1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Bump out turn lane< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
digger Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 22 2014,8:09 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Has anyone else noticed at Broadway and Main stoplights (southbound) how many people stop and drive over the bump out to turn onto West Main as if there was a right turn lane installed there.  Sure would hate to be a pedestrian standing there waiting to cross.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
pepi-lapew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2014,7:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It would save money on S.S. If they are dumb enough to stand that close to the road they should get hit.
 Post Number: 3
digger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2014,8:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So your telling me because I am standing there waiting for my cross walk light and some dumb ass runs me over it was my fault to stand there. When the whole idea of the bump out was to shorten the street crossing for the pedestrian. Brilliant!!
 Post Number: 4
usmcr Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2014,7:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

imho those bumpouts was someones pipe dream! quit frankly there are very few people uptown to utilize them. there is more auto traffic them pedestrins so by eliminating the space for a left turn it just slows down the traffic as it funnels all the traffic into one lane! wider sidewalks for the large number of pedestrians which are few in number. perhaps some day but i doubt it! why not do away with the stop light at newton & clark as well. as far as the old bank building goes i feel it is great that the city is getting rid of it but at what a cost! the city will be paying this debt off for a number of years! the art center is coming out of this smelling like a rose. $1.00 a year! i just hope that they are not intending to salvage the whole uptown with taxpayers funds!

--------------
"Do not confuse dissent with disloyalty"  Edward R Murrow

Memento homo quia pulvis es, et in pulverem veverteris
 Post Number: 5
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2014,8:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Has anyone noticed that people don't stop at 4 way stops in this town either? The police department could write tickets all day long at the 4 way by the Tribune and the one on Clark and Broadway is just as bad.

The lack of stopping and the bump outs will eventually hurt someone on Clark and Broadway

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2014,9:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Jun. 25 2014,8:26 am)
Has anyone noticed that people don't stop at 4 way stops in this town either? The police department could write tickets all day long at the 4 way by the Tribune and the one on Clark and Broadway is just as bad.

The lack of stopping and the bump outs will eventually hurt someone on Clark and Broadway

They also turn right on red without stopping first. There is no right of way. You also see a lot of people passing someone who is turning left in an intersection—never mind that an oncoming car might also be turning left.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2014,9:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(pepi-lapew @ Jun. 24 2014,7:08 am)
It would save money on S.S. If they are dumb enough to stand that close to the road they should get hit.

That bumpout is technically part of the sidewalk. They were designed to make the crossings shorter, not to drive on. A car that hits someone standing there will be at fault, not the pedestrian.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 8
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2014,11:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

lets make the council members take turns standing there for a week and see who gets hit first
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2014,1:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(twingroves @ Jun. 25 2014,11:01 am)
lets make the council members take turns standing there for a week and see who gets hit first

But only the ones who voted for the Streetscape projects. We'll give a pass to the ones who voted "no".

--------------
 Post Number: 10
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2014,4:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

great idea :cheer:
9 replies since Jun. 22 2014,8:09 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Bump out turn lane
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon