[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 1412345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Tuttle sentencing scheduled for August< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Stone-Magnon Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2011,12:46 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tuttle sentencing scheduled for August
Published 6:16am Friday, July 22, 2011
Email     Comments

Former Freeborn County Commissioner Linda Tuttle is slated to be sentenced Aug. 23 in federal court in Minneapolis after she pleaded guilty in April to one felony charge of wire fraud.

U.S. District Court Judge David S. Doty is slated to conduct the sentencing, which is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m.

Linda Tuttle

Tuttle admitted in April to taking funds from escrow accounts at her business, Albert Lea Abstract, and diverting them to her own purposes.

The police investigation said she spent the money — about $1 million — to support a gambling addiction.

Look to the Tribune for more information on this story.

Yet once again the Tribune does not tell the whole story. She spent one million but also WON $600,000. She essentially stole a million dollars and converted it into about $600,000 cash winnings over time. This $600,000 did not simply disappear. It went somewhere and we know it went home with Miss Tuttle.

Face it, our city and county are riddled with criminal like minds, I've seen it. It's so damn inbred it's scary and do you know what really makes me mad? It's when I see people who I know would cut the rope on the ladder to save themselves get away with it. People with no conscience or soul.

Rhonda Mowen and Corey Farris. Corey Farris would like nothing more than to see a persons life ruined over marijuana both civilly and criminally. He will even violate a persons civil rights to do so yet when he admits to child abuse HE wants a total break.  Now let's look at Rhonda. She wrote letters to the State! She insisted Norman be punished! Yet...she wants to get away with stealing from the city by doing the exact same thing. This is the true sickness of the new America. It's OK to destroy others as long as you look out for number one. In my mind people like Rhonda and Corey are evil and really bad people

--------------
...everybody must get stoned

-Bob Dylan
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2011,2:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A slap with a wet noodle, can't you just feel the pain of her probable sentence?

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 3
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2011,4:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

U.S. District Court Judge David S. Doty has quite a shaded history.  He is also know quite well in NFL circle, particularly the Reggie White settlement.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 4
AL LAW Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2011,12:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(MADDOG @ Jul. 22 2011,4:20 pm)
U.S. District Court Judge David S. Doty has quite a shaded history.  He is also know quite well in NFL circle, particularly the Reggie White settlement.

I will be the Judge of that.

--------------
Here comes the Judge.   :peaceout:
 Post Number: 5
Duck Hunter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2011,10:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Destroy others watching out for #1.  

Sounds exactly like what a drug dealer does.

I have never seen a total number of money she stole, so we really don't know if your fuzzy math adds up.

Lets say I stole 400,000 from you.  Won 600,000, then lost a millon.  How much would I have left?  I dont think we will ever know how much she has hid where, but hopefully she will be put away for awhile and have all assets siezed.
 Post Number: 6
Duck Hunter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 23 2011,10:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Destroy others watching out for #1.  

Sounds exactly like what a drug dealer does.

I have never seen a total number of money she stole, so we really don't know if your fuzzy math adds up.

Lets say I stole 400,000 from you.  Won 600,000, then lost a millon.  How much would I have left?  I dont think we will ever know how much she has hid where, but hopefully she will be put away for awhile and have all assets siezed.
 Post Number: 7
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 08 2011,11:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Catch her letter to the editor today.
At this point in the process I am now able to write this letter. I want to ask forgiveness from the victims, the community, my former employees, my husband and children, family and friends for the hurt and damage I have caused. I know that asking forgiveness and saying I am sorry will never make up for the loss of money, loss of trust and the trauma that I have put everyone through.

I take full responsibility for the crime that I committed and I will serve my time as the court orders. I will do all that is possible to try and pay back restitution, but I understand that paying back the money cannot make up for the people’s trust that I have abused. I pray that someday I will again be able to earn the respect from my community, family and friends that I so recklessly and irresponsibly threw away.

As the judicial part of this process is almost complete and I will start to serve whatever sentence the court gives me, I will continue to reflect on the injustice I have done and by doing so I hope to gain wisdom and insight and look forward to the time of my release so that I can start to give back to the community that I have loved and called home for 58 years. Thank you.

Linda K. Tuttle-Olson

Albert Lea

I ripped you off

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 8
Stone-Magnon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 08 2011,5:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's just a prepared lawyers statement.

"I will do all that is possible to try and pay back restitution"

Really Linda, then why did you sell your house and shield that money from seizure before you were convicted? And where is the $600,000 you won gambling away a million dollars of other peoples money.

I'll believe your sincerity when hell freezes over.

--------------
...everybody must get stoned

-Bob Dylan
 Post Number: 9
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 08 2011,6:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She makes it sound like she threw herself on the mercy of the court.  But she got the best lawyer possible and tried to get the best deal she could.  She keeps her assets, they keep the guns in her house as long as he hides the key...  I can't think of a blue-collar criminal ever getting that kind of deal.

If you were caught with drugs, some DWI offenses, soliciting prostitution, or any number of other crimes you see in the paper or on TV they'd take the car, house, maybe even whatever you have in your wallet.  You can have a lawyer, but since they just took everything you've got in civil forfeiture you'll have a hard time coming up with a retainer to fight it.
:soapbox:

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 10
Mamma Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 09 2011,7:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

She didn't sell her house and hide the money. Do you really think that house was paid for? More than likely she sold it because it would have been hard to make payments without a paycheck.  You seem to think she has a pile of stolen money hid somewhere...I don't think that is the case.

--------------
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.
130 replies since Jul. 22 2011,12:46 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 1412345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Tuttle sentencing scheduled for August
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon