[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: the Dredge< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
greenbeans56007 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2015,11:52 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Years ago the City purchased a dredge for the lake (s). What has happened to this and has it seen any service?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2015,2:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Do not fret, the Bimford Supersuck 2000 is tucked away on private property and the rent is being paid. :D

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 3
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2015,3:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And you can read about it in all the other threads.

Big Al

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 4
nzeroesc Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2015,5:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As grassman mentioned, we are financing the Freeborn County Pestorius enterprise by making a monthly contribution to them for "storage" of the dredge.  

Cole Pestorious
Dredge Storage Rent 504 Dredging $               416.67

$417 a month to park a weather hardened piece of industrial equipment in a shed, while the Pelican Breeze which is a public facing community attraction sits uncovered outside on a trailer not 100yds away from where it docks.

Anyone smell anything funny?
 Post Number: 5
hymiebravo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2015,8:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not really dredge related per se. But last summer I was down at the park in Emmons. And. . . There was what looked like a giant section of interstate that was apparently some kind of boat landing.

Funny thing was. There wasn't a lake there. It was a bunch of dried up mud.

I would imagine that was part of the watershed tax dollars that paid for that?

It was probably nicer than anything in Albert lea. And there wasn't even a lake a there. lol

Instead of a mothballed Dredge. Why don't they fix up the channel from Bridge to Garfield/Front?

You see all those people fishing along that decrepit spot by the dam, on Bridge. That looks like it could use some upgrading.

Or how about all the trees that are stuck under that abandoned railroad bridge further south.

And don't even get me started on the rest of the garbage along that entire route.

I think ultimately more access points on Albert Lea lakes and trails along them would serve the area better. Because it would get more people down on the water.

To help keep interest and enthusiasm in this other 100 year into the future water improvement plan.
 Post Number: 6
nzeroesc Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 29 2015,12:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh that's on more than a few lists too.  I know I have seen past renderings and suggestions for how to rebuild and develop that channel.  Some of that ties into DNR and Army Corp of Engineer plans for Albert Lea lake, as well as potential development of the Farmland property.  Also the Watershed district dredging and headwater plans for Fountain Lake if completed.  

Last mention of it on the watershed site was in 2009, and i can't find any of the old renderings.

As for Albert Lea Lake, if you thought Albert Lea moved slow, the federal government can make us look damn near efficient.  The Review Plan was submitted to the Army Corp of Engineers initially in November of 2013.  The feasibility study will continue through 2015, and final report and partnership agreements along with initial design phase are projected to start in FY2016.  

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/project...nty.pdf
http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/project...7E515A3
 Post Number: 7
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2015,5:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I like the 9 "String of Pearls" islands proposed for Albert Lea Lake.. 3 acre islands, 5 acre islands and even two 10 acre islands.. So Cool..
 Post Number: 8
GOAT1450 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2015,11:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just clean out the lake, don't create islands for the birds to defecate on. Use the Sediment in parks or truck it to Main and build earthen dams to prevent Main from flooding every damn year.

I don't want to look at an island full of birds and empty beer cans.

--------------
GOAT
 Post Number: 9
stardust14 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2015,11:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Name the islands after their contributors---Industry Heavy Metal Island, Mega Farmer Island, LitterBug Island, Complacent Public Island, ??????
 Post Number: 10
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2015,9:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hymiebravo @ Apr. 28 2015,8:38 pm)
Not really dredge related per se. But last summer I was down at the park in Emmons. And. . . There was what looked like a giant section of interstate that was apparently some kind of boat landing.

Funny thing was. There wasn't a lake there. It was a bunch of dried up mud.

I would imagine that was part of the watershed tax dollars that paid for that?

It was probably nicer than anything in Albert lea. And there wasn't even a lake a there. lol

Instead of a mothballed Dredge. Why don't they fix up the channel from Bridge to Garfield/Front?

You see all those people fishing along that decrepit spot by the dam, on Bridge. That looks like it could use some upgrading.

Or how about all the trees that are stuck under that abandoned railroad bridge further south.

And don't even get me started on the rest of the garbage along that entire route.

I think ultimately more access points on Albert Lea lakes and trails along them would serve the area better. Because it would get more people down on the water.

To help keep interest and enthusiasm in this other 100 year into the future water improvement plan.

The new landing was built with a grant from the state.

They replaced the dam. Part of it was to knock dam out to drain and kill all fish. Then a new dam was built and it is full of water again. Two years ago you could not see 2 inches into the water - now you can see the bottom. That was a Duck Unlimited project.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
10 replies since Apr. 24 2015,11:52 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply the Dredge
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon