Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: I Was Just Deleted, on the Albert Lea Tribune< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Spidey Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,2:26 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I left a comment the other day, and went back to check to see if anyone else left comments, only to discover that my comment was deleted and "comments disabled" was posted.  :dunno:

It was under convictions. Someone got a ticket for fishing of $131.00 ... my comment was that a ticket at that amount for fishing was stupid.

I then noticed that someone else had no insurance and an unregistered vehicle and his fine was only $180 some dollars. I didn't even comment on that ... but what a deal!

I guess  I don't understand the trib deleting my post and disabling the comments. Shame on me for having a thought and expressing it? Doesn't really make sense.

:crazy:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,2:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Someone turned you in to flag@altribune.com

You should know better than to question the authorities!!  :D

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,2:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Glad I Left @ Sep. 01 2009,2:29 pm)
Someone turned you in to flag@altribune.com

You should know better than to question the authorities!!  :D

But ....

I didn't offend anyone, all I said was I thought fining someone that much for fishing was stupid. That's it ... that's all I said. Did I offend the law? The DNR?

Kind of frightening if you ask me. It felt like the Trib put their hand over my mouth ... and I didn't like it. Good grief, I have said a lot more in other posts on the trib ... I wonder why this one?
 Post Number: 4
scary Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,2:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They tend to disable comments on convictions.
I remember, it started, IMO, when Tim E. was convicted for some minor thing.
Since then I always thought that "comments were disabled" for all convictions.
Maybe thier main cpu hasn't been programmed for that yet and they have to do it manually.

I did see what you are talking about, 3 comments, but by the time I read it, they were gone.

--------------
My avatar is proof that I give a crap  :sarcasm:
 Post Number: 5
ControlledHyperness Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,3:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have to agree...I also saw the three comments, but by the time I got to them (which was not too far after they had updated their page), they were off and comments were disabled.

Scary, i have to disagree a bit as far as the timing. Tim disabled comments when he got charged, reopened them after that, but since everything has been going down with the Good Sam case, the murder, the sensless beating on Marshall, and the other yahoo acts around town, they have disabled them again. I am wondering if it has to do with the fact that Tim doesn't know when one of their names will appear and mudslinging will begin again or not  :dunno:

--------------
I once had a thought...then it ran off before I could remember what it was...
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,3:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I didn't relies there were two other comments ... I wonder what they said? I also didn't know that the convictions is normally disabled. That makes me feel somewhat better. I still think it's wrong. If they are going to have comments in their paper on-line they shouldn't disable certain areas. Maybe certain stories if they are sensitive to someone vulnerable, but not convictions.

Just my opinion.
 Post Number: 7
Paul Harvey Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,4:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What were your exact words, did you say stupid?

You did....right?

--------------
~I love trolling n00bs and pwning assholes~
 Post Number: 8
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,4:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was/is called a memory hole.  In 1984, the government threw all transcripts and records they felt were an embarrassment to the government down an incineration chute called a memory hole.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,5:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

MADDOG ... I might believe that more with larger, more prevalent newspapers, but not with small boon-town fishwrap, and especially not with stories such as someone getting a ticket for fishing.

It's probably the case of - someone forgot to turn on the disable button. It's just so hard to find good help these days  :p
 Post Number: 10
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2009,5:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Spidey, you might be surprised how much proof of the truth the Tribune has refused to print over the years.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
22 replies since Sep. 01 2009,2:26 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply I Was Just Deleted
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon