Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Almost got a ticket from a fire department LT.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2017,6:33 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Apparently a neighbor complained about my smoke from my recreational fire so our new ALFD LT stops by and tells me to put it out. I told him I wasn't violating any city ordinance and it was a legal recreational fire so go ahead and give me a citation and we'll let a judge decide. So he calls the PD and an officer shows up and obviously didn't see anything wrong.

So then the LT just starts making things up like telling me I couldnt burn twigs because it's yard waste. The actual city ordinance lists twigs as a legal fuel source. Then he tried to tell me I couldn't burn wood that was wet from yesterdays rain because it smokes too much. I explained that wet wood steams, then burns. And the wet wood mentioned in the city ordinance refers to unseasoned wood, or green wood, which is commonly referred to as wet wood.

Another thing they tried to tell me is if a neighbor complains about the smell I have to put it out. I asked to see where it says that in the city ordinance and he said that they were instructed to do that.  So I pointed out the ordinance says small amounts of smoke can leave your yard, and you can't write a ticket for me having a legal recreational fire that doesn't violate a city ordinance.

Eventually the 2 FD members and the police officer left and I'm atill enjoying my fire.

It seems to me that a LT in the fire department should be able to read and comprehend a one page city ordinance.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2017,5:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If I were you I'd consider having a recreational fire every night. :thumbsup:

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2017,10:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You were wise to keep your cool, one swear word could have got you a disorderly conduct.. if the cop was a prick.

We put up with our neighbors indoor fire places which I swear they're burning garbage in it half the time, but I never call the cops or fire-department.

In this type of weather most people have their windows closed and the air on. you've got one of those neighbors and every neighborhood has one that just can't stand anybody enjoy things..

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 4
hymiebravo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2017,9:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

3 replies since Jun. 17 2017,6:33 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Almost got a ticket from a fire department LT.
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon