max Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2010,10:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Jul. 16 2010,11:47 pm)
Who's a bigger nut, Michelle Bachman, or Glennifer Beck.

BECK: How much of a stretch is it to think that a company that could be a threat to the economy -- because that's how really too deem to fail is kind of secondarily expressed in this bill -- a threat to the economy would be News Corp. I mean, why couldn't the president just go in and say, "You know what? What you guys are doing, what you guys are saying is hurting the economy; it is bringing things down. You're being, you know, too negative." Well, you could make a million excuses and go in and take over Fox. Couldn't you?

BACHMANN: Well, under this law, that would be possible now.

That stooge is a lawyer. :rofl:

Michele Bachmann Quotes

"Many teenagers that come in should be paying the employer because of broken dishes or whatever occurs during that period of time. But you know what? After six months, that teenager is going to be a fabulous employee and is going to go on a trajectory where he's going to be making so much money, we'll be borrowing money from him." —Michele Bachmann, 1/26/05, explaining why teenagers should pay employers for the privilege of working instead of receiving minimum wage.

--------------
Heck, if crazy were a pre-existing condition, the GOP wouldn't be able to get insurance. James Carville
 Post Number: 7
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2010,1:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok.  That was stupid.  Man, she really is a complete whack job.
Although I personally don't think a minimum wage really accomplishes anything valuable., but to say that someone (anyone) should pay their employer to work is just plain stupid.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 8
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2010,7:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Glad I Left @ Jul. 17 2010,1:12 pm)
Ok.  That was stupid.  Man, she really is a complete whack job.
Although I personally don't think a minimum wage really accomplishes anything valuable., but to say that someone (anyone) should pay their employer to work is just plain stupid.

Don't tell her that, she will come un-glued and go on Glenn Beck. :rofl:  I think they are soul mates! :rofl:

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 9
bianca Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 21 2010,7:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can't believe the woman gets re-elected! Each time it just baffles me, truly. Listening to the woman is almost as bad as listening to Coulter.  :dunce:

The stuff that comes out of Bachman's mouth: Really? Teenagers should pay their employers for giving them jobs?! Why just target teenagers, why not have the senators and congressmen/women "pay in" to the government, say social security, for having the opportunity to push their own agenda?

I applaud the woman for taking in 23 foster kids,  :clap: she has the money. But feel sorry for the kids to have to listen to her political stance.

I find humorous the fact that she and her husband own a mental health care practice. As I listen to the woman I find myself wondering  :dunno: how many times has she and Palin, her bud, been treated there, or is it ongoing :sarcasm:  :blush:

I know....shame on me for playing the  :crazy: card.  :oops:

--------------
I believe in the patriotism and energy and initiative of the average man. Woodrow Wilson

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. — Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
8 replies since Jul. 15 2010,2:13 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Wall Street Reform to Become Law
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon