Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: United Way Admin Costs, Is there a better way ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Chamber Maid Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012,2:38 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In the tribune United Way defended  the cost involved in raising  money and paying salaries. With todays technology wouldn't giving directly to the charities with less admin work.

Looking at their 990 forms shows they collect over 500,000 dollars in the past years but give much less in grants in those years. One year 2008 admin and advertising cost around$150,000 to give  aprox 412,000 in grants. There has to be a less costly way to give to those needed programs.

It's time United Way does it a Better Way!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012,2:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There is a less costly way. Specify a specific agency you want your donation to go to. The full amount will then go to that agency.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 3
White Pride Search for posts by this member.
weißer Stolz

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012,4:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The UW is the WORST organization to give to

--------------
Dr. Pride here

I'm an ENGLISH speaking white GERMAN-AMERICAN, and DAMN PROUD OF IT!

What bothers people more... the fact others disagree w/them, or that the others just might be right after all?

If you're being stupid, acting stupid, or just plain stupid, I will not hesitate to let u know!
 Post Number: 4
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012,5:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(White Pride @ Dec. 11 2012,4:59 pm)

Oh no. There are FAR worse organizations to give to, including some specialize in giving to specific groups, such as veterans and the disabled.

I don't recall exactly what groups were on the list without doing a Google search I don't have time for right now. But there are some organizations that keep upwards of 90 percent of what they take in for "administrative costs".

If you give to the UW, specify an agency and 99.5-100 percent of your donation will go to that agency. (Ask first.) Alternatively, you can give directly to those agencies as well.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 5
HiggsBoson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012,6:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(This is my real name @ Dec. 11 2012,5:30 pm)

(White Pride @ Dec. 11 2012,4:59 pm)

Oh no. There are FAR worse organizations to give to, including some specialize in giving to specific groups, such as veterans and the disabled.

I don't recall exactly what groups were on the list without doing a Google search I don't have time for right now. But there are some organizations that keep upwards of 90 percent of what they take in for "administrative costs".

If you give to the UW, specify an agency and 99.5-100 percent of your donation will go to that agency. (Ask first.) Alternatively, you can give directly to those agencies as well.

I agree with TIMRN.

However, I really dislike having a paid administrator in Albert Lea who seems to have enough time to spend worrying about getting murals painted on walls in town (such as the new Quiznos mural).  I'm all for public art, but why are our United Way dollars paying her to do something this far out of the scope of the United Way?
 Post Number: 6
White Pride Search for posts by this member.
weißer Stolz

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012,2:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But there are some organizations that keep upwards of 90 percent of what they take in for "administrative costs".

that describes the UW in every way

--------------
Dr. Pride here

I'm an ENGLISH speaking white GERMAN-AMERICAN, and DAMN PROUD OF IT!

What bothers people more... the fact others disagree w/them, or that the others just might be right after all?

If you're being stupid, acting stupid, or just plain stupid, I will not hesitate to let u know!
 Post Number: 7
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012,6:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Or you could just cut out the middleman and give $5 to the guy on the corner with the cardboard sign. :D

Expatriate will appreciate this. :D

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
6 replies since Dec. 04 2012,2:38 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply United Way Admin Costs
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon