[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Bancroft Bay Gold, Disc golf< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hymiebravo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2012,7:50 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What a waste of a potential housing development area.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2012,8:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^ What a waste of O2

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 3
sumpdump Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2012,11:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:rofl:

--------------
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
 Post Number: 4
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2012,4:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yup, need more houses for that population explosion once they get those two freeways done. :oops:

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 5
jimhanson Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2012,4:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The area can't be a housing development.

About 35 years ago, the land was acquired by the city in response to an FAA requirement for building-free zones off the end of the runway.  About 15 years ago, I discovered that the city had never been reimbursed for the expenditure--land acquisition is the only thing the FAA will fund retroactively.

When the FAA mandated that the airport install a deer fence on the airport boundary after a deer/airplane collision, I asked if the fence could be installed closer to the runway, and let the land be part of the park.  It would cut down on mowing, and the public could get some good out of it.  The alternative would be to get someone to farm it--hardly worthwhile due to the small size and location.  FAA had no objections, as long as the airport retained ownership and that it was zoned for no housing or commercial development.

The city allowed the disc golf to be constructed there--but the airport land is now part of the park.  Everybody wins.

--------------
"If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.  If you want to anger a LIBERAL, tell him the TRUTH!"
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2012,8:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was just being facetious with my initial comment. I opted for a subtle less obvious method of communicating by leaving off the sarcasm sign.

I borrowed that method from the great Albert Lea Discussion funny person, OU812. It makes for a delayed kind of joke grenade.

But given that Jim gave us that interesting, and informative, background story about the area. It sort of turned out to be a good thing, anyway.

But all that aside.

That is a very beautiful area out there. At one time it was a very underused space. Which actually added to its charm in some ways.

The last time I was there it appeared to be picking up quite a bit as far as visitors go.

The mosquitoes where a bit thick though.
 Post Number: 7
Counterfeit Fake Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2012,8:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hymiebravo @ Apr. 13 2012,7:50 am)

(edited after seeing Hymie was being sarcastic)

I would rather see disc golf and parks around the lake than cemeteries or a hospital.  Talk about a waste of taxable land.

--------------
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

--  Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2012,8:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Counterfeit Fake @ Apr. 14 2012,8:49 am)

(hymiebravo @ Apr. 13 2012,7:50 am)

Based on this comment, I am guessing you were all for the development being put in at the old country club.  
I would rather see disc golf and parks around the lake than cemeteries or a hospital.  Talk about a waste of taxable land.

No I was kidding. Sorry I didn't make it more obvious.

I agree, for the most part, about the hospital and cemeteries comment, too.
 Post Number: 9
Counterfeit Fake Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2012,8:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry, saw that right after I posted.

--------------
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

--  Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2012,9:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some people even go as far as to say all cemeteries are a waste of land. lol
20 replies since Apr. 13 2012,7:50 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Bancroft Bay Gold
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon