[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 712345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Bass Passed (Bend in the Road)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2012,11:25 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Owner of the Bend in the Road was killed last nigh in a head on accident on Hwy 13.. Mike "Bass" Skov has been the partial owner of the Bend for several years.. RIP

Attached Image
Attached Image
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
countryboy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2012,11:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

God Bless, RIP Bass.  Prayers to his family.
 Post Number: 3
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2012,12:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A 47-year-old man died in a two-car, head-on crash Saturday night north of Albert Lea, Minn., authorities said.

According to the Minnesota State Patrol:

The man, from Albert Lea, had been driving northbound on Hwy. 13 about 10:40 p.m. when his 1993 Buick LeSabre crossed over into the southbound lane and collided with a 2008 Cadillac CTS.

The driver of the Cadillac, a 17-year-old boy from Freeborn, Minn., and two passengers -- a 27-year-old man from Wells, Minn., and a 16-year-old boy from New Richland, Minn. -- were taken to Albert Lea Medical Center, treated for injuries and released.

Alcohol was not detected in anyone involved, and all had been wearing seat belts.

Authorities had not yet released the victim's name.

Albert Lea is about 100 miles south of the Twin Cities.

http://www.startribune.com/local/147490795.html
 Post Number: 4
Ajax Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2012,4:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

SAD. Way to young to die.
 Post Number: 5
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 15 2012,10:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I see the Star Tribune updated the article.. "Alcohol not detected in anyone involved" has been dropped, replaced with "the accident remains under investigation."
 Post Number: 6
hymiebravo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2012,8:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It is kind of weird how names are posted almost instantaneously after an event like this now.

The media in the past usually waited to make sure the next of kin are notified before they report the names.

It would be quite a weird experience to learn of something of this nature via farcebook minutes after it happens.

That is if it was a close relative.
 Post Number: 7
hmmmnoidea Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2012,10:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

1.5 miles north of Albert Lea undivided hwy????? You have to get 3 miles out to get to the undivided hwy

--------------
There's no substitute for brains but silence helps a lot

Aliens, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2012,6:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.albertleatribune.com/2012...m-crash

Lessons must be learned from crash
Published 6:36am Sunday, April 22, 2012

My memory of Bass would be how he allegedly almost took three young innocent lives. I was upset to see a gathering being held at the Bend in the Road in memory of Bass with people having beers in their hand. How many of you drove home with alcohol in your system? Did we not learn anything from the allegations surrounding this tragic accident?

I know that those three innocent boys have learned an awful lot from this. They are emotionally upset after what they’ve seen. Not being able to close their eyes without seeing a man die in front of them, wishing they could have done something, anything to save him. They are afraid to get in their own car as they know they would have died if they were them. Their bodies in so much pain and their hearts are breaking into pieces.

How important it is that we use this accident as a way to teach children and other adults lessons. I don’t personally know Bass, but I would think he would want us to go down the right road. It’s not OK to take your own life in this manner or another’s.

With prom right around the corner, I hope you would use this as a tool to teach your children how important this is not to drink and drive. These three kids were doing nothing wrong. They were simply going to get something to eat. They had their seat belts on, were not speeding and were not under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. They were simply minding their own business when out of nowhere their lives took a turn.

These three boys will never be the same after what they saw and endured that tragic night. May God bless all the family and friends involved.

Tabitha Mithun

New Richland
 Post Number: 9
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2012,8:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Minnesota State Patrol has ordered a toxicology test on the driver of the Buick, Michael Skov, and is awaiting the results.

http://www.albertleatribune.com/2012...t-crash
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2012,9:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think this lady just ASSUMES he was DWI.  The weather was raining hard also that night. Makes it harder to see at night vs daytime rain.
60 replies since Apr. 15 2012,11:25 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 712345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Bass Passed (Bend in the Road)
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon