Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 1212345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: New City Manager charged with felony, We just can't catch a break lately< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,2:51 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Newly hired City Manager Jim Norman has been charged by way of summons with two felonies and one gross misdemeanor in connection with alleged misuse of public funds.

His charges include:

• One felony count of permitting false claims against government by a public officer

• One felony count of theft with the intent to exercise temporary control

• One gross misdemeanor count of misconduct by a public officer

The charges were filed Thursday by the Waseca County Attorney’s Office after an investigation by the Waseca Police Department.

Look to www.albertleatribune.com for more.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
GEOKARJO Search for posts by this member.
Google This!!!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,3:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How will this affect his employment? Does he have to be convicted or will he be suspended until the outcome of his trial? He should plea guilty and resign and save us the money of having to convict him.
 Post Number: 3
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,3:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is it true or not that he was told he cold charge stuff as part of his move and then reimburse the city later after getting settled in?

All these charges against people in positions of trust makes me very sad.   :(

--------------
metis movement
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 4
gijoeman Search for posts by this member.
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,4:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is just comical at this point. City of misfits was my first impression and it'll be my last impression.
 Post Number: 5
Alfy Packer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,4:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lets get that consulting group that brought us Ms. Vicky, and Mr. Norman and pay them somemore money!  I don't mind spending money for value! :sarcasm:

Maybe we could go back to the old list and find another city manager out of that group?  O' that's right, most of them were tarnished too.
 Post Number: 6
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,5:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Court records showed the following transactions on Norman’s city credit card:

• May 15, AmercInn Motel, Albert Lea, $281.43

• May 17, Hy-Vee, Albert Lea, $34.12

• May 17, Shell Oil, Albert Lea, $37.44

• May 19, AmericInn Hotel, Albert Lea, $209.70

• May 20, Holiday Store, Owatonna, $26.35

• May 21, LDPOST.com, 617-489-5952, Mass., $10

• May 25, Kiev Foods, Prior Lake, $13.58

• May 25, AmericInn Motel, Albert Lea, $104.85

• May 26, Trucker’s Inn, Faribault, $35.57

• May 27, Christo’s Union Depot, St. Paul, $57.25

• May 27, Traffic Operations, 651-487-7207, $12

• May 27, Green Mill Restaurant, Albert Lea, $61.37

• May 28, Hy-Vee, Albert Lea, $16.35

• May 28, Hy-Vee Gas, Albert Lea, $33.58

• May 28, Country Inn & Suites, $115.89

• May 28, Country Market, Albert Lea, $21.17

• May 28, Walmart, Albert Lea, $19.23

• May 29, Kwik Trip, LaCrosse, Wis., $32.55

• May 29, Kwik Trip, LaCrosse, Wis., $10.51

• May 30, Jeff HWY Lil STR, Rochester, $33.93

• May 30, Shopko, Albert Lea, $7.99

• May 30, Hy-Vee, Albert Lea, $59.58

• May 30, Pilot, Mauston, Wis., $20.60

• May 31, Walmart, Albert Lea, $31.57

• May 31, Shell Oil, Albert Lea, $3.84

• June 1, Herberger’s, Albert Lea, $59.99

• June 1, The Home Depot, Albert Lea, $973.01

• June 2, Kwik Trip, Albert Lea, $33.78

• June 3, Thompson Sanitation, Clarks Grove, $64.51

• June 3, LDPOST.com, 617-489-5952, Mass., $20

• June 26, Radisson Hotel, St. Cloud, $120.87

• July 13, County Market, Albert Lea, $71.30

• July 14, Shell Oil, Austin, $35.77

• July 15, Wedgewood Cove Golf Club, Albert Lea, $71.30

“Obviously I don’t agree with many of the items in the investigation,” he said. “It’s in my best interest to get an attorney.”

Hire Peggy Roskow Eskins best criminal defense in town she could get you off.
 Post Number: 7
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,5:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Geo, thanks for the details.

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 8
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,5:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would like to be a fly on the wall in that household right now it seems to me there could be some unusual hotel charges prepaid phone card and diner charges.
 Post Number: 9
gijoeman Search for posts by this member.
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,6:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This whole thing is weird. Y give this guy a card then?

Let me get this straight. They give this guy a charge card and say he's authorized to use it for expenses and then charge him with crimes when they don't like what he charged? That's not right. You let the individual submit a claim for reimbursement. This way the guy knows up front that he may end up paying all or part of that radisson Hotel bill or groceries.  The city blind sided this guy and that's no way to start a relationship.  This council is not fit to govern. When they gave him a credit card, they authorized these expenses. These charges will be thrown out of court. Someone has an ax to grind with this guy.  Prolly a cop.

*addition:

After reading the story in the Tribune it's clear to me that BOTH are at fault here, but probably more so the new city guy who was broke with ZERO credit and so had to use our credit. I know minimum wage employees credit checked...why not this guy?

And why does the city give department heads these cards and trust them in the first place? That's just plain wrong.  They should be writing claims and filling out purchase orders or requisitions.  It's too easy for anyone to cheat on small purchases(anyone could nickel and dime us to death with these cards and we have Rhonda Moen the watchdog?  :rofl:

I trust Moen about as much as her husband.  :blush:

We shouldn't have a "trust" situation set up with Rhonda Moen the insurer of that trust. Period.

Period.

Post Number: 10
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 27 2010,8:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Alfy Packer @ Aug. 27 2010,4:21 pm)
Lets get that consulting group that brought us Ms. Vicky, and Mr. Norman and pay them somemore money!  I don't mind spending money for value! :sarcasm:

Maybe we could go back to the old list and find another city manager out of that group?  O' that's right, most of them were tarnished too.

That would be the Brimeyer Group.   They also brought us Gabe, Kluever and I think Gene Smith.

Gee, this great big new jail too.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
114 replies since Aug. 27 2010,2:51 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 1212345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply New City Manager charged with felony
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon