>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Scott Schmeltzer, unbiased?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
bianca Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 02 2010,3:31 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would love to see my letter to the editor written last week printed: The letter pertaining to the letter to the editor about Kehr's position in May and the following article you did to defend it. :dunno:
 Why must I always contact Boone to tell them of your hypocrisy? How do you still have a job?
  You come on THIS site to "diss" (yes, I said, "diss") the forum and pretend to act as though you are unbiased yet there has NOT been ONE story on your comrade Kehr and the unknown amounts, people, and/or groups that have been funded thus far> THAT WOULD ACTUALLY BE REPORTING ON THINGS PEOPLE ACTUALLY [b]WANT TO KNOW. ???

:dunno:
As for the Chamber, you may want to broaden your circle of friends to more than Maddog as the Tribune is not a mouthpiece for the chamber. As far as me being on the board, I choose to be on the board to try and take part in our community so that I can see first hand how things go on. I am a believer in change and when you have a community newspaper, you need to be a part of the community. As far as my role on the board, please ask anyone who is on the board that I more than speak my opinions on what is taking place as all the board memebers do. I do not always agree at board meetings
???

Then prove it...  :dunno: :blush:

--------------
I believe in the patriotism and energy and initiative of the average man. Woodrow Wilson

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. — Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
gijoeman Search for posts by this member.
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 02 2010,7:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If not Kehr, who should it have been? ...u...

me?

I think Tony Soprano would've made the most with the money allotted. Just give the $$$ to T, he'll hand it out to who deserves and earns it.
 Post Number: 3
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 02 2010,7:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How about someone who was qualified and not already employed by the city?

No such thing as investigative reporting though from the ALTrib.  And with the Chamber getting help from SHIP and the ALTrib big shots on the Chamber board, I guess that's what you'd expect.

Move along, no conflicts here.  :sarcasm:

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 4
gijoeman Search for posts by this member.
H-E-Double Hockey Sticks

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 02 2010,10:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How about dem Schmeltzzzers?

To be honest, I can't point to a specific incidence of Scott S. really blatantly dissing this site.  Sure, i thought the hospital claims were really dumb and said so and I don't hold a grudge and it's in the past.  If yer gonna diss da Schmeltz you gotta point to specific dings.
 Post Number: 5
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 03 2010,12:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wasn't he part of the editorial board that anonymously bashed this site for anonymous posting when the Chamber wouldn't run my ads? Or when he let that guy with a girl's name bash the site in a guest column?

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
Scott Schmeltzer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 03 2010,8:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bianca,

You really should stop down to the Tribune at some point and introduce yourself to me as I have never met you so I cannot judge you. You seem to be able to be a judge, jury, and executioner all at the same time about me. I know what the word diss means and again I have not ever dissed your brother Chad's site.
I do like how you use the bolding of words to show your temper, but threatening my job and huffing and puffing does not get you very far in life. I would suggest counting to ten and then setting up an appointment to meet me to discuss this hypocrisy and how you see it.

Thanks for your time

Scott Schmeltzer
 Post Number: 7
fredbear Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 03 2010,10:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why don't you just tell us about all the times you disagreed with the chambers direction...

Here's another thing for you to comment on:
Obviously, the Ellen Kehr debacle has affected many people in this community and has been discussed at length by individuals in public along with this forum. Somewhere, someone at the trib had to have heard an inkling about the uproar caused by this appointment, but where is the story? I must have missed it.

You can blather on and on about how unbiased you are but words mean nothing when your actions ( or inactions) betray you.

Keep up the subpar work.
 Post Number: 8
bianca Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 03 2010,10:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^Excellent post fredbear. :woohoo:

Mr. Schmeltzer,
    Good answer ??? ...which is in my book, still no answer.  :blush: But then again how would one defend against the indefensible? Huffing and puffing? Threatening your job? Who's reading into things? Paranoia will destroy ya, may be cliche' but who's assuming now?
When I contact Boone publishing I tell them about how biased and one-sided the Trib gets to be and that it's more one person's paper and ideas, rather than actual reporting of news people want to know about. It's called "customer service".
 As for the bolding of words, hardly a temper, get a grip! :laugh: Some people actually bold words and/or capitalize, underline, etc. to put emphasis on the words in case people want to just skim through the topic.
 You ARE, however, correct in saying you don't know me, nor should you judge me. I'm simply asking you to do your job as an editor of the newspaper by doing some investigative reporting on anyone/anything that is controversial in this town. Rather than who you pick and choose to report on dependent on whether or not they are: a) fellow chamber member b.) friend of the family or c. someone you feel as being important in the community. :dunno:

I love the way you keep trying to avoid the Ellen Kehr/SHIP grant controversy. It only proves what we all are trying to tell you. Skirt the issues you feel are damaging to someone you rub arms with but report the ones that don't happen to be in your clique. :blush:  Is that journalism? :dunno:

Now where's that letter so the "community" can read about the controversy around the article you printed in May and what is actually happening to the grant money? As far as we know, it could be at Diamond Joes. Afterall, we already had someone that people trusted with their money waste it away, how does anyone know if it's happing again? :dunno:

Thank you for your time and have a terrific day.
        :) Bianca Blast  :;):

--------------
I believe in the patriotism and energy and initiative of the average man. Woodrow Wilson

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. — Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
 Post Number: 9
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 03 2010,11:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Chad does more investigating [and deeper investigating] in one week that the ALTRIB does in one year [and that's being generous.]

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 10
hymiebravo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 06 2010,10:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Scott Schmeltzer @ Aug. 03 2010,8:45 am)
Bianca,

You really should stop down to the Tribune at some point and introduce yourself to me as I have never met you so I cannot judge you. You seem to be able to be a judge, jury, and executioner all at the same time about me. I know what the word diss means and again I have not ever dissed your brother Chad's site.
I do like how you use the bolding of words to show your temper, but threatening my job and huffing and puffing does not get you very far in life. I would suggest counting to ten and then setting up an appointment to meet me to discuss this hypocrisy and how you see it.

Thanks for your time

Scott Schmeltzer

Ha ha yes you just pipe down Bianca. How dare you question what goes on in Albert Lea.

Better fall in line.
13 replies since Aug. 02 2010,3:31 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Scott Schmeltzer
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon