Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 7 of 11<<34567891011>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Commissioner Elections, who will replace the "Troubled Trio"?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 61
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 04 2004,1:35 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

O.K., O.K., one of the people running in the 5th district works at the hospital, but that's all I'm telling until Tuesday.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 62
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2004,12:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's Tuesday MADDOG lay it on us..
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 63

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2004,12:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Patience, ICU812,  I've been at the county commissioner's meeting all morning.  At 2:45 today, at least 3 people will be filing.  I have notified the Tribune, KAAL, and KATE of the time.  They should be on hand.  After filing, I will post.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 64

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2004,5:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

O.K., here they are.  Four candidates all met at the courthouse this afternoon along with the Tribune and KAAL.  Film at 6:00.  Mr. Gabrielsen walked into everybody filing and the media.  Running against Mathiason: Kemlin Hart and Neal Gersvik.  Against Springborg:  Scott Knutson and Jim Nelson, and against Berhrends: Chad Hayson and still one undiclosed candidate who has not yet filed.

--------------
 Post Number: 65
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2004,5:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I decided the only way to really make a difference with the current county board is to get a seat at the big table, so, today I filed for the 5th District county commissioner seat.

I also met most of the other candidates today and they all seemed like great choices and hopefully we'll have a few new faces on the board next year.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 66
Newbie Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2004,5:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, I'll be looking forward to getting some background on Scott Knutson and Jim Nelson.  I'm in their ward.  Good luck Liberal.

--------------
People who don't like cats must have been mice in a previous life.

Never argue with an  idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
 Post Number: 67
spike Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2004,6:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good luck Lib!
 Post Number: 68
The Advocate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2004,9:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Chad Hayson, I am so happy that you are running against Behrends.  In the last election I ran against him and Ron Kraus.  I lost in the primary but felt I made a good showing with the amount of money I spent.  My husband and I had heard a rumor that Behrends spent about $11,000.00 and Kraus about $25,000.00 and compared to my roughly $550.00 I did not do too bad.  My suggestion to you is to really campaign hard in the high rise, senior towers, trailer court and southside of Albert Lea areas.  Go to each and every apartment and the Elder Care facilities.  I can remember that four years ago not one constituent I talked with was in favor of a new courthouse, not one.  I've said it before and I will say it again, had I been elected at least my vote would have stood with Belshans.  Why?  Because that is what the people wanted.  I never gave a rip what "the powers that be" wanted and never will.  I believe that you are an excellent person to represent the constituents of the 5th District because you have demonstrated time after time that you will dig, dig, dig.  You will not be intimidated and you cannot be swayed.  I know that you are Liberal on this post and what you did by your investigative diligence in regards to uncovering the Chamber scandal was beyond question one of the best efforts that I have seen anyone undertake in quite a long while.  I live in the 5th District as do many of my relatives and we are all voting for you.  Thanks again for throwing your hat in the ring.
 Post Number: 69
shaker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2004,9:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Glad to see you run Lib. I am also pleased to see the other candidites that are going to run, The people will have some very good choices, We may not to have got to vote on the "new" court house--but I think the taxpayers will still have the last word. :D
 Post Number: 70
DrBombay Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2004,9:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Very Cool! Liberal I will be spreading the word throughout the 5th ward too!  This is way better than we expected.  Good Luck--me and my family will do what we can for the cause!!! :D  :D  :D
104 replies since Apr. 01 2004,2:34 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 7 of 11<<34567891011>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Commissioner Elections
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon