Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Vern Rasmussen, a vote in the WRONG direction< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
bianca Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 08 2010,9:18 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rasmussen said he feels comfortable with the media and letting them know about various things going on in the city.

There may sometimes be time-sensitive issues because of business that may not be able to be talked about initially, but otherwise, he noted he thinks it’s important to keep the media in tune to what’s going on.

:dunno: Like say...Tiger Hills?! That worked out well for us. :angry:

He said he sees the media as part of the team — in that the city relies on the media to get their jobs done and vice versa. The Kehr's team, the vitality team and let's not forget the Chamber's team...just what we need Vern...another pocket man of the Chamber.
 :frusty:  

A vote for Vern Rasmussen is going backwards and is definitely a step in the WRONG direction.  :soapbox:

I certainly hope Mayor Murtaugh can be re-elected even if he has had to suspend his campaign due to his wife...this has to be so difficult for this poor family. I hope they get to spend this precious time together and that she is comfortable. :(

--------------
I believe in the patriotism and energy and initiative of the average man. Woodrow Wilson

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. — Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
City Worker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 09 2010,1:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know Mike really enjoys being Mayor of this city. I hope he can find the strenght to carry on. It will be tough since his wife has passed away.

Mike I support you either way, if you bow out or throw your hat in. May God Bless your wife , Geri.

I just wish we had more people running for Mayor if Mike bows out.
 Post Number: 3
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 09 2010,1:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I support Mayor Murtaugh for his 0% property tax this year. I know he will lead in future cuts rather than raising our property taxes.
Thanks Mayor Murtaugh for your leadership..
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,9:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rasmussen said he feels comfortable with the media and letting them know about various things going on in the city.

There may sometimes be time-sensitive issues because of business that may not be able to be talked about initially, but otherwise, he noted he thinks it’s important to keep the media in tune to what’s going on.

Hmmmmm....Would this be one of those occasions?  :dunno: How many more are there that we're not hearing about? Maker heard and told about this before the Trib, in another thread.

New Albert Lea City Manager Jim Norman is the subject of a pending investigation into alleged misconduct, Albert Lea Human Resources Director Mike Zelenak confirmed Tuesday.
The Albert Lea City Council briefly reviewed the allegations during a special meeting Monday. The nature of the allegations is concerning the use of the city credit card during Norman’s relocation to Albert Lea.

We're in trouble if Mayor Murtaugh doesn't want to be mayor and/or run due to his family situation...then....God help us all------>Vern Rasmussen=one giant step backwards. :nonono:

--------------
I believe in the patriotism and energy and initiative of the average man. Woodrow Wilson

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. — Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
 Post Number: 5
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,10:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mayoral candidates:

Could you tell our citizens/taxpayers how you feel about Ellen Kehr’s SHIP coordinator paid county job and being a city councilwoman? Do you feel that there is a conflict of interest or not?

Even though the Tribune is a member of the Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce, I was wanting more answers from the Tribune on this issue. Where is this money?

The SHIP grant is $190,000; if you go to www.healthyfreeborncounty.org, only $8,300 has been spelled out.

In the near future, another mayoral forum will be held, but the chamber decides what questions are worthy. Somehow, I don’t think it was wrong to ask at the last forum whether or not the executive director, Randy Kehr, and his wife’s numerous positions are conflicts of interest. Hopefully, the editor will allow the question here.

Is this right? What will you, if anything, do about it if elected as mayor? In Mr. Mike Murtaugh’s case, why wasn’t anything done?

Points to ponder for the citizens, taxpayers and mayoral candidates:

• The city statute statement that was used as a reason for Kehr to keep her position as a city councilwoman and/or SHIP coordinator for the county was written and hasn’t been amended since 1979. It mentions nothing about county jobs or county positions.

• Both Randy Kehr and Lois Ahern (who hired the unqualified Kehr being paid $22 per hour due to who she knows rather than interviewing anyone else for the position) are both on the Vitality Team, which can also apply for grants in which Ellen Kehr decides on.

• Ellen Kehr is the wife of the executive director of the Chamber of Commerce. Ms. Kehr is president of ALEDA and the Port Authority, which Dan Dorman proclaims that these two are not the same entity. There needs to be more transparency about these roles.

Tonya Lynch

Albert Lea

:clap:
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,1:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:thumbsup: Thanks Tim Engstrom for printing this :)

--------------

Post Number: 7
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,4:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nicely done, Tonya.  :beer:  And a BIG THANK YOU to Engstrom for printing your letter. :thumbsup:

[anxiously awaiting the responses]

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 8
Alfy Packer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,9:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What does Tonya's letter to the Trib have to do with Rasmussen?  If there is a connection please spell it out for me using little words that I can understand.  I'm not a Ras-man just don't see a connection other than both Kehr and Rasmussen are on the city council.  If he had something to do with Kehr getting the SHIP job I would like to know.  Also what is the linkage between this and his running for Mayor, which I would agree he needs to show how he would be qualified for the job before I would vote in that direction.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,9:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Alfy-Did you read the article? It is for the mayoral candidates for which Vern is.

Could you tell our citizens/taxpayers how you feel about Ellen Kehr’s SHIP coordinator paid county job and being a city councilwoman? Do you feel that there is a conflict of interest or not?

--------------

Post Number: 10
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 11 2010,9:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rasmussen is also on the Board of Directors at Port Authority/Greater Jobs Inc. with Ellen Kehr..
21 replies since Aug. 08 2010,9:18 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Vern Rasmussen
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon