[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 512345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Voters are Fed Up< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,5:27 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Democrats only need 24 seats to win the House back.

The math is simple: There are 61 seats President Obama won now held by Republicans – including 18 districts won by Senator Kerry in 2004.
Winning 10 of 18 Kerry-Obama seats and 15 of 43 Obama-only seats, that’s 25 seats, more than enough to win the Majority:

Our message is breaking through. Voters are fed up with Republicans playing political games with our economy and their plans to end Medicare.

The latest polls show a serious case of buyer’s remorse:

Gallup poll (August 12th): Democrats lead Republicans in the generic ballot by 7 points (51-44).

PPP poll (August 10th): Independent voters overwhelmingly disapprove of the Republican Majority in the House (68 disapprove/20 approve). If the election was today, PPP thinks Democrats would win the House.

More than the how, it’s the why we are doing this.

We’re fighting to create jobs. We’re fighting to protect the rights of women, workers, seniors, and the middle class.

Republicans are fighting to end Medicare to pay for more tax breaks for Big Oil and right-wing special interests. Simply put, the Tea Party agenda is not working for middle-class Americans.

24 seats puts us back in charge so we can create jobs, protect Medicare and Social Security, and out-innovate, out-educate, and out-build the rest of the world.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,5:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've seen the same thing from Republitards.  In the end it doesn't matter.
Until we get rid of this two party system and find a candidate that REALLY works FOR the people the cycle will continue.
And none of the candidates in the field thus far are that candidate IMO.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 3
Duck Hunter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As long as Obummer is no longer POTUS I dont care what happens.  Congress messes up enough, Obama just makes everything worse.
 Post Number: 4
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,8:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So what do you think it would take to find and then elect a "Mr. Bill" type?

Let's be honest.  Short of an armed conflict, it will never happen.

One only needs to look at how the left has smeared the tea party.  The liberal elite's have done a good enough job in getting the local loons to believe the lies.  Would it be any different from the RINO's?

Nuff said...
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,8:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

IF there were a tea party version from the left the Republicans would smear them the same way we are seeing them to do to the tea party. They are not the innocent victim here.
Truth be told, I think the average, politically unaligned person (like me) is really fed up with the whole system.  Thus the birth of the tea party.  Problem is the tea party has been hijacked by ideologues for the most part.
IMO, the true basis of the TEA party is fiscal conservatism, which historically has been the Repbulican platform of the past.  Thus the tendency of the party to lean toward the republican side.
Problem I see is that there are a lot of people like me that are fiscally conservative, but very much a social moderate, and therefore won't vote for a tea party candidate most likely.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 6
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,9:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As long as Obummer is no longer POTUS I dont care what happens.

Would you feel better if Biden were President?

Does anyone think a liberal republican Mormon can be elected president, or a half term Alaskan, a Texan that jogs with a laser sighted pistol, or an Iowan that thinks Elvis was killed on his birthday?

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,10:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

[QUOTE=Glad I Left]
Problem I see is that there are a lot of people like me that are fiscally conservative, but very much a social moderate, and therefore won't vote for a tea party candidate most likely.

[quote=Liberal,Aug. 24 2011,9:59 pm]

Does anyone think a liberal republican Mormon can be elected president, or a half term Alaskan, a Texan that jogs with a laser sighted pistol, or an Iowan that thinks Elvis was killed on his birthday?

I rest my case.  And  :rofl: about it too.  That was funny stuff Lib!

--------------
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,10:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

and to be fair Lib, he wasn't killed on his bday, he died of a drug overdose.  TO be killed would imply that someone else did it.
And although it is fun to bash the whack job Bachman, people do say a lot of dumb things. I mean Pelosi said that being a woman is a pre-existing condition  :dunce:

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,10:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:D I think you're right, but can't you be killed by a drug overdose?

Bachman will never get the nomination, but it's sure going to be funny watching her fail.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 10
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 24 2011,11:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Common Citizen @ Aug. 24 2011,8:23 pm)
So what do you think it would take to find and then elect a "Mr. Bill" type?

Let's be honest.  Short of an armed conflict, it will never happen.

One only needs to look at how the left has smeared the tea party.  The liberal elite's have done a good enough job in getting the local loons to believe the lies.  Would it be any different from the RINO's?

Nuff said...

Both you and GIL are really good at playing your Fantasy Politics.. :laugh:
49 replies since Aug. 24 2011,5:27 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 512345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Voters are Fed Up
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon