>Guest

Page 1 of 1612345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Second Amendment, Don't Tread On Me< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013,9:58 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Perhaps the most important Amendment of our Constitution.  Why?  Without it, if someone (or body) ever decides to take your other freedoms away, how would you defend them?  Our founding fathers saw the need to protect the rights of citizens to bear arms to fight the tyranny of the Crown.  The right to bear arms is your right as a citizen to:

-defend yourself from home intruders
-help suppress any possible insurrection
-defend yourself from tyrannical government
-moral duty to help defend your country from invasion

There are no clauses to this amendment that limits an individual citizen to why he can arm himself, how he can arm himself or with what he can arm himself.  Whether a citizen chooses to arm himself with a handgun, long gun or both.  Nothing in the Constitution states that if an individual chooses to arm himself with a whole arsenal he will be denied.

So many groups have risen to try to take away this right.  Many political leftist want to take part or all of this right away from you.  They believe that  people as a whole will be safer.  Many liberals believe that the government will take care of them in any situations.  Much of our government wants to disarm citizens.  That's right, much of our present government wants to restrict and ban the citizen Most of which just say they just want to limit a few things.  Or that they need new additional laws.  That it's all the multiple-fire weapons that are harmful.  We'll just take a little.  You'll hardly notice.  We'll sneak around.  We'll come around to the back door when you're not watching close enough and only take small things you won't miss right away.  A little here, a little there.  By the time we get close enough to cleaning you out, there will be nothing you can do to oppose it.

Some would say that we should only have muskets.  Semi-automatics hadn't been invented so they can't mean them.  When the Constitutional Fathers wrote these Rights, they did not limit the colonists to lesser or inferior firearms to the British.  The British kept raising colonist's taxes.  The British enacted a ban on the import of gunpowder and arms to the colonies.  Hmmm?

Engstrom writes a six part story on guns.  Today is on regulations.  He writes that before a person can go buy a handgun or semi-automatic assault weapon, they first must stop at the Freeborn County Law Enforcement Center and fill out an application for a permit to purchase.  A first step towards national registration.  Not surprising for a libbie state.

Now our government wants to limit and ban some firearms from importation.  Obama has set up the groundwork for the ATF to ban the importation of ammo and gun parts of “designed for military use.”
Importation of Defense Articles and Defense Services.  The Bambino Administration has found out a way to have taxpayers fund anti-gun campaigns through EO by calling gun violence a “public health crisis.”  The government distorts statistics to gain support for anti gun movements.  [URL=http://www.examiner.com/article/blooming-idiot-bloomberg-at-it-again-with-maig-propaganda?cid=rss  ]Blooming Idiot.[/URL]

Far from the actual numbers.

Swift Boat Arnold has made it clear that the Godfather of Pennsylvania Avenue will sign the U. N. Arms Trade Treaty that will ban nearly every gun made for personal protection to be sold.  No matter how our legislative branches vote.  They have seen how this would go directly against the Constitution and have temporarily stopped this from happening.

It is the Second Amendment and only the Second Amendment that has the power to protect your enumerated rights as a citizen.  Each one of the Bill of Rights is important, but it is the second one that makes all the other ones possible.  The Bill of Rights must be protected from those who would choose to take them away.  The only way to defend these rights is by defending the Second Amendment.  Washington didn't cross the Delaware with a megaphone shouting “I have the right to express my opinion.”

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
sumpdump Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2013,6:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If only the majority would believe, too many do not.

--------------
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
 Post Number: 3
Santorini Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 27 2013,3:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

--------------
"Things turn out best for those who make the best
 of the way things turned out."    Jack Buck
 Post Number: 4
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2013,7:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Did anyone read this clap trap editorial?
Idiotic editorial

Lets look at this a bit.
How in the world would making every private sale enforceable sans registration?  There is NO way this is enforceable, not to mention it does side on the unconstitutional part, as with NCIS checks could be viewed as unconstitutional.

It is already a federal felony to be engaged in the business of buying and selling firearms without having a federal dealer’s license.  It is already a crime for a federally licensed dealer to sell a gun without doing a background check–that’s all dealers, everywhere, whether at retail stores or gun shows.  Further, it is already a federal felony to sell, trade, give, lend, rent or transfer a gun to a person you know or should know is not legally allowed to own, purchase or possess a firearm.

It is even a federal felony to submit false information on a background check form for the purpose of purchasing a firearm, though Vice President Biden does not think it’s worth the government’s time to prosecute these criminal acts.

Whether you like it or not, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms IS a protected Constitutional Right.  Time is not even a factor, nor should it be espoused with the tired time honor of the "well back then".  Using such is a logic fail and counters to the point that the author is grasping at straws to bolster some sort of reasoning or agreement.

The author of this fluff feel good BS, is naive and puts way to much stock in govt that sells weapons to cartels in the name of safety.

People like this author are sheep.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2013,10:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, I read it a little earlier but didn't have time to respond then.  I found that the puke paper bag was spinning Milan's comment from a few days ago.  
There is no gun show loophole, Hart said. The media portray licensed firearms dealers as selling firearms at gun shows without background checks, he said, as though people are trading cash for guns.

“They know that’s a lie,” he said.

He must be a fortune teller.  He called the rag on it before they wrote this trash.

As far as private sales requiring background checks.  You're right G.D., it can't be done.  Furthermore, if they were to put it in place, that trash judging SCOTUS would have to rule on it.  The only way to (nearly)know for sure that the government doesn't have information on a given firearm you might possess is IF you buy it private party.  It's come to a point that when you purchase a weapon, is the FFL you are buying it from turning their information over to the feds or not??  Have your Walmarts, Cabela's or Pro Shops been leaned on by the government already?

Guns are too embedded in the American culture to attempt to ban them outright. We are a liberated people that settled frontiers, where handling guns was part of everyday living. And that tradition of hunting with guns and collecting them continues to this day.
 What, does the writer of this opinion think this is the frickin' wild west?  I hate to tell all the empty-headed ones here, but the Second Amendment was not framed into the Constitution for hunters and collectors.  :crazy:

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 01 2013,9:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sounds like this sheriff is helping to protect the Second Amendment.  And from California at that.  Gotta wonder if Freeborn County's big brown boy would do anything similar, given the opportunity?

EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) — The El Dorado County Sheriff says he’s not happy with the U.S. Forest Service, so he’s stripping them of their authority by keeping them from enforcing state law within the county.

Sheriff John D’Agostini is taking the unusual step of pulling the police powers from the federal agency because he says he has received “numerous, numerous complaints.”

In a letter obtained by CBS13, the sheriff informs the federal agency that its officers will no longer be able to enforce California state law anywhere in his county.

“I take the service that we provide to the citizens of El Dorado County and the visitors to El Dorado County very seriously, and the style and manner of service we provide,” D’Agostini said. “The U.S. Forest Service, after many attempts and given many opportunities, has failed to meet that standard.”

The sheriff won’t give specifics, but he says he’s concerned about the number of complaints his department’s received against the federal officers.

We asked law professor John Myers if the sheriff’s actions can supercede the feds.

“Looks to me as though the sheriff can do this,” he said. “They don’t have state powers in the first place, but essentially the sheriff can deputize individuals to have authority in his or her jurisdiction.”

The U.S. Forest Services wouldn’t comment beyond this statement:

“The U.S. Forest Service Law Enforcement has not received this letter yet, but we have valued our partnership and good working relationship with the county over the years.”

But with limited resources and such a large area to patrol, some may be concerned that public safety may be compromised.

We asked the sheriff whether this will increase response times.

“It could be, but I doubt it.”

But the bottom line for campers is knowing someone will come when they call and report a crime.

D’Agostini’s order will go into effect on July 22, and for now, there’s no resolution in sight.

Sheriff strips Forest Service
Complainants said the Federal officers showed particular interest in whether they were carrying guns. “They want to know what you’re doing here, where you’re going, do you have any firearms on board?” park visitor Cory Ward told CBS Sacramento. - See more at: http://rtr.org/news...]

--------------
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2013,6:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Unable to get gun control legislation through Congress, the Obama administration announced two new executive actions Thursday – one to “close a loophole,” another to block importation of surplus military weapons.

The announcements come the same day that Vice President Joe Biden – who has spearheaded the administration’s anti-gun efforts since the school massacre in Newtown, Conn. in December — is set to do a ceremonial swearing-in of B. Todd Jones, who was confirmed by the Senate as the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Obama Announces More Executive Actions on Guns

Swearing-in of B. Todd Jones is not a good thing.  This guy is a looney gun control dragging left nut POS.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2013,7:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What's the "B" for, Bitch?

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 9
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2013,10:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Majority of the ATF field agents and others cannot stand him either.  And yes they also call him a kook.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 10
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2013,11:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think you boys need to go shoot a few rounds at the range to blow off steam.. :rofl:
156 replies since Jun. 24 2013,9:58 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 1612345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Second Amendment
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon