[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Warrant needed?, Police bust party< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Rosalind_Swenson Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,9:24 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If police receive a 911 hang up call, and while responding to the address, the lights inside the home are shut off, and entry is not allowed, do the police really need to get a search warrant to gain entry? I thought police could enter with no warrant in cases such as that. Could someone please clarify this for me. This is from the Tribune on a party that was busted Saturday.  http://www.albertleatribune.com/2011/05/23/police-deputies-bust-parties/comment-page-1/#comment-1712  
Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested four people for illegal consumption after receiving a 911 hangup call at 2:55 a.m. Saturday from 510 Main St. in Hartland.

As deputies approached the house, the people inside turned off the lights and refused to open the door.

Deputies obtained a search warrant to get into the house and arrested a juvenile occupant for a social host violation and minor consumption.

I am not in any way condoning underage drinking, I am just curious why the police would need to go get a warrant to enter the house, also I thought a land line was needed for 911 to know what address is calling. This home has no land line.

--------------
And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,9:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

See 4th Amendment.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,9:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just guessing that the police must assume the worse case scenario...when a 9-1-1 call is interupted.

Wouldn't the average person be suspicious of the situation when suddenly the lights go out & the occupant refuses to answer the door after a 9-1-1 call is made?

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,9:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I read and understand the 4th amendment, but I thought that in cases such as this the police didn't need a warrant. What if it was a home break in and someone was being hurt? I really thought there was some sort of loophole, or amendment to the amendment if it involved a 911 hang up call. Also, how about the fact that there is no land line in the house? How was the address located in the first place, I thought cell phone calls couldn't be located.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Stone-Magnon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,10:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't worry, the police have a stack warrants to be rubber stamped if need be by the judges. They're like Mikey. they'll sign anything.

--------------
...everybody must get stoned

-Bob Dylan
 Post Number: 6
stardust17 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,12:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hmmmm...I heard from someone who was at the party that the police stopped someone in a car leaving the party and arrested them. This incident led police back to the residence.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,1:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

stardust, you sure you're thinking of the right party? Two were busted Saturday night, one in Albert Lea, one in Hartland.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
pantalonesverdes Search for posts by this member.
Rob ('n hood)

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,3:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rosalind_Swenson @ May 25 2011,10:46 am)
How was the address located in the first place, I thought cell phone calls couldn't be located.

Magic, perhaps?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
stardust17 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,10:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rosalind_Swenson @ May 25 2011,1:35 pm)
stardust, you sure you're thinking of the right party? Two were busted Saturday night, one in Albert Lea, one in Hartland.

Wrong party again!!!  :rofl:

Sorry!
 Post Number: 10
Stone-Magnon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 25 2011,10:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thou shall not party in MN. To do so invites risk of arrest and prosecution. If it looks like you're having any fun at all we need to put a stop to it immediately.
Now look, if we're all gonna live in this hell hole together, we're all gonna suffer together as well, you know the program.

Next, we're thinking about instituting 10 cent smile fines because it can add up and our police and fire always need more funds.

--------------
...everybody must get stoned

-Bob Dylan
11 replies since May 25 2011,9:24 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Warrant needed?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon