Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: KFC...That's Bull@#$!, A Wilde Speech...as serious as i can be!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
De NoVo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,11:02 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

*****DE NOVO BLOG & BROADCAST SITE*****

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
GEOKARJO Search for posts by this member.
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,11:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Denovo Buy a New hat . Look at yourself you have the Larry the Cable Guy Personna going on there.

Are you not aware that our city leaders have determined this town does not have the resources to supply industry with nothing but unskilled labor. Therefore we are going to be the meca of fast food and truck stops in the upper midwest.

Hell I wanted a Sonic There.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,12:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Posted by headscratcher (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 9:27 a.m. (Suggest removal)

YIPPEE!!!!

Posted by innovative (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 9:35 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Can't wait! You'll be getting business from our family.

Posted by metoo (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 10:06 a.m. (Suggest removal)

This is sad news considering the way chickens (animals in general) are treated. Just this morning on KAAL they showed how baby male chicks in a factory in IA are thrown in a grinder (ALIVE) as they go along a conveyer belt because they are of no use.

Posted by tinker (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 10:06 a.m. (Suggest removal)

great location on my way home.

Posted by Joker (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 10:22 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Welcome back to town.

Posted by hockeymom (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 10:52 a.m. (Suggest removal)

geeeezzzz there always has to be at least ONE person on here with negative comments!!! I am happy to have KFC coming back to Albert Lea :-)

Posted by OneVoice (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 11:28 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Its been a long time - can hardly wait!

Posted by chickenlittle (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 11:30 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Hallelujah!!! It does my heart good to know that the KFC that we have known and loved since 1967 will be back in Albert Lea!!! Thank you Tom Leland for being that "driving force".

Posted by peterbreitholtz (Peter Breitholtz) on September 2, 2009 at 12:06 p.m. (Suggest removal)

what a joke...WAKE UP!...LIVE Wilde Speech linked below

http://www.albertlea.com/cgi-bin/ikonboa...

Posted by tsds294 (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 12:15 p.m. (Suggest removal)

This is great news. Very convient location and more options to choose from in that area.

Posted by ownerof2dogs (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 12:27 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Wonderful news!!

Posted by peterbreitholtz (Peter Breitholtz) on September 2, 2009 at 12:31 p.m. (Suggest removal)

tom leland...wow...didn't you write an inspiring essay of sort that was published in the tribune recently...any profit for you in this...pfizer setteled today...2.3 billion dollars...wonder how many doctors will be prosecuted

Posted by tamilynne (anonymous) on September 2, 2009 at 12:31 p.m. (Suggest removal)

OMG!!! I would practically kill for a CHICKEN LITTLE right now. Not one of the stupid snackers they have now, but the real chicken littles that they had back in the day for like really cheap...

Posted by peterbreitholtz (Peter Breitholtz) on September 2, 2009 at 12:35 p.m. (Suggest removal)

oh and i witnessed your dad?...proposition a group of travelling senators...one of which i know personally...tim mahoney...east side st. paul...he wants poker machines in bars...or some foolishness like that...bumped into him once at the old starbucks...apparently he told somebody he was surprised by how friendly i was...i was actually happy at the time...i liked sitting in starbucks and reading the new york times book review...i'm no fan of starbucks necessarily...but the concept was better...and i still want to run a web publishing/news business out of their...how's that

Posted by peterbreitholtz (Peter Breitholtz) on September 2, 2009 at 12:36 p.m. (Suggest removal)

oh...and the paper was free
 Post Number: 4
GEOKARJO Search for posts by this member.
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,1:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey De Novo Who's cherieos did you spit in, your post are removed from Albert Lea Tribune.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,2:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not sure what his beef is with KFC or is it just the spot they chose?  They are retail zoned area.  They are in the food chain so to speak.

Personally, I'm diappointed they didn't remain in the old location, but a number of years ago I spoke to the previous owner of KFC and the location wasn't big enough for the franchise any longer.

I doubt very much that Tom Leland wrote anything in the Tribune?  Did he, anyone?  More than likely it was his brother.

Hey De Novo Who's cherieos did you spit in, your post are removed from Albert Lea Tribune.
 GEO, maybe he needs a hoosier pill.   :rofl:

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,3:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

is that right?...what are the zoning laws for b2?
 Post Number: 7
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,3:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There's a Taco John's right next to it, along with a Burger King just down from there.  What "nice area" are you referring to?  It's a strip of fast food, motels, and auto parts...

Like it or not, people buy fast food like crazy, and the businesses have to have a place to be.  I don't know what possible location would be better for a KFC other than the old Starbucks site.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 8
Paul Harvey Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,3:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

KFC's good chow though. Gotta love the Colonel's spices. What kinda spice can you bring to the table Denovo? What sort of web publishing were you thinking of getting into, publishing your blog?

:blush:

--------------
~I love trolling n00bs and pwning assholes~
 Post Number: 9
ControlledHyperness Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,3:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Honestly, I think a Sonic would have been better there...right by a hotel or two, by WalMart, on the edge of town. The only draw back would be that it isn't big enough to be a "hangout" as many of them become.
That being said, maybe an A&W would have been better there?? Oh wait, Austin has one so novelty is gone....

Oh well. I am glad KFC is coming in, and would be really interested to find out if it will be a plain KFC, or if it will be piggybacking with Long John Silver's, A&W, or some other foodplace.

--------------
I once had a thought...then it ran off before I could remember what it was...
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 02 2009,3:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

first of all...i ate popeye's in the bronx...NEVER KFC...i'm gonna work out of the south side...gonna keep doin what you guys are doin and gonna get paid...wanna help?...ph?
37 replies since Sep. 02 2009,11:02 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply KFC...That's Bull@#$!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon