» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: RIP Les Paul, Guitar Legend Passes Away< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Wareagle11B Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,12:10 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

94 years old and a legend in the music business.

From Wikipedia:

Lester William Polfuss, known as Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009[1]) was an American jazz guitarist and inventor. He was a pioneer in the development of the solid-body electric guitar which "made the sound of rock and roll possible."[2] His many recording innovations included overdubbing, delay effects such as "sound on sound" and tape delay, phasing effects, and multitrack recording. He is often credited as being the 'father of modern music'.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!

Teddy Roosevelt

www.warriorlegacyfoundation.org
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,12:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Les Paul & Mary Ford, some good stuff if you are old enough to remember it.  I am glad he lived a long & productive life.

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 3
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,1:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you remember them together, I've got some dirt at home younger than you.  :D

youtube

When I think of Les Paul, I think of perhaps one of his most famous guitars.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 4
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,1:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Legend has it that he heard how the passing diesel trains would make his windows resonate when the engines were at certain RPM's. That's where he somehow got the idea that would later evolve into the Les Paul electric guitar.

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 5
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,2:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's a Fender, you can tell by the word Fender on the headstock.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,4:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good thing you caught that.  

Jimi had a black Les Paul Gibson in addition to the Fender Stratocaster he played at Woodstock.

I saw the black guitar in his hand and posted.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 7
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,5:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(MADDOG @ Aug. 13 2009,1:11 pm)
If you remember them together, I've got some dirt at home younger than you.  :D

youtube

FYI:  I was born the day before dirt was invented.

Go to YouTube and listen to Les Paul & Mary Ford.  How High the Moon is a good start.  Amazing stuff, way ahead of its time.  Les was a genius.   :clap:

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,7:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That he was.

--------------
 Post Number: 9
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,8:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jimmy, had many guitars. One of our posters lives out by his collection. My wife and I took a train trip out to Portland,so close to Seattle, a couple of years ago. I got a bad tummy ache from eating some bad food out there from a storm with 117 mph winds. We loved the weather but what I ate did not love me back, got laid up for a couple of days. One of the regrets was not to go see Jimmy's place. Oh well, maybe next time. Les Paul was a milestone for the music we still enjoy today! :notworthy:  :thumbsup:

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 10
Paul Harvey Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 13 2009,8:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
~I love trolling n00bs and pwning assholes~
9 replies since Aug. 13 2009,12:10 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply RIP Les Paul
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon