Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: FBI Wants Surplus Stores To Spy on Customers< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2011,10:39 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

FBI Handout Lists Purchase of Preparedness Items as “Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities”

An FBI Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force handout being distributed to Colorado military surplus store owners lists the purchase of popular preparedness items and firearms accessories as “suspicious” and “potential indicators of terrorist activities,” instructing store owners to keep records on and report people who:

“Make bulk purchase of items to include:

Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers

Meals Ready to Eat

Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks

High capacity magazines

Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles”

The FBI handout, entitled “Communities Against Terrorism: Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Military Surplus Stores” also instructs surplus store owners to:

“Require valid ID from all new customers.

Keep records of purchases.

Talk to customers, ask questions, and

listen to and observe their responses.

Watch for people and actions that are out of place.

Make note of suspicious statements, people, and /or vehicles.

If something seems wrong, notify law enforcement authorities.”

The handout also instructs surplus store owners to consider as “suspicious” anyone who “demands identity ‘privacy’” or anyone who expresses “extreme religious statements” and those who “make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, [or] radical theology.”

The “Communities Against Terrorism” flyer closes by stating:

Preventing terrorism is a community effort. By learning what to look for, you can make a positive contribution in the fight against terrorism. The partnership between the community and law enforcement is essential to the success of anti -terrorism efforts.

Some of the activities, taken individually, could be innocent and must be examined by law enforcement professionals in a larger context to  determine whether there is a basis to investigate. The activities outlined on this handout are by no means all-inclusive but have been compiled from a review of terrorist events over several years.

The handout encourages surplus store owners and employees to provide information on “suspicious” customers by calling the Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force or the Colorado Information Analysis Center. This handout is very nearly identical to one issued by the FBI to gun stores from Connecticut to Utah: PDF

This new handout expands the absurdity by now also targeting customers of military surplus stores, and by specifically targeting the purchasing of very common, and very popular, preparedness items such as Meals Ready to Eat (MRE’s) as “potential indicators of terrorist activities.”

While this particular handout is being given to military surplus store owners in Colorado, it is nearly certain that similar versions are being handed out by Joint Terrorism Task Forces in other states.
Full PDF Handout

source http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/08/10/7769/

Seems our govt has gotten a little  :crazy:
Paranoid and over react much, FEDS?

Wouldn't do much good down here, as 99.99% of the population is always stocking up on survival supplies.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Stone-Magnon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2011,1:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They've had banks spy on customers for years. It's all part of the drug war the GOP and DEMS wanted.

It's called, "know your customer". And now you know the rest of the story...good day!

--------------
...everybody must get stoned

-Bob Dylan
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2011,4:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The handout also instructs surplus store owners to consider as “suspicious” anyone who “demands identity ‘privacy’” or anyone who expresses “extreme religious statements” and those who “make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, [or] radical theology.”

If a guy with a darker complexion is in a military surplus store talking about the evil United States and how great Allah is, and he's buying a boatload of stuff with cash, would you think that he is someone that the DHS should probably know about?

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
 Post Number: 4
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2011,6:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Aug. 12 2011,4:52 pm)

If a guy with a darker complexion is in a military surplus store talking about the evil United States and how great Allah is, and he's buying a boatload of stuff with cash, would you think that he is someone that the DHS should probably know about?

Do we really need a directive to react correctly to your obviously extreme example?

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 5
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2011,7:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Islamist terrorists are not known to hang out in local Army-Navy surplus stores, stocking up on MRE’s, high capacity magazines and bi-pods for their long range rifles.   As Brandon Smith, over at Alt-market.com notes, “These are very common purchases, not for terrorists, but for Preppers and Survivalists, who are obviously the targets of the FBI profile, not secret Al-Qaeda agents.”  Spot on. Obviously the current crop of FBI “leadership” considers anyone who wants to be self-sufficient and prepared to be a “threat” that should be relentlessly tracked and reported.

--------------
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
 Post Number: 6
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2011,7:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Islamic terrorist utilized local flight training centers, why wouldn't they use army/navy surplus stores?

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 7
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2011,9:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

GD, they just want to know who is doing what, when and where. It is not necessarily Islamic Terrorists, they are keeping their eyes ears and noses at. It might just be good old Americans. :;):

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 8
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 12 2011,9:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(grassman @ Aug. 12 2011,9:01 pm)
GD, they just want to know who is doing what, when and where. It is not necessarily Islamic Terrorists, they are keeping their eyes ears and noses at. It might just be good old Americans. :;):

It is really none of the feds business what an individual does or buys during a legal transaction.  Buying things in bulk or buying survival provisions is legal.  What is so wrong about being prepared?  NOTHING!  I just don't understand this implied fear and making everyone suspicious of another person all at the hands of the govt pushing this fear, and the desire to further a false sense of security VS Essential Liberties.  I hope anyone who is asked to show ID or is asked invasive questions about their purchases, tells the shop keep to mind their own business.  4TH Amendment anyone? :dunno:

Does our current govt really hate independent thinkers and those who wish to rely on themselves instead of an overbearing govt? :dunno:

Have we really become a bunch of tattle tales and wimpy?

Well I'm no snitch and it is really NONE of my business what another buys.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Wolfie Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2011,1:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I get asked all the time when I purchase items "what are you going to use that for?", especially when I bring in a part of the item I am working on to match say threads on hardware or spacing on something.  My stock answer is "really its none of your business".  Sometimes the clerk presses but they get no answers.  I live by the idea that a human mind thought it up a human mind can fix it or improve it.  So I give it a try, its nobody elses business what I am up to.

--------------
Many good men have died to guarantee your freedoms, live your life like it was worth dying for.

I have the ability to make the 1200 meter shot, but some targets deserve the up close kill, where you can watch the life leave the eyes while the blood ebbs from the body.
 Post Number: 10
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2011,1:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Agreed Wolfie.
I get asked that question as well, irritates the hell out of me.
A nice kindly "Mind your fracking business" works just fine.

Also I got to ask.  What in the hell is a night flashlight?  Is this any different than a day flashlight? :rofl:  Stupid God damn govt.  :crazy:

--------------
16 replies since Aug. 11 2011,10:39 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply FBI Wants Surplus Stores To Spy on Customers
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon