[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 1112345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: New state taxes, What the gov wants< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2013,5:25 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gov Dayton want to increase taxes on the top 2% (democrat, go figure) and increase the cigarette tax. Any smokers here???

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2013,8:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

you got to pay your bills!

SB~Life is tough buttercup

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 3
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2013,8:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Former smoker, but I'm opposed to these so-called "elective" taxes, because eventually they come around to taxing something you do. These taxes generate some support, because their supporters wrongly feel it doesn't affect them - until it does.

It might not be this particular tax that affects you, but this ABILITY to impose tax on any one thing affects us all.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2013,9:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Expatriate @ Mar. 18 2013,8:22 am)

Yes it is retard, yes it is :thumbsup:

--------------

Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2013,9:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(This is my real name @ Mar. 18 2013,8:37 am)
Former smoker, but I'm opposed to these so-called "elective" taxes, because eventually they come around to taxing something you do. These taxes generate some support, because their supporters wrongly feel it doesn't affect them - until it does.

It might not be this particular tax that affects you, but this ABILITY to impose tax on any one thing affects us all.

I agree, what happens when there aren't enough smokers(I quit over 2 years ago) or, and it's more likely to happen, the black market takes over and we get another gov. Program like the war on drugs?

What's the total gov. Take on a pack of smokes now? If this goes through it's gotta be $5.50 plus?

Yep, truly a tax on the poor.

--------------

Post Number: 6
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2013,12:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gov Dayton want to increase taxes on the top 2% (democrat, go figure) and increase the cigarette tax. Any smokers here???

Thanks for starting the thread, I kept meaning to start a topic about the budget proposal.  I'm sure there's no lack of strong opinions on this.  The price on a pack/carton sure makes me glad I quit.  That being said, you'll notice republicans aren't happy about him wanting to dramatically lower sales taxes and property taxes, so their problem is really about one thing; the top 2%.

Expatriate:

HA, S.B. shrugs off any empathy for regressive taxes like sales or property taxes skyrocketing for the middle class.  He'd even suggest the person should just be homeless:  after all, "they don't have a right to a home".  Apparently the top 2% are the buttercups that life shouldn't be tough for.   :;):

What's the total gov. Take on a pack of smokes now? If this goes through it's gotta be $5.50 plus?

Yep, truly a tax on the poor.

I don't recall repubs complaining about Pawlenty's "health impact fees", and there's a direct correlation between republican LGA cuts and property taxes doubling over the past decade for many households.  Reversing that trend makes the tax system more proportional.  But don't tell that to the republican strategists, their focus is only on those making above $250k a year.

Anyone who's been to or watched city council or county board meetings in greater Minnesota has seen the line of people at the podium about regressive taxes breaking their budget.  I don't think the middle class in this state can handle much more of the republicans "no more taxes" rhetoric.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 7
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2013,12:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Since it's a global market, and we're in competition with impoverished crapholes like China and Mexico, we need to turn our country into an impoverished craphole, too. That seems to be the unspoken philosophy at work, these days.

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 8
pepi la pew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 20 2013,10:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hang on to your A$$ Dayton wants all your money, Even what you have not earned yet?
 Post Number: 9
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 22 2013,7:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is what makes me puke.  The libs on here bitch about who, what, and how much a person should get taxed as if it's their money.  Nothing is ever said about what should get cut.

Quote from Gov. Dayton
“Just saying no to tax increases is not a budget plan. It’s not responsible,” he said. “Those who don’t want to pay a single dollar more in taxes need to own up to the responsibility to tell us what are the consequences of that.”

How about rephrasing your question Mr. Governor:
Just saying no to budget cuts is not a budget plan.  It's not responsible.  Those who don't want to cut a single dollar more in spending need to own up to the responsibility to tell us what are the consequences of that.

A typical "middle class" family can't run a budget like this so why do we let our government.

Same old tax and spend donkocrats.  Nothing will ever change.
 Post Number: 10
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 22 2013,7:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

IE
I don't recall repubs complaining about Pawlenty's "health impact fees", and there's a direct correlation between republican LGA cuts and property taxes doubling over the past decade for many households.  Reversing that trend makes the tax system more proportional.  But don't tell that to the republican strategists, they're focus is only on those making above $250k a year.

And I think there is a direct correlation with all of the new government buildings and schools being built all over the state during a recession..and the lack of people willing to take their local governments to task.

...nuff said
101 replies since Mar. 18 2013,5:25 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 1112345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply New state taxes
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon