[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 912345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: We have to be the most amusing on earth!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
grassman Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 02 2015,11:15 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

TameThaTane

Posted on: Aug. 15 2007,8:20 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ya but Denny didn't stretch her carpet...if you wants to make her happy, you gots to stretch her carpet.

--------------

--------------
git er done!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2015,4:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just in time for Lincoln's birthday.  Hey, they let these people vote by themselves.

View on YouTube

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 3
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2015,7:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think people confuse Lincoln as being from the south since his birthplace is in Kentucky.  Kentucky seems like the south now even though it was a border state during the war.

One of my favorite Abraham Lincoln quotes, "I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky."

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2015,1:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That or they slept through history in school and never took Civics.

Civics quiz

*hint: Some of you may not want to take this.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2015,8:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^Decent quiz everyone, try it and see what you get.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 6
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2015,9:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

3 wrong, 85%. Back to the books. :D Always had a hard time with term limits.

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2015,2:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(grassman @ Feb. 14 2015,9:21 am)
Always had a hard time with term limits.

I think that is our biggest problem.  Politicians have a hard time with them too.  I think things would be ran a lot different if there were term limits on Congress also.

Don't feel bad about three wrong although you should have used the  :blush: emoticon.  Bone up and take the 50 question test link on the same page.

I heard not long ago that the best answer the millennials gave for "Who wrote the Declaration of Independence" was 'Who cares.'

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2015,2:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(MADDOG @ Feb. 13 2015,1:07 pm)
That or they slept through history in school and never took Civics.

Civics quiz

*hint: Some of you may not want to take this.

I don't think many of the Republican hopefuls for President could pass the civics quiz either.  Take Herman Cain for example, the man doesn't know the difference between the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
Herman Cain, thinks the words "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness" are in the Constituion.

Or this one, at the 4 minute mark we find out he doesn't know the difference between pro-life and pro-choice.
He's pro-life, but doesn't think the government should be involved.
:dunce:
I heard not long ago that the best answer the millennials gave for "Who wrote the Declaration of Independence" was 'Who cares.'

It's an interesting historical document, particularly the process behind the rough draft and editing for the final draft, but it's given too much credit.  

I saw a poll on the National Archive website once that said the Declaration of Independence is the most well known document.  It's so well known that people frequently misquote it when they're referring to the Constitution.   :(

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2015,9:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(irisheyes @ Feb. 16 2015,2:34 am)
I don't think many of the Republican hopefuls for President could pass the civics quiz either.

I saw a poll on the National Archive website once that said the Declaration of Independence is the most well known document.  It's so well known that people frequently misquote it when they're referring to the Constitution.

I think you slipped there IE.  I don't think I references any particular party on this one.  Although he works for Fox news, Watters doesn't single out strictly liberals.

The Constitution should be familiar to everyone.  Doesn't it start out "Four score and seven years?"

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2015,12:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

20 questions-20 right, 100%

http://civicsquiz.com/20-question-u-s-civics-quiz/

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
82 replies since Jan. 02 2015,11:15 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 912345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply We have to be the most amusing on earth!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon