[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 1612345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Social Security, cuts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013,9:59 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some Washington politicians are proposing a budget deal that would change the cost-of-living-adjustment (COLA) for Social Security and veterans' benefits, resulting in a combined $146 billion in cuts over the next ten years.

Use the calculator link below to see exactly how the COLA change would impact you

http://action.aarp.org/site...or.html

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2013,3:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fvXuANd2l80

--------------

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 3
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2013,3:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Expatriate @ Apr. 05 2013,9:59 am)
Some Washington politicians are proposing a budget deal that would change the cost-of-living-adjustment (COLA) for Social Security and veterans' benefits, resulting in a combined $146 billion in cuts over the next ten years.

So republicans are already critizing the plan as are some democrats.

Which politicians want this chained CPI??

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2013,4:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What Republicans, the grand old Taliban party wants to disembowel Social Security completely, CPI isn’t enough
for them now even though it was the brainchild of the Republicans!
They also propose in their budget decimating Medicare turning it into a voucher system.
When you get hungry you can pray and receive manna miraculously from a divine source and be healed with prayer.
What kind of world do you think we’d live in if the Republican Taliban got their budget passed...

I’m all for a reduction in the ratio of debt to GDP but not at the expense of those who can least afford to pay for Wall Street Hoodwinkery or Bush’s welfare contribution to the Military Industrial Complex!

--------------

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 5
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013,10:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I find it funny that Expat blames nobody but the Repubs for SS when both parties are to blame formvarious reasons. Do I care? Not really when SS won't be there when I retire or it will be severely means tested or restricted. It makes me angry that I pay into a system that will be no benefit to me. :angry:

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 6
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013,2:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Self-Banished @ Apr. 09 2013,10:53 am)
I find it funny that Expat blames nobody but the Repubs for SS when both parties are to blame formvarious reasons. Do I care? Not really when SS won't be there when I retire or it will be severely means tested or restricted. It makes me angry that I pay into a system that will be no benefit to me. :angry:

That's right baby, I am right at the line for the cutoff. I'm takin it all!!!!!! Just think if the bailout would have been divided up amongst us citizens instead of the banks on wallstreet.  :beer: This conversation would not be taking place.

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 7
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013,3:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Expatriate @ Apr. 05 2013,9:59 am)

Use the calculator link below to see exactly how the COLA change would impact you

http://action.aarp.org/site...or.html

Aarp sucks and you're their pawn.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013,6:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^^^oh my AARP, I didn't see that one. I'm always getting solicitations from them. I always take the pre-addressed envelope and stuff it with junk mail and mail it back.  :p

--------------

Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013,6:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(grassman @ Apr. 09 2013,2:31 pm)

(Self-Banished @ Apr. 09 2013,10:53 am)

That's right baby, I am right at the line for the cutoff. I'm takin it all!!!!!! Just think if the bailout would have been divided up amongst us citizens instead of the banks on wallstreet.  :beer: This conversation would not be taking place.

So this is how you pay for those commemorative plates in your Rollohome. :rofl:

--------------

Post Number: 10
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 09 2013,9:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The economy has been growing on average less than 1% a year for the past four years and this guy wonders why the squeeze is on.   :(
153 replies since Apr. 05 2013,9:59 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 1612345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Social Security
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon