[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: What's wrong with America< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013,7:08 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is what's wrong with America, we need many,many more of kids like this Georgia Tech speaker, Nick Selby. This kid has drive and attitude to spare. I will remember to watch for him in the future.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0tN58EC6LE

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013,7:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And less of these thugs

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports...1431445

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------

Post Number: 3
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013,8:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Self-Banished @ Aug. 22 2013,7:08 pm)
This is what's wrong with America, we need many,many more of kids like this Georgia Tech speaker, Nick Selby. This kid has drive and attitude to spare. I will remember to watch for him in the future.

No, S.B.  That was seven minutes of an overly hyper nerd going on about comic book fantasies and what I'm guessing was Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

If your point is that we need more people at university speeches talking about science fiction movies, I'll have to disagree.  It seems to be something out of Idiocracy.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013,8:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^but brondo's got what plants crave.

Nope, I was going from one extreme to another, damn good to see a kid with some drive and enthusiasm, much better than "we were bored"

--------------

Post Number: 5
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013,10:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy to see you got the movie reference, not many people do.
Nope, I was going from one extreme to another, damn good to see a kid with some drive and enthusiasm, much better than "we were bored"

I'll give him kudos for the enthusiasm.  The last time I was at an event like that I nearly slipped into a coma.   :;):

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2013,3:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Greatly under rated movie, almost a testament to where this country is heading.

Last graduation I went to was my daughters three years ago and I hear you, except for a few exceptions those kids were zombies wandering through the motions.

Take it for what it's worth then, a kid entering the world excited about, probably nothing more but to light up a pessimist like me? Kinda gives a person a little hope. :D

--------------

Post Number: 7
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2013,5:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Georgia Tech Student Copied His High School Debate Coach's Speech For His Epic Performance

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/awesome...mpNXoBn
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2013,8:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^ yes, I heard that in an interview with the kid, said he asked permission from his former debate coach. It show he was paying attention in school.

What were you doing Alki, sleeping?

--------------

Post Number: 9
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2013,8:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He should have proved he got an education and wrote his own material.. People who copy others material usually end up truck drivers like you.. :rofl:  :sarcasm:
 Post Number: 10
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2013,9:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Selby posted on Facebook about his former coach's influence, writing, "I had an awesome speech coach in high school by the name of Andy Stone, and was absolutely thrilled when he agreed to let me use the end of his award-winning speech as the foundation for my own."

Selby's admission went up 13 hours before Zimmerman's article.

The overlap between the two speeches starts at 5:00 in Selby's video and 8:40 in Stone's video.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
25 replies since Aug. 22 2013,7:08 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply What's wrong with America
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon