[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: streets in albert lea< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
bajapatti Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2011,7:58 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can anyone tell me what on earth they're doing to our streets here in Albert Lea?  Going down Garfield it's like an obstacle course :(
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ControlledHyperness Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2011,8:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

THANK YOU!!!! I have had the same thought...and the teens think that they get automatic right of gway at the intersection by THornecrest...even if it isn't theirs to have. E 8th has the same course with new obsticals if you want to try that one...

--------------
I once had a thought...then it ran off before I could remember what it was...
 Post Number: 3
turbo08 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2011,9:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i think they are getting ready to lay blacktop over garfield
 Post Number: 4
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 30 2011,9:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't complain at least you still have some street repair.. If the Republicans get their way in St.Paul you'll be back to gravel roads...

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 5
bajapatti Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 01 2011,6:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, my only hope here is that they actually "finish" the work instead of leaving it that way for weeks to months at a time.
 Post Number: 6
Blackdog Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 01 2011,8:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Theres no reason that they need to be like that this long.
Are intelligent city hires a construction company thats not even local.

What a bunch of idiots.
 Post Number: 7
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2011,10:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Expatriate @ Jun. 30 2011,9:43 pm)
Don't complain at least you still have some street repair.. If the Republicans get their way in St.Paul you'll be back to gravel roads...

Well something has to give to fund your welfare state...and if that means going back to gravel roads to pay for it, then so be it.

Oh wait...just make the rich pay for all your programs.  Tax the $h!+ out of them all so that others like them will flock here from states like Florida.   :sarcasm:
 Post Number: 8
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2011,1:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Taxes go up regardless, we learned that under the T-Paw days.  It's a question of which pocket it will come out of, a regressive or a progressive tax system.  You can argue cuts, but why muddy the water considering republicans already showed us that their idea of waste was roads, schools, and LGA.  Now, do you believe that your property, sales, and sin (cigs/liquor) taxes won't go up AGAIN under what the repubs have planned for the state?

I had someone call me before last election to ask what I thought of Emmer versus Dayton.  He told me he didn't want his taxes to go up, so he was thinking of voting Emmer or Horner.  I asked him how much all those other taxes and fees went up in the last 8 years under that "no new taxes" strategy the repubs had?  Yep, sounds great on talk radio, doesn't happen that way in real life.  That's why repubs aren't doing much for the property owners of greater MN, but they're sure ready to shut the state down to defend the millionaires.   :;):

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 9
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2011,6:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Common:
Well something has to give to fund your welfare state...and if that means going back to gravel roads to pay for it, then so be it.

It never ceases to amaze me those who claim to be Christians are always the first to deny the sick the poor the dignity of a helping hand, yet they're the first to call for needlessly squandering trillions on wars and tax cuts for billionaires...

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 10
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2011,7:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Expatriate @ Jul. 03 2011,6:47 pm)
Common:

It never ceases to amaze me those who claim to be Christians are always the first to deny the sick the poor the dignity of a helping hand, yet they're the first to call for needlessly squandering trillions on wars and tax cuts for billionaires...

It never ceases to amaze me at those who like to throw around Govt welfare as being a Christian act.

The idea that government-sponsored welfare programs to assist the needy are compatible with, and justified by, Christian philosophy is probably the most widespread erroneous belief that permeates American society, and is hastening the destruction of freedom in the United States. This tragic flaw in the thinking of both well-educated and uneducated Christians has already brought misery to millions, and if this thinking persists in this country, it will result in economic chaos followed by political totalitarianism.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
15 replies since Jun. 30 2011,7:58 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply streets in albert lea
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon