[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The Tea Party, Explained< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hymiebravo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2012,9:16 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is a memo to America’s hippies:

Tea Party values are hippie values.

You heard me right. The Tea Party is the one social movement in contemporary America that can rightfully claim to be the ideological heir to the original hippie movement that started in the mid-’60s. And because of this, all current hippies and ex-hippies should support the Tea Party, and by extension Tea Party candidates.

I’d like to have a private heart-to-heart talk with my fellow hippies here, so can the rest of you please stop reading now and leave us alone for a while? Thanks.

Let’s Rap

If you, as a hippie, think the thesis of this essay couldn’t possibly be true, you’ve been paying too much attention to the mainstream media. The Tea Party has been intentionally misrepresented, villainized and smeared by the powers-that-be. But this too is a feature that the Tea Party shares with hippies — the hippie movement was itself misrepresented and smeared by a different mainstream media over 40 years ago.

This essay will elucidate in a fresh way how Tea Partiers are the true heirs to the hippie ethos. When you’ve finished reading, you’ll see the Tea Party in a new light and (hopefully) understand that you may have been on the wrong side of the fence until now.

In short, the Tea Party and the hippie movement share four fundamental core values:
• A craving for independence;
• a celebration of individualism;
• joy in the freedom offered by self-sufficiency;
• and an acceptance of the natural order of things.

Further Explanation:
http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=1644
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Funkadelic Zombie Hunter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2012,11:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Seriously hymie....do you actually believe this load of manure or are you and al droppin acid together again? :dunce:

--------------
The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. - Plato  

Nancy Pelosi..."dissent the highest form of patriotism"

Obama LIED people DIED

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
 Post Number: 3
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2012,5:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Funk, leave him alone, he just got back from treatment and he's a little fragil. 'might have to tweak his lithium dose a touch. :D

Oh, and one more thing, use emoticons alot, he loves them. :cool:

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 4
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2012,7:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He's an old hippie and don't know what to do, hang onto the old or grab onto the new.
David & Howard

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2012,7:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok... since we "have the same values"  :dunce:

I will have to corrupt hymie we WILL start off by hymie taking a bath or shower that is not negotiable I am a tolerant person I will allow the long hair "if neat" NO patchouli oil. Camouflage is like tie dye so that isn't a big shock to the system he will have to get use to a cigar and a nice bourbon, their will be no magic vw bus just a pick up truck with four wheel drive. Also no vegan crap allowed vegan is another word for "bad hunter" and I don't share I am not into free love crap.

In my best Gunnery Sergeant Hartman voice " they days of fornicating with dirty smelly hairy hippies are OVER!" :rockon:

--------------
The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. - Plato  

Obama LIED people DIED

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
 Post Number: 6
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2012,12:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

• a celebration of individualism;

This is a big problem here, these days - radical individualism. There is no sense of the collective good, anymore.

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2012,7:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't mind collective good ie the government is suppose to do certain things that the states are not equipped to do I have no beef with that, BUT if somebody else is not abusing the power of the government to force their will upon others then I have a problem with that. We were not founded as a collective we have rights that the collective are not allowed to have I enjoy my freedom to do what I want and I support others even if I disagree with them to do what they want as well.

I shall not give up freedom for a perceived sense of security because you will not have either one by the time government is done.

--------------

Obama LIED people DIED

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 30 2012,7:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok Hymie.... I read the whole thing while I may not agree on everything I will say it's an interesting read and worth reading :thumbsup:

--------------

Obama LIED people DIED

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 01 2012,7:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Self-Banished @ Oct. 30 2012,5:27 am)
Funk, leave him alone, he just got back from treatment and he's a little fragil. 'might have to tweak his lithium dose a touch. :D

Oh, and one more thing, use emoticons alot, he loves them. :cool:

And some people wonder; why a lot of members, aren't posting here anymore.

Do you suppose perhaps; they got sick of the ridiculous unfounded liable/slander-esque blithering like the above comment?

At some forums you wouldn't even  be allowed to comment period.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 04 2012,11:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Funkadelic Zombie Hunter @ Oct. 30 2012,7:58 pm)
Ok Hymie... I read the whole thing while I may not agree on everything I will say it's an interesting read and worth reading :thumbsup:

Nice that you finally got around to reading it; after the barrage of uncalled-for disparaging remarks.

Again; and people wonder why a lot of the former good posters at this discussion forum have stopped participating here.
10 replies since Oct. 29 2012,9:16 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The Tea Party
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon