Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 612345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: What's with th fear of hobby drones, quad & planes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,10:44 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What's with the irrational fears over hobby grade quad copters/drones? I'm just finishing my first build and it's 450mm quad with close to 4 lbs of lift. The thing is quiet but not so quiet that you wouldn't hear one hovering outside a window

I plan to mount 2 cameras. A go Pro on a gimble up front and a small FpV flight camera next to it with GPS and a heads up display. Both will be transmitted to a 5.6 ghz video receiver on the ground that will most likely record any shooting down. And the cost of the quad would make it a felony on MN, also the FAA recently classified them as aircraft so shooting one down could result in federal felony charges.

Besides if you're worried about creeps looking in your Windows I'd be more concerned with that crazy $600 camera that can zoom in on moon.

https://youtu.be/sE_KYAfc-hg

This is my quad. It's pretty large and makes plenty of noise so there's nothing stealthy about it.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,10:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just warn me before hovering silently outside my windows.  I'll be sure to give you a good show. :rofl:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,11:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The thing is quiet but not so quiet that you wouldn't hear one hovering outside a window

you'd hear it unless you had some really thick windows. The motors are pretty quiet but once its in the air those props make some serious noise, and the more weight the louder they get.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,11:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When its under power it sounds about like 4 electric weed eaters running, its pretty hard to miss that. But that camera zoom  is crazy, but still super cool. Makes me want to sell my Canon EOS and get one of those beasts for nature shots.

And normally Im not concerned about privacy but that camera is going to be getting some crazy paparazzi shots.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,12:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cool. Looks expensive

Fly it around my house and we'll test the felony thing :rockon:

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 6
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,12:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

that goes for my house too :finger:
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,1:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^^ please don't "help"

--------------

Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,2:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There's no testing the felony thing. Google it. As far as the US Supreme court is concerned you have no property rights over 100ft and the FAA doesn't allow them over 500ft so those 400 ft above your property are legal for me to fly anytime I want .  The exception is no fly zones like around airport.

And the cameras don't save locally they use a 5.6ghz signal to transmit to VR goggles and a dvr on the ground.

Best part is restitution where you get to buy me a brand new quad. And did I mention convicted felons can't vote. That's a big win for all of us.

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,2:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As long as it's out of the reach of my garden hose or  :D a waded up t-shirt we're fine.
But if you habitually fly around someone's property you might get introduced to MN anti stalking laws.

For the most part I hope you have a blast with your toy,maybe even figure a way to make some cash with it.

--------------

Post Number: 10
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2015,4:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Self-Banished @ Jul. 09 2015,12:27 pm)
Fly it around my house and we'll test the felony thing :rockon:

They're still sorting out laws on drones, but at present taking one down with Ack ack could get you.  Be sure to wear a hoodie.  Hate to see signs stapled to the telephone pole down by the Tribune.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
56 replies since Jul. 09 2015,10:44 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 612345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply What's with th fear of hobby drones, quad & planes
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon