[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 512345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: kwik trip< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012,8:45 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

what does everybody think about the new store trying to come to albert lea
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012,9:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wish them good luck, hope they do well.

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 3
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012,6:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good for them if the amount of business they do justifies it. It should bring a few more dollars into town and provide a few part-time positions for those looking for part-time work. That said, as nice as any growth is, we do need to focus on bringing blue- and white-collar industry to town. That will bring more people here than will bumpouts and Blue Zone walkways.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 4
sumpdump Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012,6:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :sarcasm:

--------------
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
 Post Number: 5
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012,9:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What did the council say about adding the access in last night, I was going to listen but got sidetracked...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012,9:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ICU812 @ Dec. 11 2012,9:04 am)
What did the council say about adding the access in last night, I was going to listen but got sidetracked...

I actually didn't go this time. I had planned on it initially, but ended up working 11 hours yesterday working on wrapping up a project and decided to unwind at home instead of spending an hour or two at the city council meeting.

The Tribune should have the information available soon if you feel like answering some survey questions, though.  :p

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 7
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012,12:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks like they'll be postponing the decision until the next meeting.  AL Tribune - City Holds off on Kwik Trip Road

Here's previous story from last weekend.  Council to Mull Kwik Trip Frontage Road

IMO, I'd like to see them vacate the road if it'll mean moving the area forward.  It isn't just the 30 employees or so Kwik Trip will hire, there'll be A LOT of construction money going into this, a myriad of contractors involved in getting them going with a brand new facility.  Plus the tax base of a fairly large gas station paying property taxes.  That'll be a decent chunk of change that Kwik Trip is more than happy to bring here.

I was thinking Vern Eide should be considered, since I believe that road is in front of their business as well, but one of the articles says they've petitioned on behalf of vacating the road as well.

Tribune article, Dec. 8th:
Albert Lea City Manager Chad Adams said both Vern Eide Chevrolet dealership and Kwik Trip have petitioned for the vacation of the roadway, but so far, city staff have not found any findings that support doing so.

This isn't a park or a wildlife reserve area we're talking about.  It is, was, and will always be a lot for a business to be located.

Or, we can just enjoy the prosperity and tax base that the vacant lot has been bringing us in recent years.  I mean, I'd sure miss that frontage road that has become pointless to use anyway.   :sarcasm:  :frusty:

Has anyone done a walkability study on this yet?
  :sarcasm:   :D

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 8
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012,8:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, I feel the same as you Irish...it is a road that should disappear.

If they put as much into getting this done, as the are with the bumpout love they have, it would be great. But I find it ridiculous that it has not moved forward yet. It drive me flipping nuts when I hear "an access point has not been added since 1824", like they are proud that no improvement have happened as far as civil planning goes. And the safety thing too, as far as it goes in other areas of town. They basically created a death trap on 46 by trail and have failed to address it, yet hinder this project citing safety as a reason. Bridge is a totally different scenario.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012,9:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good grief, where are these governmental control freaks coming from?  Hello, logic, says get the hell out of way.  This project brings work for the construction industry and jobs for the future employees.  And it INCREASES the tax base!

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 10
Twiggs50 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012,9:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The only reason it's not going forward is because HyVee doesn't want any competition. Make your own conclusions.
44 replies since Dec. 10 2012,8:45 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 512345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply kwik trip
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon