Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Shoplifting At WalMart?, Guilty Or Not Guilty?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Hobo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2011,12:32 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Do you feel this lady is Guilty or Not Guilty?    :dunno:

Misplaced item wasn’t shoplifted
Published 12:29pm Saturday, July 2, 2011

Email    Comments .
.I feel I need to share the incident I experienced at a giant retailer in Albert Lea on June 16. I had placed a small object from the cosmetic department in the “child seat” where I put my purse so that it wouldn’t fall through the open areas in the cart. I then went to the grocery department and when checking out, I forgot about that object.

I was stopped by security as I went through the first door — not outside — and was told I hadn’t paid for that object that was in my purse.

I said, “Oh, my God, I forgot it, and it’s not in my purse.”

I went back to the cashier and paid for it. I thought that was the end of it. I was then taken into a room and “written up” for shoplifting! So be sure you have everything out of your cart at the check out. I wouldn’t want any other innocent person to go through this. I told the security person that I hoped they catch the people who really do shoplift. As of now, the police haven’t come to my door.

Sharon Seidel.

(  I think she is Guilty even if she didn't put the item in her purse because the customer needs to place all items on the checkout area.)

--------------
In this town all the city leaders are related. It's called Incest.   :p
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2011,12:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It is not shoplifting until she leaves the store.
Also you DO NOT have to show your receipt when leaving the store either, they have no RIGHT to detain you.

People forget and mistakes are made, it is obvious she had no intention of lifting an item.  I know I have done it, and promptly returned to the checkout and paid for it, no harm no foul.

Someone was on authority trip, and was being a dick!!!

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2011,10:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We have once or twice forgotten a smaller item in the cart while checking out, then gone back in to pay for it after realizing our mistake. It happens.

Depending specifically how this was handled by the store, the store employees may have violated the law. That could be why she hasn't heard anything from the police. If that's the case, depending how she was treated, she could possibly file a suit against the store. False accusations are serious business.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 4
mngroomer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2011,3:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I almost did the same thing, has some makeup on the bottom of my cart, then went and got a huge bag of dog food, when I threw the dog food in the cart it hid the makeup, when I paid for the dog food the lady didn't pick the bag up because it was so heavy and just scanned it with the cordless scanner, when I went to leave I remembered it was under the dog food and paid for it before I went threw the scanners! I was lucky, and I say the LADY IS NOT GUILTY!!!!!!!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
White Pride Search for posts by this member.
weißer Stolz

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 09 2011,10:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Grinning_Dragon @ Jul. 03 2011,12:56 pm)
It is not shoplifting until she leaves the store.
Also you DO NOT have to show your receipt when leaving the store either, they have no RIGHT to detain you.

If I go through the "scanners" and they go off, I keep walking.  I have been chased out the door a few times by "security" but never have they tried to detain me.  Last time I checked, you have to physically leave the last door out the store before law can cite you for shoplifting, but I haven't had any reason to check on that law in many years.

--------------
Dr. Pride here

I'm an ENGLISH speaking white GERMAN-AMERICAN, and DAMN PROUD OF IT!

What bothers people more... the fact others disagree w/them, or that the others just might be right after all?

If you're being stupid, acting stupid, or just plain stupid, I will not hesitate to let u know!
4 replies since Jul. 03 2011,12:32 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Shoplifting At WalMart?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon